C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting ready to tune my 09 C6 but have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 09:51 PM
BADASSTT
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting ready to tune my 09 C6 but have some questions

I have 09 C6 automatic.My current mods are a corsa extreme axle back exhaust and an air-raid cai. I have a diablo intune and I'm ready to go ahead and tune the car. I know I can load the 93 tune but is there any other tune that I can load and how do I go about loading any other tunes? I thank you for any input/help.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:46 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

unless you get a custom tune the only available tunes are the diablo tune (93 octane) or the 91 octane tune.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:22 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

If you'd like a custom tune for your car/mods, I can definitely get you hooked up and get you even more gains than just the preset canned tunes...

www.diablewtune.com

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 07-04-2014, 03:17 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

The 2009 C6 is a whole new world of tuning TQ management Most handhelds don't have the availability to work with those tables---You would be light years ahead by getting a real tune--Tunes in general can make 20 25 RWHP--however a real tuner can unlock all the HP the car can make ---- In stock trim your car may be rated at 435 crank HP HOWEVER after your computer gets a hold of it you are lucky to get 350 RWHP !!! all a result of GM's massive TQ control--simply deleting most of the TQ control will let your car make ALL the power it is capable of making----all the time plus an added
20 25 RWHP No handhelds have this capability==
Old 07-04-2014, 07:01 AM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by tblu92
The 2009 C6 is a whole new world of tuning TQ management Most handhelds don't have the availability to work with those tables---You would be light years ahead by getting a real tune--Tunes in general can make 20 25 RWHP--however a real tuner can unlock all the HP the car can make ---- In stock trim your car may be rated at 435 crank HP HOWEVER after your computer gets a hold of it you are lucky to get 350 RWHP !!! all a result of GM's massive TQ control--simply deleting most of the TQ control will let your car make ALL the power it is capable of making----all the time plus an added
20 25 RWHP No handhelds have this capability==
sorry but this info isn't totally correct. the diablosport "handheld" can do wonders if it's in the right hands. and yes...even make adjustments to torque management.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:54 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Not true---Yes Diablo is the best of all the handhelds The current models keep adding more and more tables--See how old your's is as you may want to have it updated to reflect the added tables
But a full tuner has availability to address ALL tables--aprrox 450 in the engine ECM and about 350 for the trans TCM Diablo not even close
On a bone stock car typically a handheld is fine if your goals are just a little bit more performance ---But as you add mods like cams heads and especially LT headers you will never be happy with the results
Issues like idle -- surging--- dying--poor mileage-- pinging-weird shifting cannot be fixed with a handheld
Old 07-22-2014, 05:46 PM
BADASSTT
Intermediate

Sorry I haven't responded sooner but I've been recently hospitalized. Thanks, for the members that have responded. But, I'm not looking to change my tuner. I've used Diablosport tuners with my previous 2 cars. My SRT Challenger and Charger SRT Super bee and they were great. I used the canned tunes and the dealer installed the 180-T-stat and adjusted the fan settings. So, I guess for now my only option is the canned tune? Until I get LT headers and hi-flow cats to go with my Corsa extreme exhaust? What about for a 180 t-stat and adjusting the fan settings? I have done searches on this topic but,I don't know if this would be good for the LS-3 C6? I'm new to the corvette so I don't know much. Any help would be great

P.S. I also did the updates to my intune with the help of Mike at Diablosport. I'm going to be tuning the car sometime this week.

Thanks,
Raul
Old 07-28-2014, 08:10 AM
BADASSTT
Intermediate

My car was tuned last week and all I have to say it made a big difference I loaded the canned tune and I the trans to shift firm. Does it make more of a change when the computer learns the program?

Get notified of new replies

To Getting ready to tune my 09 C6 but have some questions

Quick Reply: Getting ready to tune my 09 C6 but have some questions