C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intune with previous tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 03:42 PM
1987LC2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intune with previous tune

I have a '08 with headers and catless crosspipe. The car has no CEL, seems to run good, and looking on my old Dashhawk the LTFT's seem to be where they should be, so I'm assuming the previous owner had it tuned.

My question:
Can the Intune be used with the unknown tune to adjust things like the fan settings?

I had a Predator on my GTO, and you would back up the original tune, then install a preloaded tune, or install the factory tune with user adjusted parameters.

I was wondering if the same type thing would work, back up the tune that's in the car now, then load it back with fan setting tweaks.

It looks like they didn't touch the fans at all, and I'd rather have the car run a little cooler.

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Yes, you can use the modify stock tune option on the intune just like you did with the predator in the past to edit the existing tune

Edit: unless the previous tune was done with one of our tools....
Old 04-13-2014, 05:05 PM
1987LC2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I loved the Predator and even looked at a '05 Corvette so I could continue to use it.

I would hope the previous owner that traded the car in would include the tuner if they didn't un-marry it, so I'm thinking it was done at a private shop.

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Intune with previous tune

Quick Reply: Intune with previous tune