C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions for ECS, re: handheld and mail order tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 09:55 AM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Questions for ECS, re: handheld and mail order tune

Wasnt really sure whether to PM Doug, Mike, Chris, etc... So figured id post here, and being the holiday I couldn't call, and maybe one of you guys would happen to be on before the BBQ and parties later on!
Or maybe some members have done the same and can chip in... Esp my last question.

I was looking at doing one of your mail order tunes, but kind of wanted to get a handheld programmers like your A6 tune with SCT. I saw in the mail order tune thread some guy got a autocal with tune.
If you guys could hook me with this, would you include/suggest the Autocal or SCT x3?? Also what would the cost be in addition to the $149 for the mail order tune?

Since im only 20 mins from your shop, would I be able to swing and pick it up to expedite?

my info: 2008 m6, vararam, 160stat, kooks 1 7/8" no cats, and z06 muffler (no muffler mod)

Just for sh*ts and giggles, would you suggest a dyno-tune and what would be the cost of that with the handheld??
Or wait till I do a cam in a year or 2 for the dyno-tune?

Thanks a lot guys!
Chris
Old 07-05-2011, 08:39 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

I would suggest the Auto Cal, which are $495 with the tune. However, since your so close I would just go with a street tune for $295 if your just a stock or bolt on car. I can also do the "mail order" style tune here for $149, but if I have the chance to log it then we might as well do so.
A full dyno tune is $449, and naturally I would be happy to do so, but the gains over a street tune are minimal at the bolt on level.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:39 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the reply Doug... If I did the street tune for $295, and still wanted the autocal to retain stock tune (still have a gmpp) and code reader... What would price be? About $650, $495+$150 diff of mail tune vs. street tune?
What kinda gains can I expect over the mail tune?
I'm thinking that this would be best route! I'll save full dyno tune for the cam.
Can you give me a guesstimate range of rwhp & tq I would be around with those mods & ur street tune?

Thanks again., Chris

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
I would suggest the Auto Cal, which are $495 with the tune. However, since your so close I would just go with a street tune for $295 if your just a stock or bolt on car. I can also do the "mail order" style tune here for $149, but if I have the chance to log it then we might as well do so.
A full dyno tune is $449, and naturally I would be happy to do so, but the gains over a street tune are minimal at the bolt on level.

Get notified of new replies

To Questions for ECS, re: handheld and mail order tune

Quick Reply: Questions for ECS, re: handheld and mail order tune