C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner & Canned Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 07:10 PM
superfast
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Tuner & Canned Tunes

Does any know a reputable site similar to Americanmuscle.com that have their own tuners working for them? Last year, I purchased an SCT tuner w/ the life time membership tunes from them for my Mustang & I couldn't be happier. Whenever I added a mod to my stang, all I had to do was to fill out & submit the form to them & within 48 hours, they sent me a custom or canned tune via email. They have a number of stangs in their shop & have a sizable canned tune files in their library so most of the time, I would received my new tune within 24 hours. If they don't have one, they will write & test it on one of their stangs before they send it out. Their tunes really woke my stang up & the beauty of it is most of their tunes are street legal so I don't even have to re-flash my ECU back to stock prior to smog check. I would buy another one from them for my 08 C6 but they're for stangs only. Let me know if you know of a site like that for the vette. Thank you.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:28 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

I can definitely get you hooked up!

I am an Authorized DiabloSport dealer and custom tuner....

Do you already have a DiabloSport inTune or Trinity programmer for your vette?

The diablosport inTune or Trinity would both work for your vehicle...

I sell both the inTune and Trinity programmers, and I also offer a package deal as well that includes my custom tuning at a reduced cost so you'd save some $$.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-05-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:13 AM
superfast
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, I don't have a tuner yet as I'm interested in getting one w/ the life time tunes in one package. Please PM me the price. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:57 AM
deadsexyii
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd be very interested in this as well.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 732 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by superfast
Does any know a reputable site similar to Americanmuscle.com that have their own tuners working for them? Last year, I purchased an SCT tuner w/ the life time membership tunes from them for my Mustang & I couldn't be happier. Whenever I added a mod to my stang, all I had to do was to fill out & submit the form to them & within 48 hours, they sent me a custom or canned tune via email. They have a number of stangs in their shop & have a sizable canned tune files in their library so most of the time, I would received my new tune within 24 hours. If they don't have one, they will write & test it on one of their stangs before they send it out. Their tunes really woke my stang up & the beauty of it is most of their tunes are street legal so I don't even have to re-flash my ECU back to stock prior to smog check. I would buy another one from them for my 08 C6 but they're for stangs only. Let me know if you know of a site like that for the vette. Thank you.
What's nice about Diablew custom tunes (06MonteSS) is that the tune is customized to your vehicle in its environment, not one that is at the tuners shop miles away. Mods, altitude and temperature are factors in dialing in a tune for a specific vehicle. This is done by data logging the car being tuned where it is driven.

BTW: Lew does great work.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:30 PM
COSPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 118 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

The reason SCT does that for the fords are everything is mapped out into simple pull down menus (so to speak). It takes them zero time to get a tune file to you that is deemed "good enough" and is usually pretty good. But not 100%.

We also offer a "follow me modding" option with our custom tuning setup. Instead of you just having to use a handheld though, we offer HP Tuners, which has the ability to put ALL the power in your hands as well as tune 3 other GM (and possibly soon) or newer ford applications.

The tunes are customized also for your driving habits and your location. We can also provide guidance to help you learn what is going on and how to read the scans. You can have an innumerable amount of tunes ready to go that are just a minute away from loading onto your car and we also offer tech support on the tuning and any computer issues you may have with communication to the HPT interface AND we sell nearly any part you would need to modify or upgrade your vette as well (and any fords you may have) and we can also give you an idea of the general health of your setup and teach you how to read them.

We also offer HPT/wideband combos so you can know your AFR spot on and even have a gauge in the car to show you all the time as well as map it on the program.

We are THE one stop shop.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:04 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Yes.. this is why I have people do multiple data logs for me throughout the entire tuning process, so that everything is checked out and dialed in correctly....
Old 03-30-2014, 12:27 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
Yes.. this is why I have people do multiple data logs for me throughout the entire tuning process, so that everything is checked out and dialed in correctly....
just purchased a set of headers so you'll be hearing from me as soon as I complete the install.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:23 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

I don't mean to be so blunt, but IMO, tuning your car in a controlled environment is wrong. Do you drive in a controlled environment? Race in a controlled environment?
Logging the car in a real world situation, i.e., how you actually drive it on a regular basis, is the best way to tune anything. Most big cams can't be properly dialed in on a dyno for example. You have to drive it around. See how it behaves under heavy braking, with and without A/C, cold and hot starts, etc. If you do this in an air conditioned living room, it will never be practical on the street with real world IATs and such.

The OEs don't tune in a controlled environment. If they did, you'd likely have great performance and mileage at about 75* ambient temp and wildly varying performance and mileage across the country. Instead, they send calibration engineers on week long road trips across the desert, through Alaskan winters, up and down mountain ranges, etc. This allows them to develop a thorough and safe calibration for all possible conditions that will may be seen by the vehicle.

Besides all that, any software can be remoted into through a PC for live remote tuning, lots of people are doing that these days. Using an example of a vehicle with a stock tune being sprayed on a dyno doesn't hold much water. That was a terrible idea to begin with . I'm surprised Bob was willing to let it happen at all

Thanks
Old 03-30-2014, 05:18 PM
COSPEED
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '10

Mike is right. Trying to do "driveability tuning" on a dyno wont get you where you need to be. Even with an eddy current dyno. There are so many things that can not be simulated. Yes, it IS good to get a dyno tune, but that is only for WOT or in boost applications when you go into boost or with using nitrous. It helps there, but you should also make sure the tune works good on the street.
Actual road tuning is (IMO) 100% necessary for a good tune.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:29 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Very interesting thread for someone like me who knows basically nothing about tuning. I have an Intune coming to put in the base tune, kill TM, firm the shifting and increase the fan %. I expect to gain some hp and definitely better throttle feel. Bullets and a 105S Halltech Superbee are my only mods, so the 91 octane (all we have in CO) should compliment those mods nicely with any hp increase additive to what I already have. While I will need him to hold my hand through the data logging, I would logically need some tweaks to the canned Diablo tune as I'm at 7000' elevation, I plan on getting a custom tune from Lew down the road. I don't have a horse in the race, but from the Predator days on my '06, Mike and Lew certainly have impressed me with the simple fact that they know what they're talking about. A lot of hp gain claims are based on stand alone installation, they are not cumulative, e.g., free flowing exhaust and headers. One may give 15, the other 30, but they don't give you 45 if done together. Exhaust, intake and tune are separate functions entirely, so one can conclude they would be additive. That being said, universal application for the tune is essential and also gives safe increases. Maybe dyno tuning is the best way to go, but price/performance-wise, I like my approach.

Like I said, very interesting thread.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:59 AM
COSPEED
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '10

I would never "recommend" wot tuning on the streets as far as safety goes, but it really depends on what your "tuner" set as a target AFR and timing. $150 seems rather cheap for a street tune though. In all honesty. Only a scan will show for sure if your car is really running as good as you think it is. You would be surprised at the amount of problems someone will ignore if they trust a tuner. Not saying your tune is bad. Just in general. Headers (even the pfadts) arent that hard to tune on an all stock car, and esp on the newer Gen4 comps make it quick as well. The 6spd autos have quite a bit in them.
If the dyno doesnt have a load cell, good luck in finding out if you have any real kr or not under load. That is why the street/track is the best place to prove your wot findings. Id rather the track though.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:59 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

I installed the Diablo Intune in my '13 A-6 yesterday. 91 octane engine tune and 'firm' trannie. The difference was amazing! 1-2 shifts get rubber or the car sideways consistently, and the 2-3 feels like it is throwing the car forward. I have Bullets and the Halltech 105S Superbee, otherwise stock. The Intune woke the engine up far more than I ever thought possible. Maryland Speed was great--terrific price, and I got the Intune from MD to CO in 2 days. The tuner offers a bunch of other features, and I'm not getting into the canned vice dyno discussion. But at 7000' with the ensuing power loss, the Corvette really feels like a Corvette. Can't wait to see it at sea level this year when I drive to Houston--and get 93 octane gas. I think the elimination of Torque Management had a lot to do with it, but I couldn't be happier however it works. Diablo's CS is outstanding, and I recommend Maryland Speed highly.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Awesome, glad to hear you are enjoying it so much!!
Old 06-15-2016, 08:23 AM
Alerotaz
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello, I know this is a older Post but would like to see who a solid tuner is at this time.
I just bought a 2006 C6 , Auto, Convertible with 40,000 Miles. The orignal owner did install a Corsa System. I would like a little bump in power. It doesnt have any other permformance modifications. I dont want to put Mega money into the car with out breaking into the motor. CAI, Tune, and maybe an intake manifold if gains are worth the money. I have a Supercharger on my other car, but dont want to go that far on this one..Well hopefully I dont.. Thank you for any help..
Old 06-15-2016, 09:15 AM
b0xm0ns73r
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Alerotaz
Hello, I know this is a older Post but would like to see who a solid tuner is at this time.
I just bought a 2006 C6 , Auto, Convertible with 40,000 Miles. The orignal owner did install a Corsa System. I would like a little bump in power. It doesnt have any other permformance modifications. I dont want to put Mega money into the car with out breaking into the motor. CAI, Tune, and maybe an intake manifold if gains are worth the money. I have a Supercharger on my other car, but dont want to go that far on this one..Well hopefully I dont.. Thank you for any help..
06MonteSS (Lew) is AWESOME. I already had the canned Intune on my 08' A6 and he did the custom tune after I installed headers. You can't go wrong with 06MonteSS.
The following users liked this post:
06MonteSS (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 10:18 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Diablo Lew is great and you can't go wrong using him to tune your car

Buy the tool , load one of the canned tunes and the TCM tune set to Firm , do your mods , drive it for 100 miles , log it , send him the log and he will custom taylor a tune for your car , upload the tune and your done .

Dave

Last edited by Dcasole; 06-15-2016 at 10:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
06MonteSS (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 01:19 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

yep, I can definitely get you hooked up...

Get notified of new replies

To Tuner & Canned Tunes

Quick Reply: Tuner & Canned Tunes