C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo inTune personal experience

Old 10-18-2012, 08:44 PM
jpick
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Diablo inTune personal experience

I received my inTune today. So as soon as I get off work, I update it, put in the 91 octane tune, and the firm shift tune, and proceed on a little test run. Wasn't exactly what I had expected. I CERTAINLY did not expect the rear of the car to try becoming the front of the car at 85 mph! HOLY CRAP! Lucky for me I was smart enough to leave the TC and AH in the ON position before testing! I did move on to the 93 octane "Diablo tune". Did not notice much if any "seat of the pants" difference from that of the 91 octane tune while going through the rpm's. The only real noticeable difference between the two was the throttle response. I saw NO reason to load the "hard shift" tune, but I will give it a test run in the next day or two, just to say I know how it acts. My car is an 07 C6 with A6 transmission with 60k miles. PURE STOCK, not even an aftermarket exhaust or air filter. And the "tunes" I loaded are the stock "canned" tunes that came with the inTune. My opinion of this tuner is that it is a MUST have, even if you are pure stock, don't think for one second that you will not benefit from it because you haven't done anything to your car. And while I am at it, I will also say if you are going to buy one, do not hesitate to purchase it through Maryland Speed. They took extremely good care of me! And I am sure any of the vendors on here will take good care of you too, but that was my experience. The DiabloSport inTune is an AWESOME tuner!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Rustysocket
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very happy with mine as well. Haven't played with the 93 tune or the hard TCM tune yet but plan on it this weekend.

Marylandspeed was top notch in their service as well.

Have you run any logs with it yet?
Old 10-18-2012, 10:09 PM
jpick
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rustysocket
I'm very happy with mine as well. Haven't played with the 93 tune or the hard TCM tune yet but plan on it this weekend.

Marylandspeed was top notch in their service as well.

Have you run any logs with it yet?
No I haven't. Just took it for a little 30 minute test run to get the feel of it. I plan to this weekend IF I get to mess with it. Pretty swamped with work stuff for the next 2 or 3 months.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

I love hearing this stuff!
I've experienced this so many time myself, and I love when others get to experience it for themselves.

Thanks for spreading the word, and let us know if you need anything.

Thanks
Old 10-24-2012, 01:01 AM
LSx V
Heel & Toe

Quick question, Do you have to put the stock tune back on when going from diablo tune to another diablo tune?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:35 AM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 730 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by LSx V
Quick question, Do you have to put the stock tune back on when going from diablo tune to another diablo tune?
NO, just load the selected tune. Only when you select "restore vehicle" the Intune will return the oem tune.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:41 AM
LSx V
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3
NO, just load the selected tune. Only when you select "restore vehicle" the Intune will return the oem tune.

Thanks, So I can just load from the diablo 93 tune to the diablo 93 tune again. Because I'm looking to go from the 93 tune with hard shift to the 93 octane with firm shift.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Rev Xtreme
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

The Diablosport canned tunes are great tunes to go with. The guys over at D/S know their stuff and do extensive R&D before releasing products. I have been happy to been working with them since the start of the Hemi motors back in 2006/07, for all my Ford applications, and for all GM mail order tuning.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:30 AM
harts1spitfire
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone know what the trade off is when these 'tunes' are applied? GM had these settings for a specific reason, so what are the affects by making the changes that are in octane 91 and octane 93?
Old 10-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Rev Xtreme
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by harts1spitfire
Does anyone know what the trade off is when these 'tunes' are applied? GM had these settings for a specific reason, so what are the affects by making the changes that are in octane 91 and octane 93?
The 91 and 93 octane tunes from Diablosport (Or custom tunes from us) are on the conservative side. However, with slight air/fuel & timing modifications it allows us to increase the horsepower on a factory car, optimize the fuel economy, and provide transmission tuning.

There really is no "trade-off" you are just optimizing this great GM LSx motor.

- Matt
Old 10-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 730 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by LSx V
Thanks, So I can just load from the diablo 93 tune to the diablo 93 tune again. Because I'm looking to go from the 93 tune with hard shift to the 93 octane with firm shift.
I have a manual so there is no TCM tune folder. My understanding is that you can adjust your transmission setting and re-flash the tune to your setting. Kinda neat for the auto transmission folks!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:40 PM
jpick
Instructor

I see, or feel as the case may be, absolutely NO difference between the "Firm Shift" and the "Hard Shift" what so ever. I tried the "Hard Shift" tune last night. The car shifts much better with either tune installed, but it is FAR from a "Hard" shift. Not sure what the cause, just know its not even anywhere close to what I was expecting.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Rev Xtreme
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by jpick
I see, or feel as the case may be, absolutely NO difference between the "Firm Shift" and the "Hard Shift" what so ever. I tried the "Hard Shift" tune last night. The car shifts much better with either tune installed, but it is FAR from a "Hard" shift. Not sure what the cause, just know its not even anywhere close to what I was expecting.
Remember that Diablosport is providing blanket tunes for all of the transmissions. They cannot push the limits of what they include in the canned tunes for safety. Modifications, and MAF values (Load tables) will govern how the transmission also shifts in conjunction with the base shift parameters.

If you are looking for something that jars your teeth, we can do that in custom tuning, however, transmission life can be effected.

Our custom tunes for the Engine & Transmission would run $149 for your vehicle and I can email back and forth files using your current InTune. We can also get a few more ponies out of the custom engine tune tailoring it to your modifications.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:11 PM
jpick
Instructor

I'm sure I will be needing a custom tune done in the future, but for now, I am bone stock other than the InTune. Next mod is starting to look like wet NOS system, 75 - 175 hp C6 kit. I may change intake and exhaust, haven't decided yet.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:26 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks for the feedback jpick and Rustysocket! We're happy to help!
Old 10-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Rustysocket
Racer

Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed
Thanks for the feedback jpick and Rustysocket! We're happy to help!
And thank you for the great service.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:22 PM
jpick
Instructor

Your very welcome! And as Rusty said, thank you!

Get notified of new replies

To Diablo inTune personal experience

Old 10-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Rustysocket
Racer

Originally Posted by jpick
I'm sure I will be needing a custom tune done in the future, but for now, I am bone stock other than the InTune. Next mod is starting to look like wet NOS system, 75 - 175 hp C6 kit. I may change intake and exhaust, haven't decided yet.
Jpick

Not sure if you have played with any of the adjustable parameters of the tune yet. I have been logging and working on getting my fuel trims dialed in for cruise right now. But I did notice that when I went into adjustable parameters for the ECM the Intune also allowed you to play with shift firmness as well in the TCM area.

Have you messed with any of that yet?
Old 10-28-2012, 04:11 AM
jpick
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rustysocket
Jpick

Not sure if you have played with any of the adjustable parameters of the tune yet. I have been logging and working on getting my fuel trims dialed in for cruise right now. But I did notice that when I went into adjustable parameters for the ECM the Intune also allowed you to play with shift firmness as well in the TCM area.

Have you messed with any of that yet?
I have not. Working on which exhaust I want to go with. Frustrating decision! For some reason, you can't just buy a couple of mufflers and have them put on. Someone had the bright idea that it must be at LEAST an axle back system, like it's illegal to re-use your stock tips or anything! I'm sure it's because it has the name "Corvette" on the car. Guess these companies feel that since you can afford a vette you can afford to pay 3 times as much for exhaust as it would cost for ANY other American made sports car in existence! Gripes my **** really!
The following users liked this post:
Z5108 (12-10-2015)
Old 10-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Rustysocket
Racer

Can't really give you any advice there. Exhaust notes are kind of a personal preference thing. I have BB 4" bullets so it is pretty loud.

I'm learning about the corvette tax myself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diablo inTune personal experience