C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another COW WOW !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 06:02 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Default Another COW WOW !!!!

Sorry bout the Title but I coudn't resist.

The story is,,,,, I had an offer from someone to buy my car but they didn't want the mail order tune I had in it. I could have gone back to stock OEM tune since I had the stock file and the LS2 edit program allowed me to do that but the hassle and expense of trying to get the cable assigned to another buyer/car (and other issues), caused me and the potential buyer to back out of the deal. So at this point, I decided to try another tuner. Not that the first tune didn't tune the car well, I am sure it did, but Chuck from Corvettes Of Westchester (COW) will also tune the A4 tranny in the 05.

To borrow from a certain current marketing campaign,

"THE WOW STARTS HERE"

Let me tell you, the tranny is now where I felt it should have been from the factory. It shifts faster than it ever has before. Now when I hit the go pedal, I don't have to wait for the tranny to downshift. It goes and there is no doubt about it. Before it was sloppy, felt like I had to wait a second before the TCM decided it was okay to down shift and I'm sorry, when I want to downshift, I want it NOW, not when the TCM thinks it's okay. The shifts are crisp and to the point. When I drive it easy there isn't a great deal of difference from stock but you can tell the tranny is shifting quicker, IE there is a more noticeable shift, not the SLIDE into gear but crisp and to the point. When you downshift for power it will knock you head back into the headrest.

I LIKE IT!!!

As to the motor, well this thing is a beast from the factory and it still is. Butt dyno says there MAY be a little more than with the other mail order tune but that is awfully hard to judge.

I am not one to cheer lead usually but I have to tell you, I would, and will, unequivocally recommend Chucks mail order tune above any other mail order tune I have heard about or used. He delivers what he promises, it isn't just a sales pitch.

Now, if anyone knows of a dyno within about an hours drive of Jonesboro AR (Northeast corner about an hour from Memphis) I will get this baby dynoed and let everyone know just how much more Chucks tune will likely get you.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 02-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'11-'12

Nice to hear...Chuck has a habit of making people smile!
Old 02-02-2007, 07:32 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

are you going to keep it now
Old 02-02-2007, 08:03 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
are you going to keep it now
Oh YEA!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2007, 08:17 AM
cajunspeed
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see you are happy
Old 02-03-2007, 08:52 AM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

My wife knew I was happy when I got back from the drive. When I got out of the car she started laughing. When I asked her why she said I had that little boy look I get when I am really happy about something. Guess I better not play poker with her.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:55 AM
ben dover
Team Owner

Location: When all is said and done... there is a hell of a lot more said than done. Riverside,Texas
Received 139 Likes on 128 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
My wife knew I was happy when I got back from the drive. When I got out of the car she started laughing. When I asked her why she said I had that little boy look I get when I am really happy about something. Guess I better not play poker with her.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chuck is probably the best tuner on the East coast.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:01 AM
johnnyhulk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-17-2007, 07:03 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Another COW WOW!

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
Sorry bout the Title but I coudn't resist.

The story is,,,,, I had an offer from someone to buy my car but they didn't want the mail order tune I had in it. I could have gone back to stock OEM tune since I had the stock file and the LS2 edit program allowed me to do that but the hassle and expense of trying to get the cable assigned to another buyer/car (and other issues), caused me and the potential buyer to back out of the deal. So at this point, I decided to try another tuner. Not that the first tune didn't tune the car well, I am sure it did, but Chuck from Corvettes Of Westchester (COW) will also tune the A4 tranny in the 05.

To borrow from a certain current marketing campaign,

"THE WOW STARTS HERE"

Let me tell you, the tranny is now where I felt it should have been from the factory. It shifts faster than it ever has before. Now when I hit the go pedal, I don't have to wait for the tranny to downshift. It goes and there is no doubt about it. Before it was sloppy, felt like I had to wait a second before the TCM decided it was okay to down shift and I'm sorry, when I want to downshift, I want it NOW, not when the TCM thinks it's okay. The shifts are crisp and to the point. When I drive it easy there isn't a great deal of difference from stock but you can tell the tranny is shifting quicker, IE there is a more noticeable shift, not the SLIDE into gear but crisp and to the point. When you downshift for power it will knock you head back into the headrest.

I LIKE IT!!!

As to the motor, well this thing is a beast from the factory and it still is. Butt dyno says there MAY be a little more than with the other mail order tune but that is awfully hard to judge.

I am not one to cheer lead usually but I have to tell you, I would, and will, unequivocally recommend Chucks mail order tune above any other mail order tune I have heard about or used. He delivers what he promises, it isn't just a sales pitch.

Now, if anyone knows of a dyno within about an hours drive of Jonesboro AR (Northeast corner about an hour from Memphis) I will get this baby dynoed and let everyone know just how much more Chucks tune will likely get you.

Thanks Dude!

I think that I'm gonna have to change my official slogan now!

COW WOW! I like it!~

Stay Tuned,
Chuck CoW

Get notified of new replies

To Another COW WOW !!!!

Quick Reply: Another COW WOW !!!!