C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST lsx install and thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 02:52 AM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Default FAST lsx install and thoughts

The manifold was very different than I thought as far as the install went. With so many false rumors out there I thought I would tell the truths and dispell a few myths.

The firewall was a definite truth. It has to be cut and this was best done with a dremel. The outline is best drawn with a marker with the FAST in as far as it can go. When you cut all you can then you must use a jigsaw or hacksaw blade to cut the aluminum bar behind the section you remove. When you are done, you can glass the opening up or use aluminum faced dynamat which I used.

The bolts on the center valley must be changed or the manifold sits high on them and will crack when you TQ it down. Don't skip this step.

The injectors are not too tall. The injectors will fit in once you change to the o-rings for the LS1 manifold. The problem is that the fuel rail for the LS2 has different mounting bolt locations and you must use oversized washers to catch the rail. It isn't a height issue as rumored in the past.

The throttle body will sit forward of its original position. This affects how you mount the air bridge and requires some shaving to come up with the inch you need to use the stock mounting tabs on it.

The sensor wires have to be extended to fit the MAP sensor to the rear.

The bolts that come with the kit for the TB are too short. You will need bolts 1/2" inch longer.

FACT: Like rear gears, the only people that diminish the gains from this speed part are those who have not done it or gone for a ride in a car with it. This mod is a no brainer and if installed properly with no leaks it is a very good improvement. The difference is very noticeable and easily worth the cost. I got a great deal on it but if the price went up 200 bucks....I WOULD STILL BUY IT. The power gains were felt everywhere.

Get this manifold.

C6 mods to date:
Kooks 1 3/4
1.8 rockers
UD pulley
stage 2 heads 11.4:1 CR
Air cleaner
100 shot- not used yet till i get HPTUNERS software
raptor shift light
alum. fly/ ram HD clutch
Notched Pistons
Cometics
Stock exhaust
CAM: I have an XER but waiting for HPTUNERS.

I hope this helps anyone on the fence or planning on the DIY install. Feel free to PM/post here to ask anything related. While some tuners and vendors regularly monitor these threads, very few help out. To Andy from A&A, ECS, Texas Speed, LG, James from RWTD, and any I forgot, thanks for the help in threads and great deals. To those that never post helpful info when it doesn't lead to a GP sale or brag about your package's performance even when you see false facts being posted....you will never get a dollar from me.

Last edited by SpinMonster; 08-27-2005 at 03:12 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:06 AM
NeedaC6
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Not necessarily related to your post, but how does the headers with the stock exhaust sound? Do you feel the stock exhaust is a restriction with your current list of mods?

Any info would be appreciated
Old 08-27-2005, 10:41 AM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Louder on revs, different tone-deeper; very quiet exhaust.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:55 AM
WS6JJP
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

any before and after numbers? dyno graphs? This is very nice piece from what ive seen but i just dont like the fitment issues, ya know....i wish they made a direct fit piece. I know they were talking about making one but its a ways out still.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:15 PM
VetteNo2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the information! Based on your experience, I plan to get one of these, too.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:39 PM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Once you complete all nec. work, it looks right at home and dresses it all up. It looks great. You cant see the rear cut on the firewall which looks good anyway and the front air cleaner plumbing is minor and still looks stock.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Turbo-12R
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Pictures?
Old 08-27-2005, 07:54 PM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

I would like to see pics too. The only thing that would concern me is having to cut into the firewall. Not like you can undo that. Is there something about the manifold that just won't allow a re-design from the manufacturer to prevent having to do the cutting?
Old 08-27-2005, 07:58 PM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

I will take a few pics if someone can host/post them.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:00 PM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

I'll pm you my email. Send them to me and I will host them for you.

Get notified of new replies

To FAST lsx install and thoughts

Quick Reply: FAST lsx install and thoughts