C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablosport tune worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Grandsportgodzilla
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablosport tune worth it?

Hey guys just purchased a 2012 grandsport and I am looking to add a diablosport predator tune. This will most likely be my only mod other than an axle back exhaust. I know the tune is worthit as far as power and efficiency but I would like to know if I install the tune and remove it when going to the dealership will they be able to tell it was installed and in turn void my warranty?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

No, there is nothing left behind for the dealer to see, we cover our bases on this subject like no one else

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2012, 12:19 PM
dragpak
Advanced

No problems here and Ive had mine to the dealer for numerous services and warranty work. Its a great tool to have.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:21 AM
Licit
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't forget the convenience of reading a check engine light if it comes on, find out what the code is and then clear it if necessary.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:51 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

There is a difference from will they be able to, and will they check. They can tell the tune has been changed if they check, but normally won't unless its a very major repair. Engine, tranny, etc. This will be debated but I believe what I was told by a friend who is a GM dealer service manager and the directive from GM that I've seen and read.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:01 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

only if you leave the tune installed when you go to the dealer...

if you do the restore original backup process to restore the stock original tune back into the vehicle using the diablo tool, they can not tell a thing...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 04-11-2012, 02:45 PM
2011owner
Advanced

I have the Diablosport intune and have noticed a difference in the performance of my 2011 coupe.

Over the weekend on a closed off road I was able to get a chirp from the tires while the car shifted into second.

This is with an A6. Also I noticed that the tires will "make noise" easier after the tune.

Thank a vet
Old 04-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 2011owner
I have the Diablosport intune and have noticed a difference in the performance of my 2011 coupe.

Over the weekend on a closed off road I was able to get a chirp from the tires while the car shifted into second.

This is with an A6. Also I noticed that the tires will "make noise" easier after the tune.

Thank a vet
Good to hear

Wait till we add TCM support, your shifts will be even better!
Old 04-15-2012, 10:15 AM
2011owner
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
Good to hear

Wait till we add TCM support, your shifts will be even better!
Waiting.
What is the hold up?!?!?!

Thank a vet.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:03 PM
dragpak
Advanced

Any idea when the TCM tunes will be available?
Old 04-17-2012, 10:08 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by dragpak
Any idea when the TCM tunes will be available?
The Trinity already has tcm/tranny support....

the predators will never get it, they are going to be phased out...

the inTune will be getting it in a future free downloadable update, but it does not have it yet...

Old 04-18-2012, 03:00 PM
dragpak
Advanced

What does the Trinity TCM portion of the tune adjust?
Old 04-19-2012, 01:10 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

it has a couple of preset tunes for firm or hard shifting... and then you can also adjust things yourself - shift points, shift pressure, shift speed...
Old 04-19-2012, 02:18 PM
dragpak
Advanced

Thanks for the information.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:18 PM
miami08VETTE
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 562 Likes on 322 Posts

Hey Monte,

A little off topic but since the OP is looking into a tuner maybe not. Can you give us a very quick summary of the differnce between Trinity and inTune. What are the key features that would make one buy one versus the other? I too am in the market and want a quick lesson in these 2 devices.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:02 PM
stew1100
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default My Preditor Tune

Just wanted to let everyone know the result of my preditor tune. I have a bone stock Z06 and loaded the 93 octane tune. I have not had it on the dyno, but I noticed when I first started the engine after the tune, it just sounded stronger. After driving around for a couple of days I really appreciated how much more easily the engine would rev. Driving was just a whole lot more fun. The 1-4 shift no longer being active is great. Well as anyone knows punching the LS7 in first gear is nothing but tire spin. I have a new paved road on the way to work that really hooks. The car just loves for you to come out of the corner in second gear, aim down the long straight away, and just sort of lay down on the throttle. The first time I perform this little morning awaking after I installed the tune, something different happened. Instead of just steppin on down the road like usual, when the engine came up on the cam, the tires started boiling. Traction control kicking in, trying to keep this untamed beast under control. How could this be? This never happened before, the road must have been cold, or I must have just hit a slick spot. so I had to try it again, and make sure the road was under ideal conditions. I did, with the same results. Wow, so this is how this car is suppose to run. The only thing you need to do to make this car any faster, is buy sticky tires, So I did. God, I Love this car.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by stew1100
Just wanted to let everyone know the result of my preditor tune. I have a bone stock Z06 and loaded the 93 octane tune. I have not had it on the dyno, but I noticed when I first started the engine after the tune, it just sounded stronger. After driving around for a couple of days I really appreciated how much more easily the engine would rev. Driving was just a whole lot more fun. The 1-4 shift no longer being active is great. Well as anyone knows punching the LS7 in first gear is nothing but tire spin. I have a new paved road on the way to work that really hooks. The car just loves for you to come out of the corner in second gear, aim down the long straight away, and just sort of lay down on the throttle. The first time I perform this little morning awaking after I installed the tune, something different happened. Instead of just steppin on down the road like usual, when the engine came up on the cam, the tires started boiling. Traction control kicking in, trying to keep this untamed beast under control. How could this be? This never happened before, the road must have been cold, or I must have just hit a slick spot. so I had to try it again, and make sure the road was under ideal conditions. I did, with the same results. Wow, so this is how this car is suppose to run. The only thing you need to do to make this car any faster, is buy sticky tires, So I did. God, I Love this car.
Awesome feedback, much appreciated!

Glad to hear you have a new found love for the car, as it should be
The following users liked this post:
Proud Owner (12-08-2015)

Get notified of new replies

To Diablosport tune worth it?

Old 04-25-2012, 11:23 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by miami08VETTE
Hey Monte,

A little off topic but since the OP is looking into a tuner maybe not. Can you give us a very quick summary of the differnce between Trinity and inTune. What are the key features that would make one buy one versus the other? I too am in the market and want a quick lesson in these 2 devices.

Thanks in advance!
I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car...

as for the difference between the two:

engine tune wise, the preset tunes are the same. and you can get custom tuning done for both of them as well.

the Trinity has some more features, has tcm/tranny support, and the tranny changes are nice. quicker, firmer shifts, you can adjust the shift points, shift firmness, etc..

the inTune does not have tcm/tranny support yet - but it will be getting an update in the near future to add tcm/tranny support, but currently no ETA on that...

now, from MY personal perspective and preferences - the Trinity has better, easier-to-use data logging, a bigger, color screen, so it's easier to go through while it's mounted... I like the Trinity better for data logging, since it has a windshield mount (like a gps), it has multiple gauge styles to choose from, etc. - plus you can watch/view the data (since it's mounted)... the inTune does not have a mount, so you have to hold it or put it on the seat next to you, it's a little harder to figure out and find where the parameters are to log, etc... also, with the Trinity, you can just watch/view data and not have to record a data log - with the intune, if you want to see any data, you HAVE to record a log in order for it to display on the screen - but then you have to hold it while you drive, or put it on the seat next to you since it doesn't have a mount like the Trinity.

the inTune is the predator replacement, so the logging, not having a mount, etc. is all the same like the predator was/is...

Now again, these are MY personal preferences... a lot of people like the smaller inTune better (it's the size of a credit card), and having to hold it or lay it on the seat may be no big deal to them... but for ME, for MY personal preferences, I like my Trinity better...
The following users liked this post:
Proud Owner (12-08-2015)
Old 05-02-2012, 03:42 AM
corveteran67
Heel & Toe

Default difference between

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car...

as for the difference between the two:

engine tune wise, the preset tunes are the same. and you can get custom tuning done for both of them as well.

the Trinity has some more features, has tcm/tranny support, and the tranny changes are nice. quicker, firmer shifts, you can adjust the shift points, shift firmness, etc..

the inTune does not have tcm/tranny support yet - but it will be getting an update in the near future to add tcm/tranny support, but currently no ETA on that...

now, from MY personal perspective and preferences - the Trinity has better, easier-to-use data logging, a bigger, color screen, so it's easier to go through while it's mounted... I like the Trinity better for data logging, since it has a windshield mount (like a gps), it has multiple gauge styles to choose from, etc. - plus you can watch/view the data (since it's mounted)... the inTune does not have a mount, so you have to hold it or put it on the seat next to you, it's a little harder to figure out and find where the parameters are to log, etc... also, with the Trinity, you can just watch/view data and not have to record a data log - with the intune, if you want to see any data, you HAVE to record a log in order for it to display on the screen - but then you have to hold it while you drive, or put it on the seat next to you since it doesn't have a mount like the Trinity.

the inTune is the predator replacement, so the logging, not having a mount, etc. is all the same like the predator was/is...

Now again, these are MY personal preferences... a lot of people like the smaller inTune better (it's the size of a credit card), and having to hold it or lay it on the seat may be no big deal to them... but for ME, for MY personal preferences, I like my Trinity better...
Now THAT was useful info. I'm quite happy with my 08 vert's basic performance, but the AT's sluggish downshifts have always downright irritated me. I'm not a hotrodder, and I'm not into shredding rear tires doing smoky burnouts, and dont plan on tracking my car, but I use my toggles to up and down shift just as I would a manual tranny, and I expect a Corvette auto tranny to outperform my wife's Acura auto. It's not even close! Sounds like the Trinity might be the answer. By the way can the trinity tune in better fuel economy without losing performance? Some of my friends with Vettes brag about getting 30+ MPG at 80 MPH with their C6's. I'm lucky to get 26 mpg at 70-75 MPH.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:13 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by corveteran67
Now THAT was useful info. I'm quite happy with my 08 vert's basic performance, but the AT's sluggish downshifts have always downright irritated me. I'm not a hotrodder, and I'm not into shredding rear tires doing smoky burnouts, and dont plan on tracking my car, but I use my toggles to up and down shift just as I would a manual tranny, and I expect a Corvette auto tranny to outperform my wife's Acura auto. It's not even close! Sounds like the Trinity might be the answer. By the way can the trinity tune in better fuel economy without losing performance? Some of my friends with Vettes brag about getting 30+ MPG at 80 MPH with their C6's. I'm lucky to get 26 mpg at 70-75 MPH.
you can get your fueling adjusted to get your fuel trims in line, and you usually can gain some mpg by doing that... but mileage gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, driving habits/style, how much highway vs. city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 4 mpg increase... tough to say due to the variables in play... but in general/on average, people do tend to gain at least something...

Quick Reply: Diablosport tune worth it?