C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone here have Sound Clips of C6 w/ FULL Exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 08:09 PM
supercoolsix
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone here have Sound Clips of C6 w/ FULL Exhaust??

i've searched and searched the forums and couldn't find anyone with sound clips of C6 w/ Full Exhaust.

i have the B&B Bullet Exhaust but i want to know if the drone, is liveable w/ american racing headers or even LG headers..

thanks u CF in advance!
save the wave!
Old 09-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Blue02Z06
Racer

i dont have any sound clips but i can tell you my Kooks with offroad X pipe and B&B Bullets is more than livable. I love the sound at WOT and it honestly doesnt resonate much more than when i had just the B&B's on by themselves.

Dave
Old 09-20-2006, 09:21 PM
bojan
Instructor

look here

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1492408
Old 09-20-2006, 11:23 PM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'09

I have that same set-up{bullets w/ Am. racing headers},and I can live with it!{but nobody else in my family can}
I LOVE the sound!!
Old 09-20-2006, 11:36 PM
nicosuave
Instructor

Can someone PLEASE post a soundclip of a c6 with a corsa touring exhaust. I'm sick of hearing these high pitched screamy "sport" systems.

In my opinion the cams that everyone raves about make the car sound like an obnoxious lawn mower. I always hated the sound of harleys. Being loud for the sake of being loud - go away please! Wanna impress me, make your car issue a creamy low pitched rumble. The v8 is the creamiest engine out there, make it sound like it, not some lawn mower from the 70's, get over the low tech nostalgia! The fact that my friends 95 cobra with exhaust sounds better than any c6 i've heard in the videos posted on these forums makes me weep. Corvettes should sound better than mustangs. From the corsa site, the touring exhaust is the only sound that comes close to what I want. Someone please post a video or sound clip.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:03 AM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'09

Originally Posted by nicosuave
Can someone PLEASE post a soundclip of a c6 with a corsa touring exhaust. I'm sick of hearing these high pitched screamy "sport" systems.

In my opinion the cams that everyone raves about make the car sound like an obnoxious lawn mower. I always hated the sound of harleys. Being loud for the sake of being loud - go away please! Wanna impress me, make your car issue a creamy low pitched rumble. The v8 is the creamiest engine out there, make it sound like it, not some lawn mower from the 70's, get over the low tech nostalgia! The fact that my friends 95 cobra with exhaust sounds better than any c6 i've heard in the videos posted on these forums makes me weep. Corvettes should sound better than mustangs. From the corsa site, the touring exhaust is the only sound that comes close to what I want. Someone please post a video or sound clip.

Hello,everybody's got thier own "taste" for what they want thier vette's to sound like!!
If you like the corsa's,then go for it!
What type of vette do you have?
Old 09-21-2006, 07:07 AM
rckt
Melting Slicks

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

Corsa sounds more like a ferrari not an american muscle car. Go with the Borlas or Bullets. Also, the toouring models are not worth a grand, too close to stock, IMO of course
Old 09-21-2006, 07:59 PM
SCZ51
Instructor

GHL's sound good. Maybe cause that's what I've got. I like um.
If I can get the camara from the kids, I'll try and make a little sound clip
this weekend.

But I am running LG LT's with no cats and the GHL.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:18 PM
mcm
Racer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzk2Yhv6la8

Favourite sounding C6 yet.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:27 AM
hymnatr
Instructor

I just put a set of american racing long tubes with b&b bullets and the sound is great.

Brian
Old 09-22-2006, 12:27 PM
NeedaC6
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

GHL with LG headers
http://media.putfile.com/GHL-exhaust-LG-Pro-headers

Borla Stingers with LG Headers
http://media.putfile.com/Borla-Sport...aust-w-headers

Both are with off-road X-pipe
Old 09-23-2006, 10:56 AM
nicosuave
Instructor

Originally Posted by rckt
Corsa sounds more like a ferrari not an american muscle car. Go with the Borlas or Bullets. Also, the toouring models are not worth a grand, too close to stock, IMO of course
Also someone asked what type of vette I have. I have a 2005 c6 z51 with 5800 miles on it. Manual.

I like the stock exhaust note but it needs amplification by 3 or 4 fold. Any ideas anyone?

Would someone want to explain to me why you wouldn't want your vette to sound like a ferrari? My dad has 3 ferraris, 5 corvettes, an sl55, 3 bmw's, a 65 cobra and a ford gt among others. The ferraris sound the best, period! Granted, the ford gt, m-roadster and sl55 have awesome low pitched sounds. None except the raw cobra have "headers" to make the engine sound like a crackly obnoxious beast.

Someone else said the corsa touring is too close to stock. Care to explain? Is it just as loud, louder, by how much (explain in folds not decibals I forget college physics thanks) and how can it be so close to stock if they advertise 65% increased flow?
Old 09-23-2006, 10:58 AM
nicosuave
Instructor

ps. still no one has posted a video of their vette with the touring exhaust...I'm really looking for that!

Would it be safe to say with the vararam intake, touring exhaust and maybe a supercharger, my car would sound dope?

Last edited by nicosuave; 09-23-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I can assure you, with my LPE 403, LG Pro long tubes and Corsa Sport exhaust....my car does not sound like a "lawnmower." It's a nice low rumble at idle....a deep 'gurgle' when I let off the gas and when going WOT it's all power....the sound blasts (my oldest son said it 'trumpets'). Also, with the Corsa Sport exhaust I have no drone.

IMHO, it one of the best sounding Vettes I've ever heard.....it's a head-turner. I'm going to experiment taking some videos this week so I hope to have something posted soon.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Italian C6
Pro

ps. still no one has posted a video of their vette with the touring exhaust...I'm really looking for that!

Would it be safe to say with the vararam intake, touring exhaust and maybe a supercharger, my car would sound dope?
Borla Stingers with X-Pipe
[IMG][/IMG]

Borla Touring with X-Pipe
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-23-2006, 03:42 PM
mikejfl
Racer

Default H/C, Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa Sport, halltech, tune

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4...370047dfb8.htm
Old 09-25-2006, 01:10 AM
C6 Vette
Instructor

Default Dreaded drone issue.....is it liveable?

I bought a 2005 Corvette and could not stand the old-man Cadillac sound! (I had SLP headers on my Firehawk before it was hit and killed).

Anyway, I decided to put the Random Tech system on, which is 3" all the way back, with resonators which appear to be straight through. I understand BBs are this way too.

I read that the new C6 exhaust manifolds were hydro-formed, so adding headers might pickup a few hp, but not as much as the older C5 designs. Hence the decision to go with Random.

The sound is aggressive! People stop me all the time to ask about the exhaust. I promoted this product on the Power Tour and I know I sold several more systems, people really like it.

My Vette has the Z51 option, which gives me a lower gear, so the drone is not as noticeable in the "highway speeds of 72 to 77mph". It is there but not as bad as I thought it would be. Now, I want to add headers, but I can't find anyone who has done this--I'd like to find some that bolt right up. I am sure it will be too loud then, but I will get used to it.

Funny story on my exhaust. I was getting ready to go on the Power Tour, and I begged my wife to come along. She said, well take me for a ride, it sounds very loud. About 2 blocks into it, she said, "This is WAY to loud for me, there is no way I can drive 3200 miles with you on the Power Tour!" I said, "Damn honey, that's too bad!

HA! I wish I could say I was that smart, but I'm not! Anyway, I have had 2 great years on the Power Tour (now my 6th in 7 years) and everyone loves the sound of that exhaust. I just can't wait to see how loud it is with headers!

Has anyone put headers on with the Random cat-back? If so, which brand? I am thinking of going with the LG Motorsports, or the SuperMaxx 1 3/4s.......any thoughts???
Old 09-25-2006, 05:26 AM
supercoolsix
Burning Brakes

i just wanted to thank everyone for replying to my thread... u guys convinced me to go ahead and go for it! thanks Corvette Forum!!
Old 09-25-2006, 10:45 AM
aero400
Instructor

Great info - Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone here have Sound Clips of C6 w/ FULL Exhaust??

Quick Reply: Anyone here have Sound Clips of C6 w/ FULL Exhaust??