C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG Motorsports Long Tubes on C6: Any Results???

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 09:16 AM
1955 BelAir
Eccentric Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Default LG Motorsports Long Tubes on C6: Any Results???

I would like to know anyones experiance with this system on the C6.

Install, Gains etc.

I have Corsa Sports now and would keep if they work well with this setup.

Any info will be appreciated
Old 03-03-2005, 01:34 PM
0Bobby @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the graph of Lou's C6 with the LG Pro Long Tubes Headers only.

Old 03-07-2005, 03:12 PM
OWENMUSTANG
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats impressive for no tuning!
Old 03-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Hampi
Racer

Especially the torque gain is awesome
Old 03-07-2005, 08:57 PM
jchazr
Racer

How come more people don't use this? It seems to me that they've gotten more gains than the kooks headers!
Old 03-07-2005, 10:13 PM
JFTaylor
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by G2Bobby
Here is the graph of Lou's C6 with the LG Pro Long Tubes Headers only.
I presume run #1 was the before the install. Correct? If so great Numbers.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:23 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

That test was with 50 miles on car and no repeatability testing was done, to me very suspect.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:37 AM
JFTaylor
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by jimman
That test was with 50 miles on car and no repeatability testing was done, to me very suspect.
He may have gained a little as the rings seated but the #s are what stock C6s are running. Dynoed mine this past weekend. @7,100 mi 336HP & 339 TQ. It was cold and wet/rainy. Did get some wheel slippage on the first attempt. I agree is it somewhat suspect but not out of line.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:43 AM
1955 BelAir
Eccentric Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09

When I get mine installed I will post the dyno results three ways:

Stock with Corsa Sports

Longtubes / pipes / Corsa's un-tuned

Tuned

I still have about a three week wait to recieve them (Borla's building them as fast as they can) and in that time LS2 EDIT will also be out. RevXtream (forum tuner in Tampa) will do the dyno and tuning for me.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:16 AM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JFTaylor
He may have gained a little as the rings seated but the #s are what stock C6s are running. Dynoed mine this past weekend. @7,100 mi 336HP & 339 TQ. It was cold and wet/rainy. Did get some wheel slippage on the first attempt. I agree is it somewhat suspect but not out of line.
I was just suspect with a 40 ftlb increase of which I haven't seen by anyone since. No one in this business seems to understand repeatability testing. Removing and doing all over again to insure that it isn't a fluke of equipment or tuning fubar.

Last edited by jimman; 03-08-2005 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:21 AM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I was just suspect with a 40 ftlb increase of which I haven't seen by anyone since. No one in this business seems to understand repeatability testing. Removing and doing all over again to insure that it isn't a fluke of equipment or tuning fubar.
Yeah, LGM hasn't installed many sets of this same longtube header on C5s and routinely come up with well into the 30ft/lb of torque increase...Everything for you is suspect in this forum. Leave yours stock, you will never find the product you are looking for

Todd
Old 03-08-2005, 10:31 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

I love Lou's headers, but if I'm not mistaken the chart above was with NO Catalytic converters. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Lou's headers, as well as Wheel-to-wheels, and the only true long tube headers on the market. The Kooks and TPIS headers are mid-length headers, and don't give you the mid-range that the longer primaries offer.

LG's headers are approx 12" longer before the primaries, and this design was originally done by GM racing and Wheel-to-wheel for the ASA and World Challenge race cars.

Dave
Old 03-08-2005, 11:02 AM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by WhiteDiamond
Yeah, LGM hasn't installed many sets of this same longtube header on C5s and routinely come up with well into the 30ft/lb of torque increase...Everything for you is suspect in this forum. Leave yours stock, you will never find the product you are looking for

Todd
Do the testing properly and I haven't have a problem. Incomplete and improper testing of a product a couple of years ago cost me 11 grand. It not only happened to me but several others, one also being from Texas. The so called experts never stood up and made it right. For example do you know how much effort was done on the aero package for the C6. 420 hours in a wind chamber with a group of aero Engineers, thats what I'm talking about.

Last edited by jimman; 03-09-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:14 PM
SteveL2
Team Owner

Received 209 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
I love Lou's headers, but if I'm not mistaken the chart above was with NO Catalytic converters.
With the greater reduction of the C6 in emissions, then maybe it is possible to gain that kind of power by removing the cats? But, that's a take your own risk proposition.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:59 PM
JFTaylor
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06
Default Sweet

Originally Posted by SteveL2
With the greater reduction of the C6 in emissions, then maybe it is possible to gain that kind of power by removing the cats? But, that's a take your own risk proposition.
SteveL2 that is one sweet car. More Pix?
Old 03-09-2005, 07:30 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Do the testing properly and I haven't have a problem. Incomplete and improper testing of a product a couple of years ago cost me 11 grand. It not only happened to me but several others, one also being from Texas. The so called experts never stood up and made it right. For example do you know how much effort was done on the arrow package for the C6. 420 hours in a wind chamber with a group of areo Engineers, thats what I'm talking about.

You again?

BTW - If your going to present yourself as some sort of expert on engineering or testing, at least learn to spell aero as in aerodynamics.

Mike Frey
BSAE
10500 Flying hours
Sim Instructor DC10 and B727
(just to let you know I DO have an engineering background)
Old 03-09-2005, 11:02 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
You again?

BTW - If your going to present yourself as some sort of expert on engineering or testing, at least learn to spell aero as in aerodynamics.

Mike Frey
BSAE
10500 Flying hours
Sim Instructor DC10 and B727
(just to let you know I DO have an engineering background)
Thanks for the spell check and typing analysis, being a secretary has not been my forte in life. If you have a problem with someone pushing back on some of the vendors that sell to us that’s your choice. My company can’t get away with false claims and I don’t like it when others do. I’ve had a bad experience and that still burns me but what really tics me off is when it happened to a friend of mine many years ago. To this day he can’t get through an airline security check without one hell of a lot of hassle do to half of him being made of metal and he was the lucky one. This all as a result of falling victim to an aftermarket expert and a suspension system that didn’t work as promised. As far as him being the lucky one, those in the car he hit, two of which didn’t make it.

As far as my expertise:
Professor of Engineering on the adjunct faculty for Seven Colleges
PHD in Solid State Physics.
48 years in the Electronic Engineering field
Head up the Application and Reliability Engineering Division of a 10 Billion-Dollar Company
Holder of a Patent in Thermal Dynamics, 1998

Get notified of new replies

To LG Motorsports Long Tubes on C6: Any Results???

Old 03-09-2005, 11:36 PM
yellow1
Instructor

Default Borla Stingers and LG Long Tube Headers

Some feed back from LG - I've got the Borla Stingers with the X-pipe when I asked about adding their Borla long tube headers:

this is ###### with LGM. The cost of the new system with cats will probably be 1895. The Borla X-pipe on your car will not work with our system. We could modify your cat-back to work. I not sure what that would cost if it costs anything. We are getting our first test fit system some time early next month. I put you on the contact list so you will know as soon as we have them. Thanks

Being first is sometimes costly.......
Old 03-10-2005, 02:36 AM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Thanks for the spell check and typing analysis, being a secretary has not been my forte in life. If you have a problem with someone pushing back on some of the vendors that sell to us that’s your choice.
Well, areo I could overlook as a typo, but I spent several minutes pondering over the "arrow" package. And I understand you got burned. But why does it seem like you only show up on LGM posts. Was Lou one of the vendors you feel burned you? LGM has hundreds, if not thousands of satisfied cutomers, myself included, yet you keep asking him to act like Consumer Reports or Underwriters Laboratory whenever someone says they got good results from his headers.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:22 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

One of the problems I have personally witnessed many times with C5's is that the PCM will temporarily go lean after you install an intake or exhaust. So doing a before and after test without at least driving the car for 50 to 75 miles will show some impressive gains. But re-test after the PCM has had a chance to "lean" and adjust itself and a lot of the gain will be gone.

I saw a 20 RWHP gain with just the install of a BlackWing. Then a few months later my buddy went back to the same dyno to see what his newly installed Corsa Indy's (he has about 200 miles on the install) did and he was surprised to see NO GAIN. We suspect the 20 RWHP gain from switching the intakes while the car sat on the dyno was reduces to 10 or so and the Indy's added some back hence the zero gain.

If I had the $$ and time that's how I would show before and after numbers (absent LS1Edit tuning) else you will get "false positives".

And it's true many times vendors show their before/after numbers w/o the cats on the after. They say so but after a while all that is left are dyno sheets that don't tell the whole story. Not claiming there is anything suspecious going on, just a fact on forums like this. Dyno sheets (unless clearly marked) may be misinterpreted at a later date.

Tom

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports Long Tubes on C6: Any Results???