C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 09:04 PM
bringit665
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some help!

I'm starting to look for a tune. But i don't know to much about them, can anyone help me out?
Old 07-04-2014, 03:28 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Yes depends on how serious you are about making your car faster and have more HP---
A handheld tuner is OK for someone wanting just an extra bit more performance Ploblem being one size fits all mentality--They use the same tune in Arizona where it is 110* and in Alaska where it is -30* ---they are very generic--and in states with only 91 oct gas their increses are very small--5-10 RWHP at best-A full blown tuner like HP OR EFILIVE is a whole new approach--It can cater your base tune to where you drive most and type of fuel avail. AND more importantly a real tune can un lock your eng'sfull potential which GM holds back with the TQ control programming---Even though your car is rated at 435 HP after your ECM gets a hold of it it maybe only makes about 350 RWHP
A full tner can unlock your ECM to your engines full potential Plus add another 15-30 RWHP Price of a gull tune maybe $200 more but well worth the effort if you wants a Corvtte that is fast virtually bone stock !!!! and only a tune

Quick Reply: Need some help!