C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&B Bullits / Borla Stigers

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 06:10 PM
andyandy98
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AHTTG
Wow, awesome link.

Edit: Got home to check it out and no borla soundclip.

I'm pretty much 80% set on the stingers right now. My only concern is drone, since I will have an A6. Basically looking for something that won't be obnoxiously loud at idle/cruising, but will scream under WOT.
The Stingers are quite civil when not driven hard. Obviously hammering the gas gets you noticed fast.

You will have drone. Where the drone is adversely noticed is cruising on the highway 1500-1900 RPM windows/top all closed up. It gets pretty loud, so much that you must raise your voice to speak with your passenger.

Solutions to drone: Drive more so with windows/top open. Get new gears and raise the highway cruising RPM. Ignore it and the good will outweigh the bad.

Oh ya and headers do a delightful number to either the Bullets or the Stingers. One word: EARGASMIC.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:09 PM
AHTTG
Instructor

Originally Posted by andyandy98
The Stingers are quite civil when not driven hard. Obviously hammering the gas gets you noticed fast.

You will have drone. Where the drone is adversely noticed is cruising on the highway 1500-1900 RPM windows/top all closed up. It gets pretty loud, so much that you must raise your voice to speak with your passenger.

Solutions to drone: Drive more so with windows/top open. Get new gears and raise the highway cruising RPM. Ignore it and the good will outweigh the bad.

Oh ya and headers do a delightful number to either the Bullets or the Stingers. One word: EARGASMIC.
Damn

This car will be a daily driver for the next 5 years... I'm starting to rethink the decision to not order the NPP and going for an aftermarket instead.

Have you heard the corsa sport/extreme? I'm wondering how that sounds compared to the stingers under throttle. I have heard the NPP at full throttle and I liked it, if corsa's are a bit louder than that, that would be great.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:23 AM
andyandy98
Pro

Originally Posted by AHTTG
Damn

This car will be a daily driver for the next 5 years... I'm starting to rethink the decision to not order the NPP and going for an aftermarket instead.

Have you heard the corsa sport/extreme? I'm wondering how that sounds compared to the stingers under throttle. I have heard the NPP at full throttle and I liked it, if corsa's are a bit louder than that, that would be great.
Yes I hear the Corsa Sports daily, as someone parks a C5 in my office pkg lot daily.

They are a higher pitched European type sound. Going nore towards the Ferrari type sound instead of American big V8 muscle. I have heard from many forum members that drone IS NOT an issue.

Corsa quality is excellent. You just have be certain that is the type of sound you wish.

Personally, my C6 with it's Borla Stingers AND headers is my daily driver and can live with the drone issue. Some can, others say they can not. Like I said, you learn how to drive the car to minimize the drone but it will always be there as a concern for highway cruising.

I hear several forum members have gone with the Borla Touring exhaust and had the drone eliminated. They are not as loud as the Stingers or Bullets, but WOT is still impressive.

IMHO you should actually consider doing headers and keeping the stock mufflers for now. Two reasons; One is this may be the sound you will be happy with as headers sound amazing with any exhaust {generally makes them a bit louder and they have their own distinct sound from the engine bay} and second, you will have noticable performance gains. You can always add an inspiring exhaust later.

If I did it over again, I would get the headers first for sure. But that is if you want headers in the future at all.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:41 AM
safatboyvette
Cruising

I could not wait any longer,ordered the Bullets & X-pipe for $ 1095 for Corvettes of Houston (also Vara Ram)yesterday,cant wait to EAR the sound
Old 07-19-2007, 11:45 AM
andyandy98
Pro

Originally Posted by safatboyvette
I could not wait any longer,ordered the Bullets & X-pipe for $ 1095 for Corvettes of Houston (also Vara Ram)yesterday,cant wait to EAR the sound
Old 07-19-2007, 11:58 AM
petrasb
Intermediate

I love my GHL's
Old 07-19-2007, 01:00 PM
AHTTG
Instructor

Originally Posted by andyandy98
Thanks for the advice, I will give it careful consideration.

Quick Reply: B&B Bullits / Borla Stigers