C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger-procharger? Ideas/recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 12:06 PM
legalgus
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Supercharger-procharger? Ideas/recommendations?

Posted this in the general C6 section w/o any luck. Looking into installing a supercharger on my C6. Read about Procharger, also Lingenfelter (don't like to change out the hood, however). Anyone gone the supercharger route? Recommendations? Most likely will have "expert" install/tune. Heard about Modular Madness Speed in Sarasota. I'm within fairly easy driving distance to Orlando, Tampa or Sarasota. Appreciate the help/feedback.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:48 PM
SteveL2
Team Owner

Received 209 Likes on 126 Posts

You need to post and check out the C6 Forced Induction section. Current offerings are Magnuson roots-type (e.g., vendor Lingenfelter), Paxton centrifugal-type (e.g., vendor ECS), and Vortec centrifugal-type (e.g., vendor A&A).

And, for the C6, it's all relatively new so you might also go into the C5 Forced Induction section, although the applications for the C5 have evolved a long way since they started, and not all apply equally to the C6. In the C5, there were also Magnusons, and back in those days ECS and A&A also offered ATI, but ATI pulled some bad business judgement so both of those well-reputed tuners walked away and took up new platforms for the C6.

EDIT: And, ATI is making their own kit for the C6, but as far as I know no one is customizing that kit like ECS and A&A did for the C5, so you're stuck with the support from ATI, which has lots of not-so-good history you'll also find in the C5 Forced Induction archives (perhaps ATI learned and will do better with the C6).

Last edited by SteveL2; 05-04-2006 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:32 PM
tfenton
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had A&A install their custom vortech...I've had the car 1 week and it's an awesome set up. Smooth power delivery, relatively flat tq curve, and sounds terrific. Could not be happier...will have a more detailed review with more mileage. But thus far
Old 05-05-2006, 12:58 AM
C6 ROLLER
Burning Brakes

ATI prochargers was my option 508/482 with an automatic. Their # is (913)338-2886. Go to their site PROCHARGER.COM for a look at the product. I couldn't be happier unless they threw in a good looking blond for the passenger seat.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:33 AM
Brabus2
Safety Car

About 4500 miles on my ProCharger kit thus far and it just kicks azzz!!! If this forum had a kill section, I'd be racking up some pimp points...this ATI kit is a street demon, just plain . There's a strong camp of ProCharger guys on the forum, they all seem to be happy with their choice....good luck with yours.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:16 AM
C2Jeff
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Brabus2
About 4500 miles on my ProCharger kit thus far and it just kicks azzz!!! If this forum had a kill section, I'd be racking up some pimp points...this ATI kit is a street demon, just plain . There's a strong camp of ProCharger guys on the forum, they all seem to be happy with their choice....good luck with yours.
What sort of numbers are you getting (on the dyno and on the track)? And what other mods were involved?
What size wheels and tires and what type/brand tires did you use at the rear to ransmit all that power to the ground or did you leave it stock? If you opted to go with wider wheels and tires, did you have to use the wider Z06 fenders?

All in all, what costs did you experience in completing all the changes? I know that the ProCharger costs $6995 and that installation in South Florida is steep at $3K, though I've heard of others around the country paying considerably less (don't know if they are getting less, but definitely are paying less). Plus accomodating the power by changing out the rear wheels/tires (if you did) had to also cost you, so all-inclusive, wghat did your rig end up costing you? (don't itemize other mods and their costs unless they significantly impacted RWHP and trap times)
Old 05-05-2006, 07:24 AM
SickRick
Drifting

Magnacharger is great, all the time boost. Not as much peak HP, but monster TQ from the moment you step on the pedal.

Only problem is: unless you do it on a BONE STOCK MOTOR (no heads/cam mods) - NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO TUNE the car correctly.

Rick
Old 05-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Brabus2

Jeremy
Old 05-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Diver Dave
Advanced

ATI Procharger is the best, in my opinion. All bolt on. No engine disassembly. And you get great results. 505RWHP on my 05 Z51.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:18 AM
Gagunga
Advanced

Wait for later this year when KB comes out with their LS2 blower.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:46 AM
valdeztke
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Later this year? More like later 2007 sometime
Old 06-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Two-Lane Blacktop
Instructor

Originally Posted by legalgus
Posted this in the general C6 section w/o any luck. Looking into installing a supercharger on my C6. Read about Procharger, also Lingenfelter (don't like to change out the hood, however). Anyone gone the supercharger route? Recommendations? Most likely will have "expert" install/tune. Heard about Modular Madness Speed in Sarasota. I'm within fairly easy driving distance to Orlando, Tampa or Sarasota. Appreciate the help/feedback.
Check Next Level Performance in Orlando @ 1-407-869-7223. Corvette experts. Never been in one with a Magnuson, but have been a passenger in one C5 Z06 with a Pro Charger, headers and stock street tires. It made awesome power. When floored, it never hooked on 1st or 2nd, and only began to put the power down on 3rd. Good luck.

Last edited by Two-Lane Blacktop; 06-05-2006 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:09 PM
dstage
Racer

A insufficient turbo is better than a sufficient supercharger. Spend the extra $$$ and get a twin turbo.. TRUST ME.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:27 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by dstage
A insufficient turbo is better than a sufficient supercharger. Spend the extra $$$ and get a twin turbo.. TRUST ME.

I believe that is a personal preference statement that many will not agree with.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:33 AM
c6nut
Burning Brakes

A TT set up done correctly will cost you double of what a S/C will cost for not much more power. I did the Procharger on my 06 auto and kicks azzz. 517 RWHP with fullexhaust. Mail order tune from Ed Wright. I am going to te track this weekend and think we should do low 11's.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:21 AM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by saplumr
I believe that is a personal preference statement that many will not agree with.

Jeremy
Old 06-06-2006, 03:06 AM
lockshed
Instructor

05, a4 vert procharger 5 lbs boost, VR, tan top, cashmere interior, Kooks LT, corsa, loyds, chrome license plate frame for christ's sakes, but pulled 489 RWHP 454 tq, have great traction so far, not sure if I want more power because if I lose traction, won't be so fun, would like a little more boost, but to what expense. Will drag it in the 1/8 soon compared to stock and post results. Love my set up so far, yet, as I was told before and when I picked up car, i would be back for more power. And I will be, but gears will be my next major mod, no doubt. A&A is my mod vendor of choice.

Get notified of new replies

To Supercharger-procharger? Ideas/recommendations?

Old 06-06-2006, 03:12 AM
lockshed
Instructor

Originally Posted by C6Jeff
What sort of numbers are you getting (on the dyno and on the track)? And what other mods were involved?
What size wheels and tires and what type/brand tires did you use at the rear to ransmit all that power to the ground or did you leave it stock? If you opted to go with wider wheels and tires, did you have to use the wider Z06 fenders?

All in all, what costs did you experience in completing all the changes? I know that the ProCharger costs $6995 and that installation in South Florida is steep at $3K, though I've heard of others around the country paying considerably less (don't know if they are getting less, but definitely are paying less). Plus accomodating the power by changing out the rear wheels/tires (if you did) had to also cost you, so all-inclusive, wghat did your rig end up costing you? (don't itemize other mods and their costs unless they significantly impacted RWHP and trap times)

c6jeff
I have no traction issues. only 489 rwhp 454 tq dyno jet. 5 pounds boost. fast, but could be faster off the line, get sideways once in a blue moon going straight fast on slick roads, love my sound kooks, procharger corsa. I can't compare to any other vett yet. 60 to 100 kicks ***. 20 to 80 also. I will post 1/8 times when I get a chance to compare. 12k in mods and accumulating
Old 06-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Blue 2006

'05, a4 vert procharger 5 lbs boost, VR, tan top, cashmere interior, Kooks LT, corsa, loyds, chrome license plate frame for christ's sakes
'

REPLY: Im a Christian also and love The Lord ; can you tell me how a chrome license plate frame is for his sake ? Id like to get one if thats the case. Many thanks !
Old 06-06-2006, 09:33 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by SickRick
Magnacharger is great, all the time boost. Not as much peak HP, but monster TQ from the moment you step on the pedal.

Only problem is: unless you do it on a BONE STOCK MOTOR (no heads/cam mods) - NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO TUNE the car correctly.

Rick
Sounds like you are in the wrong state, because we have quite a few tuners in Houston that can tune a supercharged C6 no problem. Mine has a Magna and a cam in it too.

Haven't seen many track times from the Procharger C6 guys, just a lot of dyno racing so far

Quick Reply: Supercharger-procharger? Ideas/recommendations?