C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF Table interpretation in HP Tuners grams/sec or lbs/min?

Old 07-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Nexus9
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default MAF Table interpretation in HP Tuners grams/sec or lbs/min?

I’m using HP Tuners latest editing/scan software on a 2012 Grand Sport. Of course, the core adjustment is done with the MAF vs Output Frequency table - which seems confused in this version.

When you hover over the “button” used to select the table, you get a description of the table. In this case, HPT says “This table is used to look up the airflow (g/sec) value for a given frequency…” and then finishes with “I: 0.0 to 529.1 lb/min”.

When you open the table, the numbers would indicate g/sec. But right next to the multiplier field is the label is “lb/min”.

To further confuse things, the table goes to 259 “units” (g/sec?) at 15,000 hz, and ends there – and yet, in a open throttle run on my lightly modified Vette, the scanner records over 350 g/sec at 6250 rpm and 89 kPa.

So the first question is, what is the denomination of the values in the table? If in fact it is g/sec, why would the table end so much earlier than the breathing potential of the motor? And lastly, how do I tune for the cells above 250?

Thank you all in advance for any light you can shed on this.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:09 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Right click on the value and you can choose the units you want to use..... If that doesnt work there is a bug in your install.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:59 AM
4evervette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just looked to 12 GS i tuned in the MAF table 15000hz it goes to 18000 g/s !!

are sure ur just opening one file at time...

to switch between g/s & lbs/min ... go to option the choose metric or imperial

Get notified of new replies

To MAF Table interpretation in HP Tuners grams/sec or lbs/min?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MAF Table interpretation in HP Tuners grams/sec or lbs/min?