C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Above Average Tuners? (DFW)

Old 07-15-2014, 11:51 PM
CandyRedDevil
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Above Average Tuners? (DFW)

Just like it says.... I've had my car tuned at a local (highly recognized) shop in my area, Dallas, Tx. After the usual mods cam, converter, etc, my car makes VERY good power and runs really good. But I'm looking for more than just "hey it made ALOT of power and here's your dyno printout" . Fact is, its never really driven all that great after tuning. I need a tuner that's really knowledgeable on the transmission side as well as the engine. The trans shifts erratic at times and sometimes at the track it won't even shift into high gear. Chances are I may need a transmission OR it could be in the tune. I'm open to any ideas or suggestions.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:26 PM
long_tall_texan
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

He's not local to us here in DF-Dub, but I'd bet that Lew (DiabLew Tune) could straighten things out from your logged data from any of the DiabloSport handheld units, and your description of the problem. No it is not a dyno tune. IMO, It is better, because it is looking at live data while you are on the road at true driving speed. I'me very happy with his tune on my 07 Z06. He is very quick to respond, answer questions, make changes, and send updates as you need.

Right now Lew is in the hospital. But it would be worth the wait to go with him.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:29 PM
CandyRedDevil
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok bro, that's sounds like a plan. I have access to an efi live tuner. I can get it if needed. .. When Lew gets better I would love to get in touch with him as well.
Thx
Old 07-17-2014, 05:32 PM
CUSVT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pm sent
Old 07-17-2014, 11:04 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

What about Taylor at DP? Or Anthony@LG?

Get notified of new replies

To Any Above Average Tuners? (DFW)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any Above Average Tuners? (DFW)