C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about DiabloSport inTune Parameters

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 01:22 PM
ShockwaveGT
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about DiabloSport inTune Parameters

So I went ahead and pulled the trigger and got the inTune. I installed the Diablo tune with hard shifting and didn't adjust any of the other options. Went great and I can feel a nice bit of a low end difference and some kick in the seat off the start.

My question is in regards to the parameters you can tweak. I don't know enough about any of that to start tinkering and was curious if there were any kinds of things I might want to try out for a Base 06 C6 (automatic) with no mods.

I was going to put in the tire size, but since our tires are offset front and rear, wasn't sure how you would input that or if it made a big difference whether you set that or not. If they are factory sizes, did the tune already adjust for that? Is this parameter just in case you put larger wheels/tires on than factory?

Was also curious about any suggestions for the parameters like shift points, fan control, fuel, spark timing and idle rpm, etc.

Any tips? Should I mess with any of those kinds of things or what? Just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of this bad boy.

Thanks.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

No need to make tire size changes if running stock sized tires. If you do change them, the rears are what counts

Shift points and firmness are up to you, Id leave the the timingand fueling params alone without a good reason to adjust them
Old 06-05-2013, 09:27 AM
ShockwaveGT
Drifting

Ok thanks...guess I'll just leave it as is. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything by doing so.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:35 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
No need to make tire size changes if running stock sized tires. If you do change them, the rears are what counts

Shift points and firmness are up to you, Id leave the the timingand fueling params alone without a good reason to adjust them
i read somewhere on the forum (general) that someone messed up his auto tranny by doing the itune. is it possible to screw up the tranny just with a tune? asking because i'm thinking of going that route on my 013, just don't want to mess things up. thanks.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by billyboy47
i read somewhere on the forum (general) that someone messed up his auto tranny by doing the itune. is it possible to screw up the tranny just with a tune? asking because i'm thinking of going that route on my 013, just don't want to mess things up. thanks.
I've never been amde aware of any issue with a tranny after using one of our devices. We have 1000s of happy customers running these tunes. If you see someone with an issue, please let them know I am around, and to let me know

Thanks
Old 06-06-2013, 02:52 PM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Default billyboy47

I hold the "Grand Sport" stock 1/4 mile record (12.31) for a while now and that was with a full tank of gas. I am surprised the record has stood this long; if I had it to do over again I would of used less gas and went to Cecil dragway that day instead of Capitol raceway which is not as fast as Cecil in my book. A (home made) CAI= 12.01 best; added Headers & DiabloSport 93 "canned" tune= 11.52 @ 121.89 best (current GS "bolt-on" record).

Every car/year maybe different so I like testing, so what I would do is install the PCM "canned tune" 91 or 93 and see how it runs at the track than try some of the TCM (transmission) tunes with the PCM tune you have installed and see if the car goes faster; if it does than leave both tunes installed and if not than remove the TCM tune.

Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 06-20-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:25 AM
jkcam6017
Burning Brakes

Since the auto trans was re-worked by GM starting in model year 2012, with faster and crisper shifts coming out of the factory, how much of a gain are you hoping for with any tune?
Old 06-20-2013, 07:39 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by jkcam6017
Since the auto trans was re-worked by GM starting in model year 2012, with faster and crisper shifts coming out of the factory, how much of a gain are you hoping for with any tune?
i'm looking for a little more hp from the car. say like, 20/15 hp and tourqe. i,m not sure you can get that with a tune though. anything else will certainly void my extended warranty for sure. just looking for a quick fix.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by jkcam6017
Trust me, no matter how much GM 'improves' something, there is always room to make it better

i'm looking for a little more hp from the car. say like, 20/15 hp and tourqe. i,m not sure you can get that with a tune though. anything else will certainly void my extended warranty for sure. just looking for a quick fix.
A tune will add about 15 rwhp to your car, and the reduced TM will make it feel like even more
Old 06-20-2013, 10:43 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

Trust me, no matter how much GM 'improves' something, there is always room to make it better

A tune will add about 15 rwhp to your car, and the reduced TM will make it feel like even more
ok mike, i'm a little slow, whats a tm?
Old 06-21-2013, 09:27 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Torque Management
Old 06-21-2013, 12:20 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

Torque Management
thank you, sir.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:08 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Old thread, but on point. I just bought the Intune, had the Predator for my '06 M-6 which I liked a lot, and have a few questions. TM is completely disabled with the 91 octane tune--I have a '13 A-6 now? Also, does the stock 91 octane tune firm up shifting or do you have to go to "modify parameters" to do so? I would think that killing TM would almost automatically imply firmer shifts. If so, I'll try that first and decide if I want to go firmer.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:16 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

On the A6 you will have tunes for the PCM (octane based) and TCM (firm or hard shift). Start with the firm, try the hard if you want it firmer, and you can adjust the firmness yourself within each tune to adjust to your liking if you so choose.

TM is reduced heavily in the PCM and tcm tunes, and as you suspected, just reducing TM does provide for a better shift feel, but the tcm tuning takes it to a new level. Enjoy
Old 03-29-2014, 12:27 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

On the A6 you will have tunes for the PCM (octane based) and TCM (firm or hard shift). Start with the firm, try the hard if you want it firmer, and you can adjust the firmness yourself within each tune to adjust to your liking if you so choose.

TM is reduced heavily in the PCM and tcm tunes, and as you suspected, just reducing TM does provide for a better shift feel, but the tcm tuning takes it to a new level. Enjoy
Thanx, Mike. You were always great when I had questions on the Predator. When you choose the 'Tune' option, I know you go first to the PCM. Do you have to choose 'modify tune' to get to the TCM menu? Or does it come up automatically?

Answered my own question by looking at the Quick Start guide.

Get notified of new replies

To Question about DiabloSport inTune Parameters

Quick Reply: Question about DiabloSport inTune Parameters