C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharged auto C6

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 08:43 PM
phythy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procharged auto C6

It’s been quite a journey, but I’m all most there. Just two more mods and I’ll have it. My favorite is the procharger which is the most expensive and the most fun. Now my automatic car really feels like a Corvette. With a conservative tune at 605 bhp it’s just right. MDMC also took some of the torque management out of the engine. In everyday mode between 60 to 95 mph at 1/2 to WOT the car easily down shifts then lurches forward to put you back in your seat. If I’m looking to loose some rubber, I’ll turn everything off and leave a large cloud of white smoke where the tires were. When I get a little bit closer to replacing the rears, I’ll make some mpgs.
I also have a phantom corvette flag on the hood and flames on the doors. It still retains the classy look , but I think it sets it apart. I like to watch the truck drivers take a second look as I pass by. At night as the head lights pass back is when the flames on the doors show up the best. Precision Tricks Customs in Pleasant View Tn. did the paint and I couldn’t be happier with it.
Initially, I had Corsa sports, but with the procharger it just seemed too loud for a everyday driver. Martin Workman replaced the Sports with the standard mufflers, but I kept the 3” crossover pipe. I know I lost some hp, but the car is much more pleasant to drive in traffic and still runs like a bat out of he11. When the expendable cash builds back up, I’m going to have Martin install the Corsa Touring mufflers.
Second or maybe first on the wish list is some new 6 piston brakes and rotors. I have cross drilled slotted rotors on now, but from 140 to 70 in a hurry, I’d feel better with some heavier duty brakes. Not that I do that. Well maybe once in a while.
I have some pics of the car and procharger waiting to be approved, but if you send me your e-mail I’ll be glad to send them to you.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:01 AM
c6nut
Burning Brakes

I sent you a PM with a few questions and my email. Can't wait to hear from you. Also how loud is the whine of the S/C.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:23 AM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 449 Likes on 309 Posts

Picts and more info please!!!!!
Old 09-03-2005, 08:39 AM
JFTaylor
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Love the hood & door pix. Who did your flames?

I'm saving for a ProCharger. At what point do you feel it kick in?
Old 09-04-2005, 11:19 AM
0opticZ06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by V Vette
Picts and more info please!!!!!

Here is a video of his car and here is another Procharged C6 with one of our C650 packages on it.

Stock C6 Procharged Video automatic 605 HP

C650 Procharged Video 770 HP
Old 09-04-2005, 01:40 PM
FLC6
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Where is your car located?
Old 09-04-2005, 01:45 PM
phythy
Intermediate

Default Procharged C6

I'm in Nashville and I'm going to give more information in the next thread.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:51 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Did MDMC install any type of breather system on your car to release crank case pressure? or a catch can.

Get notified of new replies

To Procharged auto C6

Quick Reply: Procharged auto C6