C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help - Super Charged Methanol injected studders Bad at half throttle. NO Codes

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 09:59 AM
blk85vette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need Help - Super Charged Methanol injected studders Bad at half throttle. NO Codes

Super Charged Methanol injected studders Bad at half throttle. NO Codes on the car. I bought HP tuner and ran VCM scanner and recorded a pull of when it does it. The car studders badly almost like it hit a rev limiter anytime I push the gas pass 1/2 throttle. However if I roll into and dont go past half throttle I can take the car to 5K with no hesitation. Its seems to happen right when the methanol kit light comes on. So I would like to resolve this myself but not sure where to start.

History - had some stumble (not like above)
Changed wires and stumble went away. (3 months ago)
had fuel rail replaced and they rewired the methanol to be outside fuse box under hood. It was overloading/burning up the block the original owner put it on, they had added it to the fuel pump fuse block. When I got car back a week later it started this mess so not sure if its a coil or

Car makes about 730 RWHP but driving it around its fine and drives fine just anything past half throttle it studders and stumbles and loses all power.

2007 7.0 Z06
Supercharge 7.0 boost
Methanol injection kit.

Quick Reply: Need Help - Super Charged Methanol injected studders Bad at half throttle. NO Codes