C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTH is this cars deal??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 10:43 PM
ANGRY Z
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TLTONEY
Do you have the spacer from Vararam between the throttle body and the intake? If you do, remove it and see if that fixes the issue. Mine would deform and cause a vacuum leak. .02
I too have seen that before, but this VaraRam did not come with the spacer, so we do not have one installed.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:16 AM
ANGRY Z
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

So it goes to show sometimes its the simplest things that get overlooked... I was studying the wiring schematics for the entire ECM and sensor system to learn how exactly the 02 sensor system is all tied in (because I was getting codes for the sensors) and noticed that each of the 02 sensors have a pink wire that goes to the underhood fuse box, which is where they all get their power. And guess what? The 15 amp #6 fuse for the 02 sensors was blown. So it got replaced last night and we shall see what happens from here on out and I will keep this thread updated. Maybe it popped because there are now four 02 extensions from the addition of the long tube headers? To account for the possible increased load?/resistance?/draw? a 20 amp fuse was used.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:28 AM
ANGRY Z
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 08-07-2014, 03:54 PM
General Lee
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you make out with changing the fuse? Was the dealership visit still necessary to fix? Watching this and was curious as to how it relates to an issue I'm working through.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:48 PM
ANGRY Z
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by General Lee
How did you make out with changing the fuse? Was the dealership visit still necessary to fix? Watching this and was curious as to how it relates to an issue I'm working through.
The 20 amp fuse that was installed has never blown and the car has been great. It now gets the 28mpg on the highway it should. The car never did go to the dealer (thank goodness). I would have felt like I should always be wearing a helmet if it had went in and they said the fix was a fuse. So, lesson learned here is... check every last fuse as your first step of troubleshooting.

Let me know if you need any of the related wiring diagrams. I have all of the PCM related.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:11 AM
Grok
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Job Angry Z!

You were bang on when you said not to overlook the basics. Thanks for coming back with the summary.

Quick Reply: WTH is this cars deal??