C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CEL light on, code read P0499

Old 07-21-2014, 09:10 AM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CEL light on, code read P0499

I was taking the car to work the other day and fueled it up. when I was coming home from work I started the car and the CEL light came on. I had this problem in the past, after the headers and CAI intake installation so I am figuring it's related to that again. I get home and I plugged the reader up to it and it read P0499 EVAP emissions control. I am thinking maybe a fuse blew and i checked them and they all seem fine. I have seen the thread about this issue but I want to know of anyone else has had this problem. my far is an 08 z51 6spd. does anyone know the part number for that valve?
Old 07-22-2014, 01:42 PM
TnRZ06
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

May not be it but check your gas cap.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:17 AM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Thanks, I checked the cap and even fueled it up again, the light is still on. I never topped the car off so I can safely rule out getting fuel in the canister. The car is 6 years old and considering the solenoid's location I wouldn't be surprised if it is bad now. I don't really use the car in rain but a few times got stuck in it (never a puddle). I will change the part since I ordered one and if it still stays on I will investigate a short circuit (I hope it isn't).
Old 07-25-2014, 03:27 PM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Ironically, this morning I was on my way to work and the DIC displayed "check gas cap". I pulled over and opened the fuel door and removed the cap and then screwed it back on. I turned the car off and on again and the message went away.... The CEL light was off at the time and I drove it around for quite some time yesterday.... I also suspect it may be the gas cap now since the light comes on after I went over the verrazzano bridge (its roadway peak height is about 230 feet above sea level). I am wondering if the cap seal is weak, would the rapid change in altitude alter the pressure hence triggering the CEL light to come on. I know it seems far fetched but its just a thought.... I ordered a fuel cap now for $15 and I will change that first and see if it fixes the issue.

Get notified of new replies

To CEL light on, code read P0499

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CEL light on, code read P0499