C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help after thorough troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 10:01 PM
Tripleblack06
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help after thorough troubleshooting

Hey guys,

Bought my 06 a6 c6 with full billy boat exhaust headers back already installed. Engine light was on for p0430. I tried to just change the passenger red o2 sensor and reset the code. The engine light never came back on but the catalyst and evap never turned to a ready state after over 450 miles me 10 cold starts and gm instructed drives. After research on the forum I found out it was because the rear o2 sensors were pushed further downstream tripping the code. Obviously not wanting to put the stock exhaust back on I took the car to New Era Performance in Rochester ny today and got it tuned. The catalyst is now ready but I drove it 150 miles home and now the heated o2 sensor and o2 sensor and evap are not ready. My tuner told me he turned off the rear sensors behind the cats. Knowing this, will the htd o2 sensor and o2 sensor ever be ready? He told me after I drove a little bit the car would pass New York inspection. I need someone who actually has a strong idea on if the car will ever be ready or any steps I can take. I'm desperate to get the car inspected at this point and need some good answers. I bought from a dealer in Nj and they inspected it there but is not transferable to Ny. They shipped me the stock exhaust to cover there own ***. Hoping to get my corvette experience back on track, starting to not want the car anymore.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:57 AM
chimazo
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't messed with HPT in a while, but I am pretty sure that you can configure the tune to have any emissions-related "tests" be ready without any driving. If I recall, you need to make sure the "tests" indicate that they are "complete" under the DTC/readiness state tab in HPT. OBD emission related items under the Diagnostics tab need to indicate "enabled" and "no error reported," which I *think* is selection #3. It wil be obvious when you have the program open in front of you, though. I thought that most states allow at least one "non-ready" reading and you could still pass, but maybe not...

Last edited by chimazo; 05-31-2014 at 11:01 AM. Reason: typos
Old 05-31-2014, 01:43 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 776 Likes on 505 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by Tripleblack06
Hey guys,

Bought my 06 a6 c6 with full billy boat exhaust headers back already installed. Engine light was on for p0430. I tried to just change the passenger red o2 sensor and reset the code. The engine light never came back on but the catalyst and evap never turned to a ready state after over 450 miles me 10 cold starts and gm instructed drives. After research on the forum I found out it was because the rear o2 sensors were pushed further downstream tripping the code. Obviously not wanting to put the stock exhaust back on I took the car to New Era Performance in Rochester ny today and got it tuned. The catalyst is now ready but I drove it 150 miles home and now the heated o2 sensor and o2 sensor and evap are not ready. My tuner told me he turned off the rear sensors behind the cats. Knowing this, will the htd o2 sensor and o2 sensor ever be ready? He told me after I drove a little bit the car would pass New York inspection. I need someone who actually has a strong idea on if the car will ever be ready or any steps I can take. I'm desperate to get the car inspected at this point and need some good answers. I bought from a dealer in Nj and they inspected it there but is not transferable to Ny. They shipped me the stock exhaust to cover there own ***. Hoping to get my corvette experience back on track, starting to not want the car anymore.
If you can have somebody pull your tune with HP Tuners I can show you what to change so that all systems will show as ready the minute you first fire up the car.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:07 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

A tuner can set any code to be "not reported" to the ECM PERMANENTLY---In concert with doing that the readiness tests will immediately read "ready "PERMANENTLY
Make sure they turn all the rear 02 sensors and catalyst monitors to say not reported--If you are getting air injection codes do the same (common with LT's) or any of the EVAP codes You can make ALL the readiness tests show READY permanently with a tune
Old 07-23-2014, 05:07 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

A tuner can set any code to be "not reported" to the ECM PERMANENTLY---In concert with doing that the readiness tests will immediately read "ready "PERMANENTLY
Make sure they turn all the rear 02 sensors and catalyst monitors to say not reported--If you are getting air injection codes do the same (common with LT's) or any of the EVAP codes You can make ALL the readiness tests show READY permanently with a tune

Get notified of new replies

To Need help after thorough troubleshooting

Quick Reply: Need help after thorough troubleshooting