C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the LOUDEST exhaust POSSIBLE!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Corvette400400
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall, torque is how much of the wall you take with you Jacksonville, Florida
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

No question here, B&B bullets is the loudest exhaust you can get for the C6 while still having your cats in place. I have the X-pipe also and that helps with interior resonance and reduces the popping on deceleration. But i guarantee you, nothing says "get the hell out of my way or I will eat you" better than the B&B Bullets!

Last edited by Corvette400400; 04-05-2005 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:37 PM
GGWOODY
Melting Slicks

Location: Buena Park, CA I seem to have left my electrolytes with your daughter

Just get rid of the pipes at the headers!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 08:38 PM
AveryOBX
Advanced

Another vote for B&B Bullets. LOVE mine!
Old 04-06-2005, 09:49 PM
PrecisionC6
Racer

Originally Posted by Zig
the B&B bullets with X-pipe lets folks know your are there. Even has the nice deep bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh when slowing. My girlfriend says it's popping popcorn but it's much deeper than that more like a NASCAR pop pop pop.

the bullets are basically straight pipes with a bit of padding around the pipe at the bend over the axle.

i think they actually get quieter at WOT or above 80 than when you are just trolling around town. once the flow gets moving they become real quiet, well at least in the cabin.

b&b has some sound clips on their site, just take them with a grain of salt, but you can compare the clips from the others manufacturers and see how they compare.
NASCAR pop pop pop
Everytime I get on an exit ramp, and let off, my girlfriend comments, "like going into the pits"
Old 04-07-2005, 03:51 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Default What? What?

Originally Posted by smdio
okay guys. im 21 years old, and i just purchased a black c6. i love everything about it, except for 2 things. i dont like the factory high polished wheels (just upgraded to a set of chrome), and i REALLY hate the sound of the exhaust. for a brand new vette, coming out of the factory with just about everything you can dream of, the exhaust sounds like complete and utter crap. i've been a Saleen Mustang owner since i was 16. i've owned 3 of them to date, and i love love love the sound that they used to make. that deep rumble that really turns heads when you rev the engine. so far, ive seen about 30 different dicussions on Borla Stingers, Corsa Sports, Magnaflows, and what not.

now take into consideration: im very very new to the corvette field. i've loved mustangs my entire life, but the new c6 has really turned my head. i want something loud. plain and simple. i dont care if i cant hear myself think while driving. i want the loudest exhaust system out there, regardless of the price. i went to Corsa's web site, where they compared the Corsa Sport system to the Corsa Touring system. now i've read everyone ranting and raving about how great the Corsa Sport system is, but why is it that i think the Corsa Touring system sounds a hell of a lot better than the Sport? what comparison in sound does Borla have to Corsa? is Borla deeper? bcuz in my opinion, Corsa doesnt sound deep enough for me at all.

please someone help me! i really want a new exhaust, but before i waste my money, i want the best and loudest exhaust out there. thanks for your help!
I can't hear you What? I must have become deaf from all of that noise
Old 04-07-2005, 04:14 PM
denali
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

I think you will be very HAPPY with the B&B Bullets. I have them on my C5 and love the sound.

Pst: I'm more way more than twice your age you young "whipper snapper" and I still enjoy the sound.

Last edited by denali; 04-07-2005 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:33 PM
SJTrance
Pro

I would also have to say that the Bullets are quite loud. But if you want the MOST noise, you're really going to want to do the electric cutouts as sated earlier. I have a friend who has a cutout coming out even before the headers. The car is so insane loud I can't hear myself think. Really, the first time I drove in his car, my teeth hurt! LOL. But he also had a great cam with a heavy lope. That just made things so much better.

disclaimer...he had to change that out recently because he got pulled over for excessive noise and got ticketed for running without cats. So, you will be taking some risks with loud exhausts. Well, you're 21 and you need to live in the glory of having a crazy loud sports car...I can respect that.

Headers alone won't give you the sound you need. I have FLP Long tube headers, X pipe and high flow cats with the Z06 Titanium exhaust. It's a little louder, but not what you're looking for. But if you're looking for a tested and true system, you're going to want to do a straight through design system along with your choice (LG seems to be the best) long tube headers, straight through cats, and x pipe.

See this picture where the B&B Bullets really dont have a big muffler to reduce backpressure. Also notice how the LG Headers and kit will really help the flow of the exhaust gases. Add a cam for real muscle car sounds and you'll have a beast on your hands. Do it this way and you'll have massive power along with the sound. Now, I'm not sure of the availability of these products for the C6, but they should be available...if not, they will be soon.

B&B Bullets

LG LT Headers

edited for picture resizing

Last edited by SJTrance; 04-07-2005 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:12 PM
zohhhsix
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

When I was picking an exhaust, I went to my local gatherings and saw some in person, and that helped big time. I would sugest you do the same. Meet up with some people and see what they have and then decide.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:17 AM
Zig
Safety Car

Location: stafford country, va. Avatar: Me on turn 3 @ Bristol (The World's Fastest Half-Mile)
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SJTrance
I would also have to say that the Bullets are quite loud. ...

See this picture where the B&B Bullets really dont have a big muffler to reduce backpressure.

B&B Bullets
that pic of the bullets is not the correct one for the c6. the c6 bullets look like this.

and as you state there is very little muffler on these, scavenging is improved.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:21 AM
smdio
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks a lot guys. its looking like im going to go with teh B&B Bullets exhaust, along with the X-pipe, and most likely either the LG headers or the kooks system. not sure on the headers yet, but im 100% going for the Bullets after reading all the replies here. sounds pretty much like what im looking for.

thanks again!
Old 04-08-2005, 10:52 AM
cadams05
Advanced

Default Dynatech Long Tubes

Go with dynatech long tubes. I've got a friend that just installed them on his C6 and it sounds awesome.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:06 PM
drfeelgood
Instructor

Default Need more info on Dynatech

Now that it seems that people are putting these on their C6's we need some feedback re: ease of installation, dyno numbers, etc. The Dynatech system looks great but there have been concerns re: their choice to go with 1 7/8 primaries. None of this will be resolved until we get some numbers. As of right now, only the Kooks have a C6 track record with independent dyno tests and almost universal kudos to their quality. I'm also curious about the Stainless Works system, as they have an all-stainless header/cat/X-pipe system for a reasonable price, but again, no independent reports or dyno numbers. As a side note, go with the Bullets, they kick a**.
John
Old 04-08-2005, 12:15 PM
cadams05
Advanced

Default Rubbish

This kid's after sound.............He doesn't care about dyno speculation, the man wants a good loud SOUND. Dynatech SOUNDS great.........
Old 04-08-2005, 03:21 PM
SJTrance
Pro

Yeah, he's got the right idea. Try the B&B and X pipe; if that doesn't do it for you, do the headers. Just remember that the real power increase is in the headers. Man, I really noticed a big difference in power both in the seat of the pants and at the track.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:04 PM
StevieK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by smdio
okay guys. im 21 years old, and i just purchased a black c6. i love everything about it, except for 2 things. i dont like the factory high polished wheels (just upgraded to a set of chrome), and i REALLY hate the sound of the exhaust. for a brand new vette, coming out of the factory with just about everything you can dream of, the exhaust sounds like complete and utter crap.

I respectfully have to disagree with you about the stock exhaust as it really doesn't sound that bad at all, but if you really don't like the sound go to one of the exhaust systems that was recommended above. Getting the "loudest" exhaust you can find will not impress the public by any means. How many people like to pull up next to some person who has 1000 watt subwoofers cranking away in their car and that would be the same type of thing with your vette if you had real loud mufflers.

If you want loud, get these but save it for the track.

http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.m...ory_Code=VTEXH
Old 04-08-2005, 06:01 PM
smdio
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cadams05
This kid's after sound.............He doesn't care about dyno speculation, the man wants a good loud SOUND. Dynatech SOUNDS great.........
well thats not true either. yes, i want the car to sound better than it does right now, but im also looking to make the car more powerful when it comes down to racing someone 1-on-1 at the track. as i said before, i've been a mustang enthusiast for the past 5 years, so im a bit new to the corvette field.

i want something that sounds good, but at the same time makes the car faster and more powerful, pushing the HP and TQ numbers higher as well. so far im thinking B&B Bullets, x-pipe, and im undecided on headers atm. ill most likely order the exhaust system this weekend, and wait a couple weeks on the headers, as im totally undecided on them still.

i've heard nothing but good things on the kooks system, but also dynatech's come into the mix as well.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:35 PM
cadams05
Advanced

Default SuperMAXX

Keep in mind that the Dynatech SuperMAXX gives you the "cats" and "x-pipe". The system is awesome, bolt on. Fits great, couldn't be better engineered. Scott (the friend I mentioned couldn't be happier with the Dynatech set )

Make sure that you take a good hard look at Dynatech SuperMAXX before purchasing. Sound is fabulous and you're looking at about 35 HP right out of the box. Apparently he got a great deal on these at www.dynatech-headers.com, something like $1500 total.

Looking around out there, Dynatech is doing it right with this SuperMAXX system of theirs.

Get notified of new replies

To the LOUDEST exhaust POSSIBLE!?!

Old 04-08-2005, 06:44 PM
smdio
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cadams05
Keep in mind that the Dynatech SuperMAXX gives you the "cats" and "x-pipe". The system is awesome, bolt on. Fits great, couldn't be better engineered. Scott (the friend I mentioned couldn't be happier with the Dynatech set )

Make sure that you take a good hard look at Dynatech SuperMAXX before purchasing. Sound is fabulous and you're looking at about 35 HP right out of the box. Apparently he got a great deal on these at www.dynatech-headers.com, something like $1500 total.

Looking around out there, Dynatech is doing it right with this SuperMAXX system of theirs.
you said that they give you both the x-pipe and the cats? it doesnt show that on the site. if thats the case, it sounds like a hell of a deal.

Last edited by smdio; 04-08-2005 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:33 PM
wwashing
Le Mans Master

No matter what you do the Corvette's engine will never sound as good as the Mustang's because of the firing order.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:52 AM
smdio
Burning Brakes

but i can get it VERY close

Quick Reply: the LOUDEST exhaust POSSIBLE!?!