C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Diabo question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2022, 05:29 PM
JackDidley
Race Director

Received 232 Likes on 164 Posts

Default Another Diabo question.

I have the i3, 8245. 2006 completely stock LS2 with 82,000 miles. Very happy with the ecm tuner. On the tcm, I have a question. It shifts fine with the stock tune. It shifts exactly the same with the firm and hard tunes. Like the pressure is not increased. It will change shift points but I expected more from the hard shift + 20% tune. Is it a tuner problem or do I have a trans problem? For the record, it ran 12.80s Saturday in 90° weather and I think that is pretty good for a stock LS2 with 2.56 gears.
Old 05-22-2022, 06:40 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 374 Likes on 310 Posts

Is there a setting for torque management? In Hp tuner I reduced that, also there is a pressure setting and force control. Changing it to downshift sooner at part throttle is also a very nice mod.

Nice drag time! The one run I made I got 13.2 with traction control on /face palm /face palm /face palm
Old 05-22-2022, 07:12 PM
JackDidley
Race Director

Originally Posted by Aardwolf
Is there a setting for torque management? In Hp tuner I reduced that, also there is a pressure setting and force control. Changing it to downshift sooner at part throttle is also a very nice mod.

Nice drag time! The one run I made I got 13.2 with traction control on /face palm /face palm /face palm

Diablo does not have the option to change TM.. I can get that done with a custom tune by Lew, I think. I did max out the shift pressure. I went to the track a few weeks ago and i was brain dead that day. Left TC on every pass and ets were all over the place. I can live with the car as is but would like to tighten up the shifts a bit. I really need to run 13.0000 three times in a row at LS Fest.
Old 05-22-2022, 10:47 PM
208vette
Racer

Received 119 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by JackDidley
Diablo does not have the option to change TM.. I can get that done with a custom tune by Lew, I think. I did max out the shift pressure. I went to the track a few weeks ago and i was brain dead that day. Left TC on every pass and ets were all over the place. I can live with the car as is but would like to tighten up the shifts a bit. I really need to run 13.0000 three times in a row at LS Fest.
I do have the option to turn off TM with the i3 8245 on my '12 with just the basic settings. I wonder if not available for yours because its a few years older and only available with a custom tune. I guess you could go back to the stock settings and see if you feel any difference there. BTW, I went to LSFest in Las Vegas. It was an absolute blast!
Old 05-22-2022, 11:00 PM
JackDidley
Race Director

Originally Posted by 208vette
I do have the option to turn off TM with the i3 8245 on my '12 with just the basic settings. I wonder if not available for yours because its a few years older and only available with a custom tune. I guess you could go back to the stock settings and see if you feel any difference there. BTW, I went to LSFest in Las Vegas. It was an absolute blast!

I will look again for the TM option but I dont think it is there. Ive been to LS fest in Bowling Green, the last 3 years but this will be the first year with a LS powered car.
Old 05-24-2022, 10:29 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 146 Likes on 110 Posts

I will look again for the TM option but I dont think it is there. Ive been to LS fest in Bowling Green, the last 3 years but this will be the first year with a LS powered car.
Much of the TM is reduced or disabled in the provided tunes, but there should be a switch for the upshift abuse mode to be disabled I would expect.

Either way, load the hard shift tune then email me the last tune written from the i3 for the tcm and I'll take a look. sometimes the limits need to be raised a little more
Old 05-24-2022, 10:39 AM
JackDidley
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
Much of the TM is reduced or disabled in the provided tunes, but there should be a switch for the upshift abuse mode to be disabled I would expect.

Either way, load the hard shift tune then email me the last tune written from the i3 for the tcm and I'll take a look. sometimes the limits need to be raised a little more
Mike, thanks for the reply. I will get out to the car and pull the tune from it today.
Old 05-24-2022, 11:24 AM
JackDidley
Race Director

PM sent.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:24 PM
Smokehouse00
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

This will be my first year. I went to nmra last year
Old 06-06-2022, 08:14 PM
JackDidley
Race Director

Originally Posted by Smokehouse00
This will be my first year. I went to nmra last year

You will not be disappointed . Something for every car guy. Show cars, drifting, drags, autocross and more. I cant wait.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:23 PM
Smokehouse00
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

You will not be disappointed . Something for every car guy. Show cars, drifting, drags, autocross and more. I cant wait.
need to set something up so all these people on the forum can meet up and have a beer
Old 06-07-2022, 10:18 AM
JackDidley
Race Director

need to set something up so all these people on the forum can meet up and have a beer

We cant be the only forum guys going. Maybe in September, post threads in C5 and C6 general. C7 general too. They let LTs in also.
Old 06-07-2022, 02:27 PM
HBZ_81_C3
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What is this "beer" you speak of...

Get notified of new replies

To Another Diabo question.

Quick Reply: Another Diabo question.