C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 auto sixty foots

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 11:01 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by CTVette05
I read an article that an auto ran 12.3 at E-town with an SLP package. Anyone with any info on that car?
Yeah that car had some real mods (and tires) on it I think. SLP would NOT be my first choice for places to get work done/mods for the C6 though LOL.

Originally Posted by shurite44
jerrymuniz there is a converter out now, I think it is a Yank. If I remember correctly it was a 3200 stall. I saw it on one of the forum vendors web sights.
Precision Industries (Vigilante) makes one now as well.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:16 PM
boogieman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Pro Yank 3600 is my Pic

Originally Posted by shurite44
Tbyrne motorsports
Just did a little research and have made a decision to go with the 3600. Perhaps the car will have this setup before the next Corvette Challenge event.

Thanks for the info guys

Read Details below for the 3600

For Nitrous and Blown applications, the Pro Yank 3600 Extreme takes the breakthrough design of the Super Yank and modifies the stall characteristics and shift extension to perfectly match the unique torque curve when using a "power adder". The Pro Yank 3600 Extreme incorporates our exclusive Posi Lock-Up kevlar clutches and 6 bolt mounting lugs to make the most of each nitrous run. Off the bottle, the Pro Yank 3600 Extreme provides similar gains to the Super Yank 3500, giving a solid performance increase on the street while maintaining outstanding drivability.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16
St. Jude donor in memory of jpee '14

Originally Posted by CTVette05
I was at the Corvette Show and Go in August. I ran 12.7's that day @ 110,111 mph. My sixty foots were 2.02,2.03. I've run at another track since then and went 1.98,1.97 but the altitude at that track is higher and it was hot. I ran 12.7 there also. I read an article that an auto ran 12.3 at E-town with an SLP package. Anyone with any info on that car?

Is your car stock? If so, wow great run. We only spoke to a few guys with stock C6s in the staging lanes most we not running great times With regard to the SLP car (long tube headers & exhaust, blackwing, 1.85 rockers, 160 thermostat and light tune) equals 12.30 run in the dead heat of summer. If you want a copy of the article shoot me a PM and I will get you a copy of the article.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:14 PM
CTVette05
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tommy D
Is your car stock? If so, wow great run. We only spoke to a few guys with stock C6s in the staging lanes most we not running great times With regard to the SLP car (long tube headers & exhaust, blackwing, 1.85 rockers, 160 thermostat and light tune) equals 12.30 run in the dead heat of summer. If you want a copy of the article shoot me a PM and I will get you a copy of the article.
Thanks. I noticed that a lot weren't running that well that day. I assumed the heat played a big factor. I have a Vortech air system, Dynatech headers with kats and X pipe, Corsa Sport Exhaust. I was running on the factory tires. I was considering the 160 stat and fan mod but wasn't really sure if that would help on the performance.

Quick Reply: C6 auto sixty foots