C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo inTune personal experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 12:54 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
Your PCM monitors and adjusts for changes in elevation, the tune we provide simply follows the same path, while making it a little better along the way.

Elevation is always going to hinder performance a bit, but, you do have the option with our tools of having a good custom tune done remotely based on datalogging so it can be dialed in 100%.

Thanks
Thanx for the response, you've always been very helpful. Just a question: if I get a custom tune at this altitude, how would the a/f ratio be adjusted to achieve maximum performance without the COTS intervening to richen the mix, as happened (I believe) with the Predator? And are you still offering a $100 rebate if the Predator is returned after buying an Intune? Thanks.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:02 PM
AimHigh
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Old 07-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetteflier
Thanx for the response, you've always been very helpful. Just a question: if I get a custom tune at this altitude, how would the a/f ratio be adjusted to achieve maximum performance without the COTS intervening to richen the mix, as happened (I believe) with the Predator? And are you still offering a $100 rebate if the Predator is returned after buying an Intune? Thanks.
COT should generally be disabled during dyno tuning so you can get the AFR you want, then re-enabled after the tune is done, so it can function to protect the cats if needed.

The trade in is if you trade the tool in when you buy the tool, if you already bought one, best bet would be to sell it yourself.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2013, 02:41 AM
Csport
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, does it make improvement on 2012 grandsport auto ? 1st gear is kinda lagging..
Old 07-11-2013, 12:51 AM
MGaryD
2nd Gear

Default MGaryD

Got my new Trinity put on Volant Cold air filter last week on my 2008 C6 convertible with A6 tried the 91 Octane with firm shift. Tried 0-60 with motion start results 0-60.9 in 3.15 sec in 118 feet with TC and AH on.

All I can say is Wow!

Will try Octane 91 hard shift next, then the 93 Octane firm and Hard

Gary
Old 07-11-2013, 04:36 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by MGaryD
Got my new Trinity put on Volant Cold air filter last week on my 2008 C6 convertible with A6 tried the 91 Octane with firm shift. Tried 0-60 with motion start results 0-60.9 in 3.15 sec in 118 feet with TC and AH on.

All I can say is Wow!

Will try Octane 91 hard shift next, then the 93 Octane firm and Hard

Gary
That's pretty damn impressive, especially since your car most likely has the 2.59:1 rear gear ratio? Is your car otherwise stock? If so, Wow is the right expression. The Diablo "hard shift" isn't violent at all, but just really nice and quick. It might not go any quicker though, as it might break the tires loose on the 1-2 shift and ET slightly higher from the loss of traction. But, by all means try it and also try the 93 octane Diablo tune with just the firm shift. My bet is that will make you slightly quicker. Let us know your results.
BTW: Forgive the dumb question, but what is "motion start"?
Old 07-11-2013, 06:31 AM
MGaryD
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by CI GS
That's pretty damn impressive, especially since your car most likely has the 2.59:1 rear gear ratio? Is your car otherwise stock? If so, Wow is the right expression. The Diablo "hard shift" isn't violent at all, but just really nice and quick. It might not go any quicker though, as it might break the tires loose on the 1-2 shift and ET slightly higher from the loss of traction. But, by all means try it and also try the 93 octane Diablo tune with just the firm shift. My bet is that will make you slightly quicker. Let us know your results.
BTW: Forgive the dumb question, but what is "motion start"?
My car has the 2.73 gear ratio option and a cold air intake from Volant that is it, and of course the Trinity 1000 with 91 octane firm shift tune.

The motion start automatically starts the timer when you begin to accelerate, your other option is to use the Drag Tree
Old 07-12-2013, 12:05 AM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How to find out what ratio you have on an A 09?
Old 07-12-2013, 11:18 AM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

COT should generally be disabled during dyno tuning so you can get the AFR you want, then re-enabled after the tune is done, so it can function to protect the cats if needed.

The trade in is if you trade the tool in when you buy the tool, if you already bought one, best bet would be to sell it yourself.

Thanks
So if I buy the inTune, I can trade in my predator for $100 plus the $25 rebate? Just want to make sure. Thank you.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by danl72
So if I buy the inTune, I can trade in my predator for $100 plus the $25 rebate? Just want to make sure. Thank you.
sounds good to me.

gotta go through our site to do the trade in, support/return authorization.

Once you get the inTune, register it, and fill out the rebate form and send it in.

Thanks
Old 07-12-2013, 11:52 AM
danl72
Race Director

sounds good to me.

Once you get the inTune, register it, and fill out the rebate form and send it in.

Thanks
Got it.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:54 AM
danl72
Race Director

sounds good to me.

Thanks
What is the link to your site?
Old 07-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

http://www.diablosport.com

Thanks
Old 07-12-2013, 12:07 PM
danl72
Race Director

How do I do the trade in?
Old 08-05-2013, 09:51 AM
rlp6162
Advanced

I actually have the Diablo Trinity with Lew's custom tune and I have to say that it is definitely worth every penny.

I installed the canned 93 octane Diablo Tune on my 2011 Z06 and right away I noticed much better throttle response, slightly better acceleration, and of course CAGS was disabled.

I drove the recommended 150 miles on that tune, then did my data logging and sent the required files to Lew to work my custom tune. I've only had the custom tune installed for about 25 miles but I will say the car pulls much harder through all the gears. I also love the fact that I can monitor live with the Trinity as well as measure my 0-60, 0-100, 1/8 mile, and 1/4 mile times.

I sent Lew my files on Saturday expecting to get the custom tune back early this week and I was pleasently surprised when Lew e-mailed me my custom tune yesterday Sunday).

So far I'm extremely happy with the Trinity and the customer service has been outstanding. Great job Lew!
Old 08-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by rlp6162
I actually have the Diablo Trinity with Lew's custom tune and I have to say that it is definitely worth every penny.

I installed the canned 93 octane Diablo Tune on my 2011 Z06 and right away I noticed much better throttle response, slightly better acceleration, and of course CAGS was disabled.

I drove the recommended 150 miles on that tune, then did my data logging and sent the required files to Lew to work my custom tune. I've only had the custom tune installed for about 25 miles but I will say the car pulls much harder through all the gears. I also love the fact that I can monitor live with the Trinity as well as measure my 0-60, 0-100, 1/8 mile, and 1/4 mile times.

I sent Lew my files on Saturday expecting to get the custom tune back early this week and I was pleasently surprised when Lew e-mailed me my custom tune yesterday Sunday).

So far I'm extremely happy with the Trinity and the customer service has been outstanding. Great job Lew!
Awesome, very glad to hear it
Old 08-06-2013, 09:56 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Thank you!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Get notified of new replies

To Diablo inTune personal experience

Old 08-08-2013, 02:52 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

I have to agree that Lew is worth every penny. Firstly, I have never experienced better customer service anywhere. This guy responds within like 10-15 mins, no matter what time of day you email him! Secondly, his custom tune is a definite gain over the canned diablo tune, which itself is pretty impressive. Lew has been tweaking the low throttle part of my tune since I installed the headers, and so far it feels better each time I get a new tune from him. He sent me a new one the other night (the 3rd one so far) and I am very impressed with how the car feels now. When my car was stock, it could hardly turn the tires. Now, it will rip the tires in 1st and through 2nd gear until it shifts into 3rd. I launched it a couple of days ago in manual shift mode and had it bouncing off the limiter before I could shift it into 2nd. And Lew hasn't done the WOT tweaks yet. I can't wait to do a proper WOT log and get him to tweak it further.
Once he has done the WOT tune for me, I am going to order a Trinity from him and have him convert the Intune tune to the Trinity format, as my brother wants to buy my Intune now for his Camaro. I would recommend Lew to anyone who wants a custom tune with a Trinity or Intune. This guy is the real deal. Thanks Lew!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Lots of happy customers
Old 08-08-2013, 12:11 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

No problem man, you are welcome!! I provide the same level of customer service to anyone and everyone, as I feel very strongly about great customer service - I know I would want it if it was me... and it's what makes the experience that much more enjoyable/easier for all

Glad you're happy with it and are enjoying your car even more now.... I'll definitely get your brother hooked up too!

Thanks guys!
-Lew

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 08-08-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Diablo inTune personal experience