C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chuck COW tune and booster

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 10:50 AM
familyman's C7
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14
Default Chuck COW tune and booster

I installed my Chuck COW retuned and throttle boosted module and thermostat this past Saturday and HOLY CRAP what a difference.

The install was a pita since you have to remove and reinstall the module blind. Anyone who has done it knows what I mean.

The throttle response with the throttle booster is instantaneous and the power from the retune really woke up the car and turned it into a beast, comparatively speaking.

Thanks again Chuck.

Last edited by familyman's C7; 05-20-2014 at 10:56 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-20-2014, 09:08 PM
Aves_Guy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom tune question

Originally Posted by familyman's C6
I installed my Chuck COW retuned and throttle boosted module and thermostat this past Saturday and HOLY CRAP what a difference.

The install was a pita since you have to remove and reinstall the module blind. Anyone who has done it knows what I mean.

The throttle response with the throttle booster is instantaneous and the power from the retune really woke up the car and turned it into a beast, comparatively speaking.

Thanks again Chuck.
When you paid for your tune, did it include the flash tuner tool? Chuck will be in Oklahoma City this June and I'm thinking of having him tune mine while he is here. I've read nothing but great reviews; just like yours. I am already on his list for the throttle mod and thinking of adding the tune too.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:13 AM
familyman's C7
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

No, it doesn't come with a flash tuner. He reprograms a PCM that will replace yours. Atleast that's how mine was done with the mailing tune. It may be different with an on site tune.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:53 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default To elaborate.....

Originally Posted by familyman's C6
No, it doesn't come with a flash tuner. He reprograms a PCM that will replace yours. Atleast that's how mine was done with the mailing tune. It may be different with an on site tune.
To elaborate..... If I recall.... Mike was the winner of the St.Jude Auction here on the Corvette Forum.

Mike has the CoW BOOSTER! a loaner pcm (which needs to be returned) and our conservative engine tune.

Mike's car was an automatic and until the trans is tuned, I keep the motor a click safe....

Like I was saying on the phone, as the winner of the auction you're still entitled to get the trans and

full engine tune for FREE! You'll either have to purchase an AutoCal device or feel free to come to the

Amazing NON CLUB SHOW in Oklahoma in June.

If you make the trip.... I will make your car even more AMAZING....for FREE!

To the other poster.... If this was not the donation/auction the customer would have ordered the

complete Chuck CoW TUNE, AutoCal, and CoW BOOSTER! Package....

Please call any time with questions.
914-332-0049
Chuck CoW
Old 05-24-2014, 08:20 PM
Aves_Guy
Intermediate

Default AutoCal comes with a paid tune then?

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
To elaborate..... If I recall.... Mike was the winner of the St.Jude Auction here on the Corvette Forum.

Mike has the CoW BOOSTER! a loaner pcm (which needs to be returned) and our conservative engine tune.

Mike's car was an automatic and until the trans is tuned, I keep the motor a click safe....

Like I was saying on the phone, as the winner of the auction you're still entitled to get the trans and

full engine tune for FREE! You'll either have to purchase an AutoCal device or feel free to come to the

Amazing NON CLUB SHOW in Oklahoma in June.

If you make the trip.... I will make your car even more AMAZING....for FREE!

To the other poster.... If this was not the donation/auction the customer would have ordered the

complete Chuck CoW TUNE, AutoCal, and CoW BOOSTER! Package....

Please call any time with questions.
914-332-0049
Chuck CoW
Thanks for the context Chuck. Are you saying that an AutoCal comes with the Tune, CoW Booster, and Stat package you're doing in OKC?
Old 05-24-2014, 10:56 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Not exactly....

Originally Posted by GStoehr
Thanks for the context Chuck. Are you saying that an AutoCal comes with the Tune, CoW Booster, and Stat package you're doing in OKC?
Not exactly.... The AutoCal by itself is $350. It's an incredible device and presently the most powerful GM flash tool

available. When you see me in person at the shop or on one of my trips, I do EVERYTHING in person thus

eliminating the need for the tool and the additional expense.

For those NOT coming to the shop or NOT near one of my events it's the ONLY way to make your car run perfect

and be sure all is safe. It also allows you to go back to stock or make changes when necessary without me

being there.

If I do the car in person, there is no need for it.

BTW, AutoCal does not come with tunes in it. It's NOT a cheap tool loaded with BS tunes like you see in

the back of auto magazines. Every tune is explicitly for your vehicle and futher polished via the AutoCal

and the datalogs you create and send in.

Chuck CoW
Old 08-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Jeff Bury
Intermediate

Default Question

My 2007 was dyno and tuned a couple years ago and still runs great. Can i install your Cow boster program with my tune or do i need yours. thanks
Old 09-27-2014, 03:43 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Yes you can.....

Originally Posted by Jeff Bury
My 2007 was dyno and tuned a couple years ago and still runs great. Can i install your Cow boster program with my tune or do i need yours. thanks

Yes you can.....

Just send me your pcm and I'll fix you right up!

Stay Tuned!
Chuck CoW

Get notified of new replies

To Chuck COW tune and booster

Quick Reply: Chuck COW tune and booster