C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Seat disconnections

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 12:05 PM
bcopper
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Driver Seat disconnections

Hello guys and gals. I'm new to posting, so please forgive mistakes. I have a stock C6, 06, A6. Just putting in a new seat for an upcoming track day at Road Atlanta. Everything went well until I started to adjust the steering column for the adjusting for the new seat. The manual adjustment is fine, mechanical of course, but when I tried to adjust the electrical adjustment of the fore and aft of the steering column, it does not move. It worked fine before I started this process. I understand that maybe I disconnected this when I disconnected all the connections under the driver seat, but does that really make sense? A disconnect under the seat disallows an adjustment on the steering column ?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance...
Old 02-25-2007, 05:23 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Yes you lose telescope when you disconnect, but it keeps whatever position it was in, at least. This should really be a sticky.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor

It won't help you today, but we are working to solve this issue! You probably also have an airbag light on in the dash.

As soon as we have a plug-in solution, we'll post and let you know.

-Aaron
Old 02-26-2007, 09:11 AM
bcopper
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi TT & Aaron,

Thanks for the replay. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I did incorrectly.

Aaron. I'll look for your "fix". Yes, I do get the "airbag" light, but that is easy to ignore.

Get notified of new replies

To Driver Seat disconnections

Quick Reply: Driver Seat disconnections