C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lingenfelter 500HP head & cam package

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Ed@Lingenfelter
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lingenfelter 500HP head & cam package

Hello members, I just wanted to let everyone know about our new head & cam package for C6 Corvette with the LS2 engine.

We just pulled on off of the engine dyno today that made 500HP/440FTLBS through factory manifolds and cats!!!!!

You can see full details of the package here:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/pac366cidls2y.asp

These packages are available for immedieate scheduling, in fact we have several cars in the shop getting them installed right now!

I have an engine dyno graph available for anyone that wants it, and we will have chassis dyno numbers very soon!!

Feel free to let me know if I can answer any questions,
Ed
Old 02-04-2005, 08:19 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Nice numbers through factory exhaust manifolds!! We have seen several posts where the C6 picks up nice numbes with headers. Do you have a header option for this package? What is the cost and what are the numbers, if you have them?

Todd
Old 02-04-2005, 08:57 PM
FLC6
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Ed,

This is what it says on your site for this package.

"Engine testing & expert ECM tuning"

It also says somthing about tuning the Auto's tranny.

How can this be if the LS2 Edit is not out yet? Did you crack the Auto PCM too?
Old 02-04-2005, 09:05 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 594 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

Nice
I might look into doing this when i get my car in april
On a ocupe with that you would end up with 500 hp for the price of a vert
Old 02-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Graham Behan
Instructor

FYI,
All testing on the engine dyno has been completed using the factory E40 ecm and a modified factory LS2 harness. The numbers are with Stock exhaust manifolds, with factory catalysts in the production locations. The cam provides a near stock idle quality with no missfire issues, we are running the stock diagnostics wrt missfire. We will test with both short headers, retaining the stock cats and locations, as well as long tubes, on Monday/Tuesday of next week. Our primary objective with this package was to achieve 500 Hp, without compromising emission performance or stock driveability/refinement. I am sure Ed will keep the forum members up to speed with our future results. BTW we do not use LS1/2 Edit in our programming of engine or trans controllers.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:50 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed@Lingenfelter
Hello members, I just wanted to let everyone know about our new head & cam package for C6 Corvette with the LS2 engine.

We just pulled on off of the engine dyno today that made 500HP/440FTLBS through factory manifolds and cats!!!!!

You can see full details of the package here:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/pac366cidls2y.asp

These packages are available for immedieate scheduling, in fact we have several cars in the shop getting them installed right now!

I have an engine dyno graph available for anyone that wants it, and we will have chassis dyno numbers very soon!!

Ed
Would love to see the Engine dyno vs chassis dyno numbers to put the drivetrain loss numbers to bed once and for all.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:19 PM
natejohn
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jimman
Would love to see the Engine dyno vs chassis dyno numbers to put the drivetrain loss numbers to bed once and for all.
Yes, that would be interesting; however, it seems that everybody (well, manufacturers) give out the best data they can ie: Engine dyno numbers.

My question, being from California, is what "components" that are used could be "detected" as being non-smog compliance in California?

It looks as if there is actually nothing readibly obvious that would alert California "smoggers" to the added performance....?
If the emmisions could be kept in line this "modification" is a dream!
Sheesh....100hp gain AND roadability + a warranty for $7,000.00 seems like a good deal.

I would also like to know what "mods" could/should be done to A4s for street and track, NOT draggin'?
Old 02-05-2005, 03:32 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

we just pulled on off of the engine dyno today that made 500HP/440FTLBS through factory manifolds and cats!!!!!Ed
Just to be clear is this 500HP/440FTLBS at the REAR wheels or at the crank since you had the engine out of the car?

Tom
Old 02-05-2005, 07:43 PM
drmotorhead
Instructor

from Ed's post "I have an engine dyno graph available for anyone that wants it, and we will have chassis dyno numbers very soon!!"
Old 02-06-2005, 02:35 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by FLC6
Ed,

This is what it says on your site for this package.

"Engine testing & expert ECM tuning"

It also says somthing about tuning the Auto's tranny.

How can this be if the LS2 Edit is not out yet? Did you crack the Auto PCM too?
Do I really have to go and look up my post stating LPE could tune the LS2 from a couple of months ago? No, no, - you're right - they can't tune it...............cause LS2 edit isn't out.

Congrats to LPE on a very nice package. That kind of horsepower and torque with stock header-cats in place is amazing. With long-tubes, you should see a very nice bump in the power! Good luck!
Old 02-06-2005, 03:03 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
Just to be clear is this 500HP/440FTLBS at the REAR wheels or at the crank since you had the engine out of the car?
I'm going to assume that these were indeed crank ratings only based on this statement:
Old 02-06-2005, 12:58 PM
DirtyVegasC5
Heel & Toe

Those are nice HP numbers! However, only 40 up on torque at the crank? Wasn't there a post of a kit here that was putting over 440 TQ to the wheels with head and cam?

http://www.cartek.net/images/CartekC6476.jpg

Or is that because using stock manifolds and no ecu tunning?
Old 02-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Ed@Lingenfelter
Drifting

These are indeed crank HP numbers, with factory manifolds and catalytic converters in place. We are doing header testing this week, so we sould have some follow up engine dyno numbers before we install it back in the car.

Natejohn, as far as a visual inspection, there would be absolutely nothing to distinguish performance work had been done, although we probably will use a cat back exhaust system. The factory manifold & cat system will definitely make your inspector smile!! Once we get the engine installed back in the car, and finalize the setup, I'll post some RWHP numbers so everyone can see the difference for themselves.

DirtyVegas, I'm not sure what the Cartek car has for exhaust, but a full length header, with no cats, or high flow units would make a similar improvement.

FLC6, If it says it on the website, it must be true

Ed
Old 02-07-2005, 08:51 AM
AP
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These are indeed crank HP numbers, with factory manifolds and catalytic converters in place. We are doing header testing this week, so we sould have some follow up engine dyno numbers before we install it back in the car.

Natejohn, as far as a visual inspection, there would be absolutely nothing to distinguish performance work had been done, although we probably will use a cat back exhaust system. The factory manifold & cat system will definitely make your inspector smile!! Once we get the engine installed back in the car, and finalize the setup, I'll post some RWHP numbers so everyone can see the difference for themselves.

DirtyVegas, I'm not sure what the Cartek car has for exhaust, but a full length header, with no cats, or high flow units would make a similar improvement.

FLC6, If it says it on the website, it must be true

Ed
How do you guy's tune the cars without a program like LS2 Edit?
Old 02-07-2005, 09:24 AM
Ed@Lingenfelter
Drifting

Originally Posted by AP
How do you guy's tune the cars without a program like LS2 Edit?
We don't use aftermarket software to develop our calibrations, everything is done in house by our own engineers. LS1/LS2 edit is a great tool, but we're not dependant on it, especially with new models.

Ed
Old 02-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Zig
Safety Car

Location: stafford country, va. Avatar: Me on turn 3 @ Bristol (The World's Fastest Half-Mile)
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We don't use aftermarket software to develop our calibrations, everything is done in house by our own engineers. LS1/LS2 edit is a great tool, but we're not dependant on it, especially with new models.

Ed
how much leeway is built into the stock program ? what mods. will release the most bang for the buck without reprogramming ?

-zig
Old 02-07-2005, 10:24 AM
AP
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ed
Thats cool ... I guess you guy's have some tight connections at GM ... just like Mallett since they dont use LS2 Edit type of product either ...

On a side note ... have any of the LPE Commerative C6's been built ... just looking for pics of a real car not Photoshops ...

Get notified of new replies

To Lingenfelter 500HP head & cam package

Old 02-07-2005, 01:37 PM
Ed@Lingenfelter
Drifting

I don't think GM hands out much help with things like programming, shops pretty much have to figure it out, or use something like LS1 EDIT.

The commemerative cars are scheduled to start production April 1st, so we don't have photos of finished cars yet, but keep an eye on our website, we will post them there as soon as available.

Ed
Old 02-07-2005, 04:38 PM
vettewntd
Instructor

Ed,

How does the 2 year \ 24k mile warranty work if something goes wrong? Does a person have to ship the car back to Indiana? How does something that is covered under your warranty get repaired? Is there some type of document that outlines exactly what is and is not covered?

Thanks
Old 02-07-2005, 04:50 PM
holeshotzo601
Heel & Toe

Default I have my Compute Program Coming this week

I got Ron Zimmers Phone # from a member and I talked to Ron and He is done with the C/6 Program. Cost with a replacment Core (ECM) is $795.00. Seems this is a great deal. Besides no one else has it done yet. Ill be the frist in Arizona and the U.S.A.

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter 500HP head & cam package