C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does a Stock 2013 GS Need a Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 08:41 AM
vet55
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1MEANGS
Nope! Just connect and install 93 octane tune & enjoy!
You da' man! Thx!
Old 06-02-2015, 08:46 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

plus you can get custom tuning done for the diablosport Trinity/inTune programmers...

so if/when you add a cai, headers, exhaust, the tune can be adjusted/dialed in for those mods for even more/better performance gains..

I sell both the inTune and Trinity programmers, and I also offer a package deal as well that includes my custom tuning at a discount so you'd save some $$.

You can find info about them, as well as links to my Package Deals, Testimonials, Pricing, purchasing/ordering, etc. on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

as for the difference between the two programmers... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my vehicles... tune-wise, the tunes are the same. adjustable parameters are the same, and of course my custom tune would be the same as well...

The Trinity has a few more features, including a performance monitor for 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times, etc... bigger color touch screen... graphic virtual gauges for monitoring data... it has a windshield mount (like a gps)... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield...

The inTune is smaller (it's the size of a credit card), it does not have the performance monitor, and does not have the graphic virtual gauges, etc, and it's less expensive...and it's a little easier to use than the Trinity when it comes to data logging and importing/export tune files for custom tuning, since you don't have to use any extra software - everything is just copy/paste with the inTune.

So really, it's up to you which one you'd want...

here are links to their user manuals so you can check them both out to see which one you'd want:

Trinity user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/T...ser_Manual.pdf

inTune user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/i...ser_Manual.pdf

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpm's, better tranny performance/shifting (for automatics), etc...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 06-02-2015, 10:34 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by vet55
Would a tune alone give the engine more life? Make it run more optimally? Is it choked from the factory?
Opinions please, thx!
I suppose the question could be answered in the same manner as, "Do you really Need a Corvette?" The answer to both is: " No, but you're going to like it!" That applies especially to the A6 version.
I see that Lew (06MonteSS) posted on here and I can tell you from personal experience that if you get one of the Diablosport devices from him with his custom tune on it, you will be very happy with how that wakes your car up. AND his customer service is second to none. He will work diligently with you to tweak that tune specifically for your car. Just do it. And maybe buy yourself some spare rear tires while you're at it!
Old 07-03-2015, 04:55 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
For $600 Id get one of our Trinity tuners, load the 93 tune, run good gas, enjoy the other benefits of the Trinity's logging/scanning/monitoring functions, and be able to go back anytime you want for dealer visits, etc.

Hers an example of how well a good running GS can perform with our out of the box 93 octane tune:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...une-today.html

Thanks
Question, custom or canned tune, how big of a difference? And should I decide to go with your intune, how much?
Old 07-03-2015, 05:05 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
plus you can get custom tuning done for the diablosport Trinity/inTune programmers...

so if/when you add a cai, headers, exhaust, the tune can be adjusted/dialed in for those mods for even more/better performance gains..

I sell both the inTune and Trinity programmers, and I also offer a package deal as well that includes my custom tuning at a discount so you'd save some $$.

You can find info about them, as well as links to my Package Deals, Testimonials, Pricing, purchasing/ordering, etc. on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

as for the difference between the two programmers... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my vehicles... tune-wise, the tunes are the same. adjustable parameters are the same, and of course my custom tune would be the same as well...

The Trinity has a few more features, including a performance monitor for 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times, etc... bigger color touch screen... graphic virtual gauges for monitoring data... it has a windshield mount (like a gps)... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield...

The inTune is smaller (it's the size of a credit card), it does not have the performance monitor, and does not have the graphic virtual gauges, etc, and it's less expensive...and it's a little easier to use than the Trinity when it comes to data logging and importing/export tune files for custom tuning, since you don't have to use any extra software - everything is just copy/paste with the inTune.

So really, it's up to you which one you'd want...

here are links to their user manuals so you can check them both out to see which one you'd want:

Trinity user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/T...ser_Manual.pdf

inTune user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/i...ser_Manual.pdf

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpm's, better tranny performance/shifting (for automatics), etc...
Just ordered. I hope I don't have problems installing thru my computer due to the fact I'm not computer savvy at all. I use it just for the basic bs.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:00 AM
pahlbfishn
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just put the 93 tune in my 2013 bone stock auto coupe and installation was a piece of cake. Really woke the car up both the engine and tranny. Haven't messed with any of the other settings because for me it's perfect the way it is.

Quick Reply: Does a Stock 2013 GS Need a Tune?