C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fans will not work

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 05:57 PM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Fans will not work

I installed the dual spal fans in addition to a lot of other work. Very simple install as you just splice the wires. Well they won't run off the ECM.

I did all the normal checks. The famous connector is fine. I replaced the PWM thinking that was it but no. If I bypass the ECM I can get them to run so I know it's not the fans themselves. I tried tricking the ECM to think the coolant temp was 235 and nothing. I am only getting less than 1v at the PWM and believe that should be 12v.

Because of all the work that I did, I just had a start up tune flashed on the ECM so I can start it to look for leaks, etc. can the flash have disabled the fan controller or make the ECM think there isn't a fan therefore it isn't sending a pulse? I own EFI live but just starting to learn about it. The car goes back to the tuner Monday so if this is the case he can fix it, but I would to try and fix before that. If it isn't in the tune, guess I will hard wire it to a switch. Guess he can put stock tune back on and see if that fixes it. Thanks

Last edited by edge04; 04-17-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Fans will not work