C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TUNE on a 2013 427 Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 12:38 AM
mrmercedes
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
Glad we could help

Our gm tuner is interested I getting your car on the dyno for verification if you are game, let me know
Mike i can bring the Corvette by anytime, tell me whens good for u. I had The car out most of the day today. It revs so much faster and pulls a lot harder. I have a question for u or anyone reading the post. I was told that the 2013 427 Convertible does not have the same free flowing pipes that go to the mufulers as the z06 coupe has. I was told it has resonators or restrictors for noise because its a Convertible. I can't remember if it was u that told me this or one of the Corvette guys. If its true i was thinking of looking into changing this. The 427 sounds so good stock but may even sound more aggressive after changing the pips. I don't want to do headers or a full system. I went on Ebay and saw a few used for $150 so i was thinking of taking a shot. The tune u did is so good i just don't want to mess it up. What do u think?
Old 08-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Todds427
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Please post up your tune specs and so the rest of us can enjoy the added POWER!
Old 08-11-2014, 11:00 PM
mrmercedes
Advanced

Originally Posted by tblu92
". What tunes have you done on the C6 Z06's? Have you done any tunes on the c7 yet? what tunes do you recommend and which ones to stay away from? Thanks for all your help."
Don't know what you mean by "what tunes" It's either tuned or not--If you are talking about what sort of modded ones I have done them all--Super charged hds--cam hearders--NOS etc--Each car is tuned for max power and driveability according to the car's intended use and type of mods--
As far as C7's go I have tuned 6 of them including my own but also about 20 Silverado's with the new DI engines----The DI engine tuning is completely different than ever before--simple yet touchy--You can make them so aggressive that they are almost un driveable on the street--I have had to de-tune 3 of them and as I have said before it has nothing to do with timing or fuel changes---( One guy's wife went to park in their garage and the car lurched forward so hard she knocked the pass side mirror off !!! ) before she could lift
whoops !
I'm kind of new to this site and just saw u answered my question. What i meant to ask u was what tuner do u recommend for the 2013 427. I didn't see your responds until now. I had Mike from Diablo tune install a tune on the 427 last week. I'm extremely happy with the results. I appricate you responding in detail what changes and to what extent when tuning the z06's. I think your responds will answer a lot of questions for guys here. Thanks again..
Old 08-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Todds427
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Mike, I'm not sure what happened to my Diablo tuner because I thought I had the newest tunes a month ago when I bought it and downloaded the updates but did not really notice any difference in the car, so I tried hooking it up to the internet again yesterday and it took 30 mins to download and update tunes (this was different than the first time I connected it), I then put it on my car and WOW, now I have the power that everyones been talking about! BIG difference! I guess I did not have the current tunes and that is why I did not see any difference initially. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Last edited by Todds427; 08-24-2014 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:58 PM
mrmercedes
Advanced

Originally Posted by Todds9
Mike, I'm not sure what happened to my Diablo tuner because I thought I had the newest tunes a month ago when I bought it and downloaded the updates but did not really notice any difference in the car, so I tried hooking it up to the internet again yesterday and it took 30 mins to download and update tunes (this was different than the first time I connected it), I then put it on my car and WOW, now I have the power that everyones been talking about! BIG difference! I guess I did not have the current tunes and that is why I did not see any difference initially. Thanks and keep up the good work!
I see u got the right tune. I tried getting my 427 to Mike last week but the guy that does the dyno was going out of town so i told Mike i will have the car there this week. I'm guessing the tune u did was the same that Mike gave me. So what do u notice most in what u just installed
Old 08-25-2014, 09:09 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Todds9
Glad to hear it, the tunes were recently updated, enjoy

Quick Reply: TUNE on a 2013 427 Convertible