C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

long tube headers/FAST intake w/Intune?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 09:12 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Default long tube headers/FAST intake w/Intune?

anyone running long tube headers, FAST intake with an diablo sport Intune 93 or custom tune? i'm trying to determine if the Intune with a custom tune will get the job done or if a dyno tune is needed. anyone got first hand knowledge and/or results?

thanks
Old 03-17-2014, 12:55 AM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

From what I've heard you gotta go with a dyno with that set-up. Once LT's are used it's dyno time, especially with FAST.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:27 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

nah.. I can definitely get you hooked up with an inTune + custom tune for your setup, no problem... www.diablewtune.com

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-17-2014, 12:26 PM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Default My where the rubber meets the road "real world" experience with "Intune".

If you check the C6 GS "bolt-on" fast list you will see with headers, cai and an intune "canned" 93 tune with tires I hold the bolt-on record big time.

Second & third place are running similar stuff, but most likely of higher price and quality along with dyno tunes. What else needs to be said except a "custom" DiabloSport tune maybe even better.

You may say to yourself that is a small sample, well if you look at the lighter regular/narrow body LS3 "bolt-on" fast list you will see that they are slower too! running the "same" type of mods.

Bottom Line: It's the tune! and the track will always tell the story.

PS: I love "Kicking A$$" don't you.

But wait, I just checked the C7 "bolt-on" list and it even gets better. The two C7's are stick, however one still has a much better 60 ft. than me yet both are way down on mph (hp) and I have a better et. WOW

I have an OEM air intake assembly that receives cold air and my understanding is that the C7 OEM set-up receives cold air too.

Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 03-18-2014 at 12:32 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:09 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Grand Sport Man
If you check the C6 GS "bolt-on" fast list you will see with headers, cai and an intune "canned" 93 tune with tires I hold the bolt-on record big time.
link to said thread.
nah.. I can definitely get you hooked up with an inTune + custom tune for your setup, no problem... www.diablewtune.com
great...I gathered the long tubes wouldn't be a problem but I wasn't sure about FAST.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:42 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by tennblkc6
link to said thread.
11.32 @ 125 with the diablo tune. 'Nuff said
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...challenge.html
Old 03-18-2014, 03:23 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
Really? So your saying I wouldn't have to go to the dyno to get a tune? I have LT's, Xpipe, Vararam and Corsa.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:18 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

yes that is correct...

Get notified of new replies

To long tube headers/FAST intake w/Intune?

Quick Reply: long tube headers/FAST intake w/Intune?