C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions for EastCoastSupercharging

Old 03-09-2014, 02:40 PM
GCRoberts
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Questions for EastCoastSupercharging

I'll be stopping by the ECS tent this year at Carlisle to get my 2012 GS (w/auto & NPP) tuned. I'll be doing so after getting either 1 3/4" ro 1 7/8" headers installed by ARH. I recently purchased a Diablosport Intune and a Halltech MF103 CAI. I have installed the 93 octane Diablosport tune in the short term, but want to get it replaced after my headers install. I have a few questions for someone from your shop.

1) When you tune my Vette using a canned tune (show price $250), do you use a previous dyno tune for my specific configuration? Or, for example, could I get a tune that was for a LS3 using Kooks headers (not necessarily the same size primary) and a Vararam CAI instead?

2) You also offered dyno tuning for $400 show price in the past. Is this a true dyno tune, or do you install the same tune mentioned in my previous question, then just hook them up to the dyno for a few minutes to give the customer a printout of the "canned tune" performance run against their car.

3) When I purchase my tune from you at the show (whether it be a canned tune or dyno), do you upload that to my DiabloSport InTune? I'm assuming my InTune would have my "original GM" tune, your tune, and all of the InTune canned tunes still available to me. Is this a correct assumption?

Last edited by GCRoberts; 03-10-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:08 PM
GCRoberts
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Well I ended up calling ECS and spoke to Doug. For those that may be interested, I'll put in his answers below. I'll have to paraphrase to do so....

1) When you tune my Vette using a canned tune (show price $250), do you use a previous dyno tune for my specific configuration? Or, for example, could I get a tune that was for a LS3 using Kooks headers (not necessarily the same size primary) and a Vararam CAI instead?

Answer: ECS has a pretty large inventory of tunes and would be able to do an exact match for common combinations. Doug did confirm that they would have a tune for 1 3/4" or 1 7/8" ARH headers and the Halltech CAI intake for my OS.

2) You also offered dyno tuning for $400 show price in the past. Is this a true dyno tune, or do you install the same tune mentioned in my previous question, then just hook them up to the dyno for a few minutes to give the customer a printout of the "canned tune" performance run against their car.

Answer: ECS would start with the canned tune and tweak from there. Approx 20% of the people at Carlisle choose to dyno tune...most just use the canned tune.

3) When I purchase my tune from you at the show (whether it be a canned tune or dyno), do you upload that to my DiabloSport InTune? I'm assuming my InTune would have my "original GM" tune, your tune, and all of the InTune canned tunes still available to me. Is this a correct assumption?

Answer: I would still have the DiabloSport Intune, but I would need to remove that tune from my Vette before they do the ECS tune or I would lose credit for that tune on my InTune device.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:27 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,082 Likes on 655 Posts

Just noticed this thread, good speaking with you today!

Thanks, Doug
Old 03-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

I'm not sure I follow the answer to #3?

if they do the tune with CMR, theres no need to do anything with the intune, it will have stock, canned, and custom tunes.

If they are using a different software package to tune it, then yes, you should remove the intune before they do anything.

Thanks
Old 03-10-2014, 05:59 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,082 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
I'm not sure I follow the answer to #3?

if they do the tune with CMR, theres no need to do anything with the intune, it will have stock, canned, and custom tunes.

If they are using a different software package to tune it, then yes, you should remove the intune before they do anything.

Thanks

He was discussing with me using the In Tune for his other vehicle Mike, so I would return it to stock and just tune it. Otherwise yes I would just make a change in CMR.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Ahh, the beauty of a multi-vehicle tuner

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Questions for EastCoastSupercharging

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Questions for EastCoastSupercharging