C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

team ZR1 email tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 12:19 AM
telly444
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default team ZR1 email tune

so I've been doing some reasearch and was told that JR from team ZR1 is one of the best tuners around. as I live in canada I'm not to fond of our local shop with the only dyno. Jr has suggested that I buy a few programs and tools for my laptop and do real time OBD 2 scaning and recording while driving. i will then send this to him for a base tune follow ed by a few more tweaking tunes. the tools for my laptop are about 750 and the tune is another 300 . so 1050 for a full custom tune with no DYNO! seems expensive but I would always have the tools to tune my own car. any experience or thougths?
Old 07-24-2014, 06:33 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by telly444
so I've been doing some reasearch and was told that JR from team ZR1 is one of the best tuners around. as I live in canada I'm not to fond of our local shop with the only dyno. Jr has suggested that I buy a few programs and tools for my laptop and do real time OBD 2 scaning and recording while driving. i will then send this to him for a base tune follow ed by a few more tweaking tunes. the tools for my laptop are about 750 and the tune is another 300 . so 1050 for a full custom tune with no DYNO! seems expensive but I would always have the tools to tune my own car. any experience or thougths?
Owning and learning to use the tuning software is great and a satisfying experience. I personally think a live dyno and street tune is better than an email tune and it also depends on the car itself. Is it stock or modified ? Where in Canada do you live ?
Old 07-24-2014, 07:28 AM
telly444
Racer

I'm in Saskatchewan. I should have mentioned the car is highly modified. It's a 2007 Z06 with a e force supercharger, LT headers full exhaust. Now I'm doing alky meth, wcch, kaotik cam, new valve train, boost a pump, all new gauges . So I'm gonna need another custom tune and was just looking at my options.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:45 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by telly444
I'm in Saskatchewan. I should have mentioned the car is highly modified. It's a 2007 Z06 with a e force supercharger, LT headers full exhaust. Now I'm doing alky meth, wcch, kaotik cam, new valve train, boost a pump, all new gauges . So I'm gonna need another custom tune and was just looking at my options.
Similar build to mine actually except not an LS7 here. A good tuner should be able to get you close remotely with you sending logs and him making adjustments. I still think a "live" tune is better, but if there is no one good around you have no choice.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:35 PM
telly444
Racer

well there is a shop with a dyno and they have done a few vettes. JR just seemed like he really knew his stuff.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:35 AM
CTD
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Have you talked with Russ Kemp in Regina?

Get notified of new replies

To team ZR1 email tune

Quick Reply: team ZR1 email tune