C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 automatic trans shifting problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 10:00 PM
OHIOSUBGUN
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 automatic trans shifting problems

I have a 2005 base with auto trans and 50k miles. I bought the car this winter and got to drive it for the first time yesterday. The car runs good, and shifts good actually too good can't even feel the thing shift. Problem is I took it out to give it a few quarter mile blasts and the car does not shift fast enough for my liking and keep hitting the rev limiter. The second time it wouldn't shift out of 2nd to third gear manually shifting it at wot and had to get out of it.? Is it normal to have this problem and how do I make this tranny shift faster IE shift kit???
Old 04-01-2014, 11:31 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by OHIOSUBGUN
I have a 2005 base with auto trans and 50k miles. I bought the car this winter and got to drive it for the first time yesterday. The car runs good, and shifts good actually too good can't even feel the thing shift. Problem is I took it out to give it a few quarter mile blasts and the car does not shift fast enough for my liking and keep hitting the rev limiter. The second time it wouldn't shift out of 2nd to third gear manually shifting it at wot and had to get out of it.? Is it normal to have this problem and how do I make this tranny shift faster IE shift kit???
they never shift manually, leave in 3 or drive and let it shift on its own they usually hit the limiter the first pass, get it tuned
Old 04-04-2014, 11:14 AM
paisan7
Heel & Toe

my 2005 has problems shifting out of park
Old 04-04-2014, 11:15 AM
paisan7
Heel & Toe

Default shifting

Originally Posted by OHIOSUBGUN
my 2005 has a problem shifting out of park
Old 04-04-2014, 11:53 AM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by paisan7
my 2005 has a problem shifting out of park
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...l-removal.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ck-in-prk.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...k-finally.html
Old 04-07-2014, 08:41 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by paisan7
my 2005 has problems shifting out of park
make sure to record this issue at www.safercar.gov as the shifter/solenoid is bad and will need replacement often at a cost of 1000.00 by warranty or yourself. The NHTSA is tracking all these issues with GM's cost cutting efforts and safety equipment. Take the time to file a complaint to help with an effort on recall and a new part that actually is designed to repair the issue, the current part is no different than the one in the car.

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 automatic trans shifting problems

Quick Reply: 2005 automatic trans shifting problems