C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Expert Tuners...HP..SCT...Anybody Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 06:57 PM
chase43
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expert Tuners...HP..SCT...Anybody Help

2008 ls3 6.2 Custom comp cam Borla Long tubes....Tuning has become an absolute night mare....

I had all the work done at a shop who specializes in racing upgrades. They did the work and then did the dyno. They use SCT....I guess they develop a tune and then put it on the SCT handheld and then transfer to my car. Aftr I picked the car up, It ran and drove and everything but the tune was not very good. But the car shifted fine and stil ran and drove just wasn't happy with what they did and they wont help me out at all nor do Iwant them to touch my vehicle again. SO I took the car to another shop a little farther away where the place specializes in just GM dyno ad performancetuning. THey use HP tuners. Guy has a very good rep around here and has fantastic work to show for himself. Heres where it gets sticky......We have been trying to figure this out for about a month now. He dynode the car....made a custom tunefor it and everything is great. Except when he uploads the tune...engine runs fantastic no issues there but for some reason the TCM automatically goes into limp mode. So we did what we thought to do ....Took the car to the GM dealer and everything reset back to factory stock. Got the car back went back at it and same thing....limp mode...stays in 4th gear. He has nowpurchased the factory PCM tune from the GM website and has it...We have gone through everything we can imagine and cant figure it out...neither can anybody else we speak too. This is the real kicker....if I take the SCT handheld and reload the custom tune from the first shop I went too....no limp mode no nothing....trans works fine and its just the tune that isn't very goodand not much was changed. I feel and think that the SCT handheld and Tune is leaving something in te car almost like a virus that wont allow anybody else to tune the car or something like that. I know the TCM isn't bad because If we flash it to stock or the custom tune from the first shop the car runs and drives and theres no trans issues. Its as if this SCT handheld wont allow any other custom tune to be written to the car. I will attach the error that is coming up in HP when we tune. Doesn't mke sense because everything matches. We have sent it to HP tech support and no anwer there either. IM hoping you have an idea of what may be going on because im over 5000 in this and I havnt had the car to drive in almost 2 months. Its like...even if the dealer is flashing back to stock or my tuner guy that flashes it back to stock with the GM file....it isn't erasing all of what was on there with the SCT and somthng is beig left behind and is sending a false signal to TCM or something IDK. Im in va and don't have access to anyhbody else around here. Hoping you may have some guidance. Thanks

The TCM does match and is compatible....that is what is so weird

Old 08-10-2014, 12:09 PM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

This shop is in Virginia and tunes with both HP and SCT. If he can't fix it it can't be done.

http://www.hitechtuning.com/

Quick Reply: Expert Tuners...HP..SCT...Anybody Help