C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 wheel alignment shop: in MD/VA area?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 12:56 PM
ZMEGO
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 4 wheel alignment shop: in MD/VA area?

Looking for recommendation for a shop to do the 4 wheel alignment on my C6 Z51 coupe. Anyone had good experience with shops in the MD or northern VA area?

Appreciate any feedback,
thanks

Gary
Old 10-22-2005, 02:01 PM
Nickedimus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

virginia spring and alignment in alexandria

koons chevrolet in tysons corner

there is also the new Moore hummer/cadillac in chantilly thats supposed to be state of the art in regards to maintaining GM cars. the place has something like 40 or 50 bays.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:40 AM
ZMEGO
Racer

Nickedimus,
Thanks for the reply. Have you had alignment work done at any of these places? Do you know what type of equipment they use?
Old 10-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Nickedimus
Instructor

yes, virginia spring i have used in the past, but not recently (last couple years).

koons was recommended by of all things another dealer. they did my 2000 camaro after a high speed bounce off of a curb. was dead on, better than factory.

i havent tried the new caddy/hummer dealer. its in chantilly off RT.50, but it is unreal how big this place is. i think they just opened the service dept.

noit sure about what if any of them use, but would be a safe bet the caddy/hummer dealer has the most current equipment.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Jimspeed
Racer

tony's corvette shop in gaithersburg MD
Old 10-25-2005, 10:05 PM
rik99
Heel & Toe

I'll second Jimspeed about Tony. Tony did my C5 to my specs. The handling and tracking is everything I expected.
-rik
Old 10-26-2005, 07:28 AM
LJD51
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Eastern NC; Retired x 2 (US Army: 70-90 AD) (US Army: 91-16 DAC); yea, I'm old.
Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

I can let you know how Koons alignment abilities are tomorrow...I have to take my C6 in for an alignment after hitting a dead deer and now I have to keep the wheel turned slightly left to go straight.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:36 AM
ZMEGO
Racer

Default Thanks for the feedback!

I will be headed to Tony's today for the alignment. They seem to have a good reputation and are fairly close by.

Tony explained they have a menu of specs to choose from (15) and can set it up to my preferrence. I think I will stick with the standard spec for now and hope it will take care of the off center steering wheel and the wandering feel the steering provides (constant corrections to maintain direction)
Old 10-28-2005, 08:05 AM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

dudley (sp) martin chevy in Manassas VA off of Business 234 did my alignment ~2 years ago for 94 bucks. Custom alignment, I gave them the specs I wanted. No problems and done RIGHT the first time!

rob
Old 10-30-2005, 02:08 PM
ZMEGO
Racer

Default Alignment complete: Much better!

Had the alignment done on Friday at Tony's. The steering wheel is now straight when the car is going straight. The steering now feels tighter and does not wander.

They use a Hunter machine to do the alignment, forgot the model number but it is the non laser one. I was allowed to watch the work being done and received an explanation about what was being changed and what affect it would have on the performance. The adjustments were done to OEM spec and I plan to evaluate this for awhile before making more aggressive changes.

The bad news? I saw too many accessories while there. Perhaps a aftermarket exhaust is on the horizon

Gary

Get notified of new replies

To 4 wheel alignment shop: in MD/VA area?

Quick Reply: 4 wheel alignment shop: in MD/VA area?