C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DiabLew Tune - GoFundMe

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 03:27 PM
long_tall_texan
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Default DiabLew Tune - GoFundMe

Admins, if this is not allowed, or if it should be somewhere else on the forum, please move/remove as necessary. But, I thought this would be the best place to post since Lew has helped so many of us in C6 Tuning.

As some of you know, Lew (06MonteSS) was recently in the hospital for diverticulitis. He runs DiabLew Tune by himself, so while he was in the hospital, he had no income from his business. He also has no health insurance, and now has over $200k in medical bills. One of his friends created a GoFundMe site to make donations to Lew to help get him back on his feet and help to cover his medical bills. I saw this on his DiabLew Tune Facebook page and thought it would be nice to share it here too. I don't know Lew personally. I've only dealt with him when he did my Z06 tune. But, I've only seen positive feedback, comments and experiences from those that have dealt with him. You can read more about his situation, and make a donation if you like at:

http://www.gofundme.com/d5nkho

Last edited by long_tall_texan; 08-21-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:08 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Very cool.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:17 PM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

I donated but the fund would do a lot better if people could also use paypal. With all the problems putting info out on the net today people who have paypal like myself would rather use paypal.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:26 PM
long_tall_texan
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Great. Glad you could help him out. I did not set up the GoFundMe site for him. I just saw it on Facebook and thought I'd share it with the Corvette Community.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:13 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

My paypal is diablo.help@gmail.com -- thank you!!

Thank you everyone for your concern and well-wishes!! I greatly appreciate it!!

Yeah, it was a tough go there for a while.. I was in the hospital for over a month - July 7th through August 14th... died on the operating table... doctors told me if I had waited another hour or two before going to the ER, that I wouldn't be here at all... Here's more info if interested to read: http://www.gofundme.com/d5nkho

so yeah, it has been a battle.. and am still recovering, but at least I am home and things are going well now...

So yes, I am back in the saddle and going at it!!! I got caught up on the 800 emails (yes, 800, heh) I had piled up while I was in the hospital, and am actively doing new tune requests, orders, etc etc...

So please feel free to hit me up!!

www.diablewtune.com

Thank you!
-Lew

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Get notified of new replies

To DiabLew Tune - GoFundMe

Quick Reply: DiabLew Tune - GoFundMe