C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory reset for 2008 A6 TCM tune?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 12:09 AM
NinjaBum
Racer

Received 188 Likes on 103 Posts

Default Factory reset for 2008 A6 TCM tune?

Hey guys, just got my car tuned after headers, but I guess they also messed with the transmission settings. Now when I use the paddle to downshift it won't rev match anymore and lurches all dirty instead of the smooth rev-matched downshift it had when stock. Took like all the fun out of the paddle shifters. I dunno if they disabled the torque management or what but those down shifts are super jerky now. Instead of feeling like being in a manual where you downshifted and blipped the throttle it feels like I'm in a manual car that downshifted, didn't blip the throttle and just let the clutch out fast. I click the paddle, it pauses, then lurches HARD.

Is there some stored setting where they can just revert back to the same settings my car had stock? Or would I have to take it to a dealer to get factory tranny settings restored?

I was happy the way it shifted before...
Old 04-05-2014, 04:55 AM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

have you ran this past your tuner?
Old 04-05-2014, 09:40 AM
NinjaBum
Racer

Not yet. Didn't get done til late last night so I haven't had a chance to talk to them. Pretty much looking for reassurances so I could fall asleep last night and stop stressing.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:34 AM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default might need new tuner

Give your tuner a chance to fix this mess and yes it can all be returned to the factory settings. If he can't tune it to your desires on his next attempt, ask for a refund and definitely go to another tuner.

Where do you live?
Old 04-05-2014, 11:21 PM
NinjaBum
Racer

ABQ. I talked to them today about it and they said they can restore the settings for me. I was more just stressing out last night and wanting reassurances to fall asleep. I was pretty agitated and worried I'd be stuck with a poorly running car for a while.

Get notified of new replies

To Factory reset for 2008 A6 TCM tune?

Quick Reply: Factory reset for 2008 A6 TCM tune?