C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the LOUDEST exhaust POSSIBLE!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 11:59 PM
smdio
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default the LOUDEST exhaust POSSIBLE!?!

okay guys. im 21 years old, and i just purchased a black c6. i love everything about it, except for 2 things. i dont like the factory high polished wheels (just upgraded to a set of chrome), and i REALLY hate the sound of the exhaust. for a brand new vette, coming out of the factory with just about everything you can dream of, the exhaust sounds like complete and utter crap. i've been a Saleen Mustang owner since i was 16. i've owned 3 of them to date, and i love love love the sound that they used to make. that deep rumble that really turns heads when you rev the engine. so far, ive seen about 30 different dicussions on Borla Stingers, Corsa Sports, Magnaflows, and what not.

now take into consideration: im very very new to the corvette field. i've loved mustangs my entire life, but the new c6 has really turned my head. i want something loud. plain and simple. i dont care if i cant hear myself think while driving. i want the loudest exhaust system out there, regardless of the price. i went to Corsa's web site, where they compared the Corsa Sport system to the Corsa Touring system. now i've read everyone ranting and raving about how great the Corsa Sport system is, but why is it that i think the Corsa Touring system sounds a hell of a lot better than the Sport? what comparison in sound does Borla have to Corsa? is Borla deeper? bcuz in my opinion, Corsa doesnt sound deep enough for me at all.

please someone help me! i really want a new exhaust, but before i waste my money, i want the best and loudest exhaust out there. thanks for your help!
Old 04-05-2005, 12:12 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,277 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Let us know what you finally get and if it suits you AND if you keep the car 5 years or more, I'll give you my hearing aids. You'll need them. It only took me 4 years of working in a bowling lane to need them.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:13 AM
icedancer
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Borla Sport

Proper vendor description......

Borla Stainless Steel Cat-Back™ System Aggressive Part # 140128, and
Borla X Pipe Part # 60089

Last edited by icedancer; 04-05-2005 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:13 AM
lemansbc6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default loud exhaust

if you want loudest exhuast you can get i would suggest going with the B&B exhaust. i havent heard it on a c6 in person but word is they are the loudest. I have some borla stingers on order now...and just waiting for them. they are on backorder and the waiting is killing me. ive drove a c5 with the stingers and IMO they have a really nice muscle car tone to them. Resonance wasnt really an issue. They sounded Bad at WOT.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:30 AM
elmagoo
Racer

That's the same that I've heard as well. The B&B bullets are supposed to be hella loud. At the last corvette gathering here in SoCal a bunch of the guys have a good combination of exhausts. The Borla Stingers, Corsa, and the Magnaflows were all present. They all sound great, it just depends upon what you're looking for. But several people there agreed that the B&B Bullets were just too loud for them. Hence they sound right up your alley .
Old 04-05-2005, 12:41 AM
LS6v
Racer

Long tube headers and nothing else.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:18 AM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

Yep, get the LG headers with the test pipes and have a custom piece made for where the mufflers used to be and you will be in car alarm set off heaven.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:55 AM
OWENMUSTANG
Racer

Originally Posted by LS6v
Long tube headers and nothing else.

I was thinking the same thing!
Old 04-05-2005, 09:46 AM
JFTaylor
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06
Default My Cut

If you want loud get BB Bullets or Random Technologies both with an “X” pipe. One member put Bullets on then removed them because they were too loud, replaced with Corsa Sports. Magna Flows, BB Rt 66, Corsa Touring all reported as Deep Muscle Car sounding. Anyone who has GHLs claim they are the best. Have heard Bassani (sp?) as well. All that said I bought Borla Stingers. Like the deep loud sound but I plan on adding LG Long-tube Headers which are made by Borla.

I went round and round on this for 4 mos. Sound bytes are virtually worthless because there are so many variables, background noise, sound recording equ, mike, storage device, speakers etc. Best thing to do would be go to the Cruise-In in May and hear them all. Just keep in mind that when a person makes a decision to plunk down a Grand on pipes, he’ll claim they are great. HEAR them for yourself.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:48 AM
JFTaylor
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06
Default One More Thing

If you really want loud, install an exhaust cut-out with remote actuator
Old 04-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Zig
Safety Car

Location: stafford country, va. Avatar: Me on turn 3 @ Bristol (The World's Fastest Half-Mile)
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the B&B bullets with X-pipe lets folks know your are there. Even has the nice deep bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh when slowing. My girlfriend says it's popping popcorn but it's much deeper than that more like a NASCAR pop pop pop.

the bullets are basically straight pipes with a bit of padding around the pipe at the bend over the axle.

i think they actually get quieter at WOT or above 80 than when you are just trolling around town. once the flow gets moving they become real quiet, well at least in the cabin.

b&b has some sound clips on their site, just take them with a grain of salt, but you can compare the clips from the others manufacturers and see how they compare.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:15 AM
smdio
Burning Brakes

very helpful so far. what im noticing though, is that everyone has a different opinion about how an exhaust should sound. some like it really loud, and some want it to be heard, but not loud enough where it becomes annoying.

i think this will be a hard decision for me. without actually hearing all of the exhaust for myself on c6's, i doubt im going to be able to make a proper choice with just listening to all of them in person. yeah, manufacturers have sound clips on their websites, but lots of factors (as someone said) go into that. without hearing it in person, it will be a shot in the dark.

so far, from what you guys have said, Corsa Touring system, the Borla Stingers, and the B&B rt 66 are the best choices if i want a LOUD and DEEP rumble, not caring about my eardrums.

if anyone can find me some sound bites of the Stingers and the B&B's that would be great! i already have the Corsa Touring bits. thanks again!
Old 04-05-2005, 11:01 AM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

The RTE66 is the quiet option from B&B, its the bullets that scream.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:09 PM
lager99
Team Owner

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

B&B Bullets.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:02 PM
Geneus
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by lager99
B&B Bullets.

Old 04-05-2005, 04:34 PM
BigBlue
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

B&B bullets, off road x-pipe, and long tube headers.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:39 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Why not save a ton of cash, and just remove the stock mufflers totally, and weld in a stainless pipe which connects to the stock exhaust tips, done neatly as far as looks it would be ok, I am sure that would be loud enough for any one......

Get notified of new replies

To the LOUDEST exhaust POSSIBLE!?!

Old 04-05-2005, 04:46 PM
ALLBlackC6
Racer

If your gonna spend the money on the best, than get the best performing exhaust, it doesn't matter how loud it is if your losing.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:51 PM
elmagoo
Racer

Originally Posted by KLO
Why not save a ton of cash, and just remove the stock mufflers totally, and weld in a stainless pipe which connects to the stock exhaust tips, done neatly as far as looks it would be ok, I am sure that would be loud enough for any one......
Just a guess, but wouldn't that actually lose performance as you're no longer getting the benefits of a tuned exhaust?
Old 04-05-2005, 05:09 PM
ALLBlackC6
Racer

Part of the reason for an exhaust on any car is for back-pressure, which I think removing the exhaust and putting pipes on would kill performance and sound like garbage, like I said, there's no good-sounding car thats losing.

Quick Reply: the LOUDEST exhaust POSSIBLE!?!