C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cow Booster vs others

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Kingman99
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Cow Booster vs others

Hi

What is the difference between a Cow Booster tune and other tunes.

My C5 was tuned by ECS in Cream Ridge and cannot believe a better one exists, now when i pick up my C6 why should i go elsewhere?

Alan
Old 08-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

PM sent
Old 08-10-2014, 05:05 PM
Kingman99
Melting Slicks

Default Cat got your tongue????

I cannot believe how many people read this thread and only one person stepped forward!

Alan
Old 08-11-2014, 08:00 AM
jyounger74
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kingman
I cannot believe how many people read this thread and only one person stepped forward!

Alan
Alan you answered your own question!!! If you are happy with your tune with ECS on your C5 what makes you think that the tune on your C6 would be less? I have met the guys from ECS Matt and Chris are stand up guys who have been doing this for many years. They know these cars inside and out. If i were you stick with WHAT YOU KNOW
Old 08-11-2014, 08:52 AM
Kingman99
Melting Slicks

Default Difference

Hi

I agree with you but i still would like to know the difference if any. With what i am reading here there seems to be an unique difference.

Is this just a street tune or is it a street tune and something extra?

Thanks
Old 08-11-2014, 09:09 AM
jyounger74
Instructor

Hi

I agree with you but i still would like to know the difference if any. With what i am reading here there seems to be an unique difference.

Is this just a street tune or is it a street tune and something extra?

Thanks
I will try to answer your question without offending the tuner in question. I have been around peformance / exotic cars all my life. I have owned some of the classic muscle cars and the newest muscle cars. No one that i have spoken to has any different new secrets it just the facts. As a matter of fact unless someone has written there own code for software which i do not think is the case here they are all the same. I am positive HP tuners and even diablo sport have the capability of tweaking the so called throttle response. So if you are happy with ECS then stay, if you really think another tuner will have a magic bullet to make your car any more responsive then i say jump into the water but make sure you have your life vest on.

Last edited by jyounger74; 08-11-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Kingman99
Melting Slicks

Default Perfect Answer

Originally Posted by jyounger74
I will try to answer your question without offending the tuner in question. I have been around peformance / exotic cars all my life. I have owned some of the classic muscle cars and the newest muscle cars. No one that i have spoken to has any different new secrets it just the facts. As a matter of fact unless someone has written there own code for software which i do not think is the case here they are all the same. I am positive HP tuners and even diablo sport have the capability of tweaking the so called throttle response. So if you are happy with ECS then stay, if you really think another tuner will have a magic bullet to make your car any more responsive then i say jump into the water but make sure you have your life vest on.

Hi

I was not trying to rate any tuner just trying to find out if anything new
came onto the scene since i last tuned my C5 over 7 yrs ago.

Thanks

Alan
Old 08-17-2014, 05:04 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,015 Likes on 2,172 Posts

The relationship between the throttle pedal and the Tb valve is not linear on a C6, Meaning that if you push the pedal 1/4 of the way down, the TB valve is not going to open up 1/4 of the way.

GM programed the pedal this way so the car is slow traffic/wet condition drivable and to gain MPG fuel economy (pedal less sensitive for the first half of the pedal push). When you start to get 1/2 way down or more, then the TB valve becomes more linear instead.

The cow booster remaps the pedal to TB programing so the TB valve opens up more in the initial part of the pedal push (still not completely linear between the two, since this would make the car almost un-drivable in less than perfect traction conditions).
Old 08-17-2014, 08:18 PM
Kingman99
Melting Slicks

Default Thanks

[QUOTE=Dano523;1587617705]The relationship between the throttle pedal and the Tb valve is not linear on a C6, Meaning that if you push the pedal 1/4 of the way down, the TB valve is not going to open up 1/4 of the way.

GM programed the pedal this way so the car is slow traffic/wet condition drivable and to gain MPG fuel economy (pedal less sensitive for the first half of the pedal push). When you start to get 1/2 way down or more, then the TB valve becomes more linear instead.

The cow booster remaps the pedal to TB programing so the TB valve opens up more in the initial part of the pedal push (still not completely linear between the two, since this would make the car almost un-drivable in less than perfect traction conditions).[/QUOTE

Now that's what i am talking about an intelligent answer!

Thanks

Alan.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:08 PM
brewcitygymratt
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I would stick with ECS. I don't think you will find a better tuner. Just look at all the ECS customer cars and the resulting track results. I prefer to see results like 1/4 mi times not just "omg it FEELS so much faster, this tune is AMAZING!". Butt dyno is not a reliable means of measuring gains.

PS: Any decent tuner can adjust throttle tip in or input throughout the rpm band to make it more aggressive. There also are devices like the Sprint booster which does the same thing, basically plug and play. It will feel faster because of less throttle input needed, but it won't be any faster in the real world.

Last edited by brewcitygymratt; 08-20-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:32 PM
Kingman99
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by brewcitygymratt
I would stick with ECS. I don't think you will find a better tuner. Just look at all the ECS customer cars and the resulting track results. I prefer to see results like 1/4 mi times not just "omg it FEELS so much faster, this tune is AMAZING!". Butt dyno is not a reliable means of measuring gains.

PS: Any decent tuner can adjust throttle tip in or input throughout the rpm band to make it more aggressive. There also are devices like the Sprint booster which does the same thing, basically plug and play. It will feel faster because of less throttle input needed, but it won't be any faster in the real world.

What is the real world anyway? ECS tuned my C5 along with other things but now i live in Ga. and not New Jersey. I have used Vengeance for normal Maintenance on my C5 and now that i have a C6 i will conTinue to use Vengeance. Their reputation in the Southeast is second to none plus they are customers of ECS.

Alan
Old 08-20-2014, 05:19 PM
brewcitygymratt
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

What is the real world anyway? ECS tuned my C5 along with other things but now i live in Ga. and not New Jersey.
Alan
real world=dragstrip, or dyno numbers for those who don't track their cars. I've read far too many reviews of mods or tunes of owners ripping around on the street with no proof of the actual gain. I like seeing quantitative results whenever possible, when people give reviews of performance mods including tunes.

Thought ECS was local to you. If you live near Vengeance, they have a great rep as well on LS1 tech and other forums so they would be a great choice.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,015 Likes on 2,172 Posts

Throttle pedal to Tb Valve mapping is not something that most tuning software can do on the C6's. What is needed is a third program to activate this part of the programing in the ECM first so the tuning software can see it, then once activated, it can re-adjusted with a program like EFI live.

With the Sprint booster, it just lowered the entire throttle mapping down so you got 100% TB, with 3/4 of the pedal pushed down instead.

With the boost tune, it's the first half of the pedal to TB valving that is remapped, leaving full pedal down to full TB open correct instead.

As for the merits, if the return to idle decay has been tuned out (say on a base model so the revs can drop when you come off the throttle instead of a half second delay before the drop down), and the booster installed, it does give you finer control of the throttle for throttle pedal feathering adjustments as you are controlling the car out on a hard corner push with the rear tires.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:54 AM
sallen619
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

The CoW Booster is not a "tune". CoW can tune your car and install the CoW Booster. You could get a different company's tune and have a CoW Booster also...
Old 09-03-2014, 12:57 PM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Hptuners has the capability to change the throttle % however, it is well known that changing the values for this can brick the computer. Chuck supposedly modifies the hardware so he can then go in and change the tables without destroying the ecu.

Old 09-20-2014, 03:11 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default I'll tell you what Chuck CoW DOES......

Originally Posted by sallen619
The CoW Booster is not a "tune". CoW can tune your car and install the CoW Booster. You could get a different company's tune and have a CoW Booster also...
I'll tell you what Chuck CoW DOES......

He's the only guy offering anything that resembles his CoW BOOSTER!

It is a re-mapping of the throttle tables that the other shops DO NOT have access to.

CoW BOOSTER! makes for AMAZING changes in throttle response and low end performance you can not get any other way.

I've developed it for Corvette, CAMARO, TRUCKS, G8, GTO, and all other electronic throttle LS platforms.

Have me install it with my tune or over the top of any other tuner's tune and you will be amazed.

Nothing else like it....Nothing else like it anywhere near the price.

It's the one product out there where it will exceed your expectations and you'll never look back.

Call any time and I can explain more over the phone or in person.

914-332-0049

Chuck CoW
Old 09-22-2014, 05:59 PM
jyounger74
Instructor

I am positive HP tuners and even diablo sport have the capability of tweaking the so called throttle response.

Get notified of new replies

To Cow Booster vs others

Old 09-23-2014, 03:42 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Nothing like I do.....

Originally Posted by jyounger74
I am positive HP tuners and even diablo sport have the capability of tweaking the so called throttle response.
Nothing like I do..... Don't positive till you find out for sue.

I have the only CoW BOOSTER! product on the market.

Anyone wanting to something that works as mine does, or better....

Please send it along for me to evaluate.

In either case CoW BOOSTER! is $200 and everyone loves it.

We do it for all Corvette, CAMARO, TRUCKS, CADDys, etc.

Impossible to beat...heard to believe...AWESOME and INEXPENSIVE.

Call any time 914-332-0049

Thanks
Chuck CoW
Old 09-23-2014, 02:49 PM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

Hi

What is the difference between a Cow Booster tune and other tunes.

My C5 was tuned by ECS in Cream Ridge and cannot believe a better one exists, now when i pick up my C6 why should i go elsewhere?

Alan
There are many differences between each tuner, their preferred method of tuning, and how complete/thorough it is. This may be to appeal to a certain customer, price point, etc.

A full street/dyno tuning session will allow a tuner to monitor and change all open parameters across multiple tables (VE, MAF,..) as well as adjust everything from transmission shift points to throttle response. A competent and skilled EFI Live tuner will have access to and understand how to manipulate most all functions from the PCM to fine tune each vehicle specifically.

Not every car, engine, or driver are the same. Monitoring how the car is reacting under different conditions (hot/cold starts, idle, partial throttle, WOT, etc.) and being able to see how the car has changed after modifying these parameters is the only way to truly dial in a vehicle for optimal performance and reliability.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:23 PM
sallen619
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
I'll tell you what Chuck CoW DOES......

He's the only guy offering anything that resembles his CoW BOOSTER!

It is a re-mapping of the throttle tables that the other shops DO NOT have access to.

CoW BOOSTER! makes for AMAZING changes in throttle response and low end performance you can not get any other way.

I've developed it for Corvette, CAMARO, TRUCKS, G8, GTO, and all other electronic throttle LS platforms.

Have me install it with my tune or over the top of any other tuner's tune and you will be amazed.

Nothing else like it....Nothing else like it anywhere near the price.

It's the one product out there where it will exceed your expectations and you'll never look back.

Call any time and I can explain more over the phone or in person.

914-332-0049

Chuck CoW
I know

I had the CoW Booster on my last C6...and will get it done again on my current C6

Quick Reply: Cow Booster vs others