C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette wont start due to security system? How to reset?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 10:14 PM
swangin50
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette wont start due to security system? How to reset?

So I can't get the 05 corvette to start. Replaced radiator and had it sitting awhile and tried to start but no luck.

As soon as I connect the battery, I get in the car and the RED light on the push button start is lit. I then try to start the car by pressing the button and nothing happens. About 10 secs later it goes to acc. mode.

Is the car in theft mode or something?

I replaced the following...
swapped relays to see if one was bad.
new battery
new battery cables and even regrounded to frame
new starter
new push button start switch

No idea what else to do. Any way to reset the security?
Old 04-01-2014, 02:11 AM
spdmn75
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

auto or 6speed? if 6 speed make sure the clutch inhibit switch(under the pedal) is working. or bypass it to test. I assume you have a working FOB to get in the car. If it's cycling on the IGN switch its not the security system. If I remember there is a crank relay in either the BCM fuse box or the under hood. Check all fuses. Under the pass floor mat is another block if you have not found it
Old 04-01-2014, 09:19 PM
swangin50
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by spdmn75
auto or 6speed? if 6 speed make sure the clutch inhibit switch(under the pedal) is working. or bypass it to test. I assume you have a working FOB to get in the car. If it's cycling on the IGN switch its not the security system. If I remember there is a crank relay in either the BCM fuse box or the under hood. Check all fuses. Under the pass floor mat is another block if you have not found it

Its an auto.. I checked all fuses and relays. I then tried to check the wire coming from the solenoid on the starter and get no voltage at all. I tried to jump the starter as if I was bench testing the starter and it does start the car but the cars shuts down instantly.

Do u think it's a bad connection from the starter solenoid to the fuse block? Or how does that all work?
Old 04-04-2014, 04:54 PM
spdmn75
Burning Brakes

Old 04-04-2014, 05:16 PM
spdmn75
Burning Brakes

Old 04-04-2014, 05:20 PM
spdmn75
Burning Brakes

Old 04-10-2014, 03:34 AM
spdmn75
Burning Brakes

Anything resolved?
Old 08-11-2014, 09:54 AM
ANGRY Z
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Resolution?
Old 05-14-2017, 11:22 AM
Greg Scott
7th Gear

Default No start

I have a 2006 Chevy Corvette and having the same issue can get in the car press the start button nothing minute later all the gages move and go to accessory mode have changed daughter battery cables wire to the fuse Box ground on the body starter battery still same problem have had it in for shops and still saying is you know star can someone please tell me what else to check I have notice that during the time they won't start the brake pedal is very hard but all I hear is clicking noises when I press the button. What can it be. I did notice also that when I can't buy extra faab in the car it was cranking all the time what at over time the problem has gotten worse
Old 05-17-2018, 07:43 PM
bwfredette
Racer

Default no solution ever posted.

Hi, this is a very old thread but I have this issue now. same exact symptoms. Do you mind sharing what your fix was.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:23 PM
A/Schreier
1st Gear

This is my first comment on the Forum, so plz bear with me. I too am havin the same problem with my c6z right now. It all started when i revved it past 8192 rpm (That’s the max rpm for the stock pcm map). First, it started with limp mode. That’s happened twice. Then, it stopped talking to the brake control module. So no more anti lock and no more trac control. I used my scan tool to clear the code and continued to drive it. Now, it won’t do anything. Tried scanning it and got no luck. It won’t scan either😬. So, my guess is that the pcm is fried. Don’t take what I’m saying and assume that this is your problem. I’m just giving info on what it could be. I’m changing it this week. If it fixes it, i will respond with the good news🤞
Old 07-31-2018, 10:45 PM
bwfredette
Racer

Default fixed

Originally Posted by A/Schreier
This is my first comment on the Forum, so plz bear with me. I too am havin the same problem with my c6z right now. It all started when i revved it past 8192 rpm (That’s the max rpm for the stock pcm map). First, it started with limp mode. That’s happened twice. Then, it stopped talking to the brake control module. So no more anti lock and no more trac control. I used my scan tool to clear the code and continued to drive it. Now, it won’t do anything. Tried scanning it and got no luck. It won’t scan either😬. So, my guess is that the pcm is fried. Don’t take what I’m saying and assume that this is your problem. I’m just giving info on what it could be. I’m changing it this week. If it fixes it, i will respond with the good news🤞
Good luck. Try pulling the fuse box and pushing it back in, the same with your control modules. Sometimes there is a loose connection.

My fix was two fold. First to flash the PCM with my last tune file (This got me started)--oddly it failed again. so with this I decided to look in to the other issue I had and over looked. The other issue was with the transmission sticking in park and that had forced me to bend the shift lock pin. I drove it that way for weeks and never seamed to be an issue; but when I fixed it, the other problem went away. My thought is that when the PCM didn't detect the signal from the "in park" sensor that it kicked in to some security mode. The car should not need to sense park to start, neutral should work. and in fact it often did work. just some times it would fail and when it did, it caused the PCM to refuse to engage the starter. Why flashing the PCM helped is an odd-ball finding. perhaps it reset some internal counter.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:13 PM
Prince Blackmon
3rd Gear

I have the car at the dealer now, but they are saying they can get the car to connect to the tech 2 so they can re flash the ecm. Im thinking about just ordering a new ecm thats specific to my car to see if that helps. I am lost with this. they $400 just for an electrical diagnostic.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette wont start due to security system? How to reset?

Quick Reply: Corvette wont start due to security system? How to reset?