C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loading a Diablo Tune

Old 04-19-2014, 10:29 AM
C6Tally
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Loading a Diablo Tune

I just received my Diablo Intune and it's almost finished updating..

Question is this-- When I plug it into my diagnostic port and I'm prompted to turn the key to the "on" position without starting it------ How do I do that since we have push button starting?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 730 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Tally
I just received my Diablo Intune and it's almost finished updating..

Question is this-- When I plug it into my diagnostic port and I'm prompted to turn the key to the "on" position without starting it------ How do I do that since we have push button starting?

Thanks in advance

Push the start button for about 10 seconds to get into the accessory mode. On a manual do not depress the clutch. I believe on an auto do not depress the brake. Once in accessory mode, all the dash lights will go on. If you are in the garage, you headlights might turn on. It is recommended to turn them off along with any other accessories, i.e. radio, ac, radar detectors, interior lights, etc. The reason for doing this is that the ECM does not like voltage draw during flashing.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:32 AM
C6Tally
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3
Push the start button for about 10 seconds to get into the accessory mode. On a manual do not depress the clutch. I believe on an auto do not depress the brake. Once in accessory mode, all the dash lights will go on. If you are in the garage, you headlights might turn on. It is recommended to turn them off along with any other accessories, i.e. radio, ac, radar detectors, interior lights, etc. The reason for doing this is that the ECM does not like voltage draw during flashing.

Roger that, Thanks Mike
Old 04-19-2014, 11:55 AM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Mike is right that you will hold the "bottom" of the "start button" in for approx. 10 seconds so the car goes "pass" the accessory mode and into the "start" mode for lack of a better term which will "not" time out like the accessory mode can. AND NEVER PUT YOUR FOOT ON THE BRAKE PEDAL (AUTO) DURING ANY BUTTON PRESS, EVER!

It only takes a "few seconds" of holding the start button in to put the car into accessory mode.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Thanks guys

C6Tally, let us know how you like it once you get some time to take it for a spin!
Old 04-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 730 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by Grand Sport Man
Mike is right that you will hold the "bottom" of the "start button" in for approx. 10 seconds so the car goes "pass" the accessory mode and into the "start" mode for lack of a better term which will "not" time out like the accessory mode can. AND NEVER PUT YOUR FOOT ON THE BRAKE PEDAL (AUTO) DURING ANY BUTTON PRESS, EVER!

It only takes a "few seconds" of holding the start button in to put the car into accessory mode.
Thanks for clarifying "accessory mode" and "start mode". It's important to be in "start mode" when flashing to avoid being timed out which occurs in about 10 minutes for battery protection.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:20 AM
C6Tally
Instructor

Well I loaded the Diablo Tune and drove about 100 miles yesterday. It behaves better at parking lot speeds without the chugging feeling and feels like it pulls stronger in the mid to upper RPM ranges without the lag feeling I felt before.

I'm liking the changes already!

I'm allowing the ECM to adjust a little more before I start the specific tuning process with Lew.
I have my fingers crossed for even more improvements!

Great product Diablosport !!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:28 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Still love the Intune. I have an A-6 and the TM going away and shifts firmed up is the biggest improvement. Really feels like a new car. When I get on it and it downshifts to 1st with the Bullets screaming, that's what Corvettes are all about. Enjoy!
Old 04-20-2014, 09:09 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetteflier
Still love the Intune. I have an A-6 and the TM going away and shifts firmed up is the biggest improvement. Really feels like a new car. When I get on it and it downshifts to 1st with the Bullets screaming, that's what Corvettes are all about. Enjoy!
I concur. I get to try out my custom tune later this week.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:53 PM
SOFLO
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tuned my 2006 C6 with the Diablo 93 tune and saw the same results.

Your ride will definitely get better as the ECM adjusts.

Enjoy!

Originally Posted by C6Tally
Well I loaded the Diablo Tune and drove about 100 miles yesterday. It behaves better at parking lot speeds without the chugging feeling and feels like it pulls stronger in the mid to upper RPM ranges without the lag feeling I felt before.

I'm liking the changes already!

I'm allowing the ECM to adjust a little more before I start the specific tuning process with Lew.
I have my fingers crossed for even more improvements!

Great product Diablosport !!
Old 04-23-2014, 04:34 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SOFLO
I tuned my 2006 C6 with the Diablo 93 tune and saw the same results.

Your ride will definitely get better as the ECM adjusts.

Enjoy!
if you like the "canned tunes" you will love the "custom tune" from lew.
i'm still in the tuning phase with him but so far i'm liking the results.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:30 PM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetteflier
Hoping to achieve the same results...............
Old 05-04-2014, 07:01 PM
FlyerVette
Melting Slicks

Any more updates with your progress with the Diablo C6Tally......??
Old 05-05-2014, 01:13 AM
long_tall_texan
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerVette
Any more updates with your progress with the Diablo C6Tally......??
I can tell you that I'm a very happy DiabLew custom tune customer. Loaded my first tune on my C6Z Friday, put a couple hundred miles on it. Ran great. Then data logged for Lew to verify and tweak if needed. He sent me an updated tune right away. Now I'm putting miles on round 2. Grinning from ear to ear the whole time. Woke up the beast in my mostly stock Z.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:57 AM
canonbkr
2nd Gear

Default Another DiabLew fan!

I am also in my second custom tune by Lew and WOW! I thought the Diablo 93 tune was great.... Then I got Lew's first. All I can say is... SMOKE EM If You Got EM!!!!
Old 05-09-2014, 11:00 AM
C6Tally
Instructor

Hey guys, we've had lots of health issues with Grandma's lately so I've been pretty sidetracked.

Current status is, canned tune loaded, data log performed, first round of Lew Tune loaded and I'm close to 150 miles since then so I will data log again soon for the second round of Lew Tuning.

I am very happy with the results thus far and am thinking that I will need rear tires a little sooner than I had originally planned!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:51 PM
KazViking
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
Thanks guys

C6Tally, let us know how you like it once you get some time to take it for a spin!
Mike: Looks like you're the guy to ask. I have just loaded my 91 octane tune on my 2008 (Stock) C6. The firm shifting and added horsepower is great and I'm very pleased with the results.

I'm staying stock for now but wondering if a custom tune is something I should consider beyond what the 91 octane canned tune has given me or should I wait until I would make other changes to my ride. I'm also not sure who I am to go to for starting this process if I elect to move in that direction.

I will say that the loading of the 91 octane tune could not have been easier and the results are very cool!

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Loading a Diablo Tune

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Loading a Diablo Tune