C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A new old tuner now active in Louisville

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Tree1985
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A new old tuner now active in Louisville

Please bare with me on this post because I had an amazing experience at a local shop, Auto-Motion in Louisville, KY. When ChargedC5 and I put an A&A kit on my '06 Z51 A6, the only tuner in town (with a dyno) was at Auto-Motion so by default, I went there. Their specialty at the time was STI's, EVO's, and Mustangs. Very few LSx went through there and it was evident. I had a few problems with my original tune. The last time I went in, they fixed a few things but there were still some inherent problems. Namely, stalling on WOT from a dig and knock at the upper end of the RPM range. The A6 was another issue as far as poor shift points and unresponsiveness at lower RPMs. There were also a couple of "unexplained" timing squirreliness that remained a mystery. Needless to say, I was going to wait until I could get back to the East coast and schedule something with Chuck at CoW on my way to Boston to get it done right.

ChargedC5 went there a couple of weeks ago and met their new Tuner, Rob Raymer who has a ton of experience with LSx engine tuning. He got some amazing numbers on his tune and he told me about Rob and the hundreds of LSx engines he has tuned. ChargedC5 told Rob about my continuing issues and he insisted that I call.

So I did. He got me in right away and went through the old tune, reset everything back to stock and started over. He kept me informed of everything he was doing and why.

He spent all day on it with the dyno and diagnosing the problems and got some amazing numbers. The end of the day came around and he still wanted to do drivability tuning, but didn't have time to do it the same day because of an evening Dr. appointment and asked if I could leave the car. I explained a logistics issue with regard to transportation (i.e. 2 cars in town and me living pretty far out of town). This is where it gets even better... Rob then said, "Why don't I do this. I'll take the care home with me, go to my Dr. appointment then tweak the drivability pieces and drop it off at your house?" It took me a second to register. I pushed back a bit saying he didn't have to do it, but he insisted.

So Rob shows up at my house at 8 p.m. with my baby all tuned. I drove him back home and he explained everything that he did, where the shift points were, etc. and I got to experience all the differences with him in the car answering all of my dumb questions with patience and professionalism.

Rob went way above and beyond to make sure I had a good experience with him and Auto-Motion.

Here are the results (everything stock with the exception of the A&A kit and RaceTronix wiring warness):
Initial Dyno pull: 531 RWHP and 494 RWTQ
New Dyno numbers: 577 RWHP and 525 RWTQ
AND...It drives like a whole new car. Shift points where I need them at all levels of the RPM spectrum. A safer tune with a little more richness and less boost (8 PSI vs. 9+). Some new springs are needed and possible a fuel pump/BAP replacement to get the most out of it, but wow what a difference.

I highly recommend Rob Raymer to anyone in the Midwest. Personable, professional, knowledgeable and truly understands what good customer service is.

Thanks Rob!

BTW Everything was free of charge!

Last edited by Tree1985; 09-24-2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Added that is was all done for free
Old 09-24-2010, 09:03 PM
chargedc5
Burning Brakes

Jay,

I agree that I think Rob is one of the best around not only as a tuner but now as a friend. His knowledge is unbelievable and he's not scared to help people and explain what and why he is doing things the way he does them.

Wes
Old 09-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Rob Raymer
Racer

You guys are making me blush!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:12 PM
spoolin7
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i didn't know there were more blown vettes in the area! rob definitely knows his ****! he's been helping my tuner learn the ins and out of hp tuners. he won't admit it on here, but he secretly wants an evo
Old 10-27-2010, 05:32 PM
tomiboy
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

How far is Rob from the Chicago area?
Old 10-30-2010, 07:31 AM
Rob Raymer
Racer

Originally Posted by tomiboy
How far is Rob from the Chicago area?
We're in Louisville, Ky. About an hour and a half drive from Indianapolis (if that helps any).
Old 11-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Pimpedc6
Advanced

I am guessing the dyno machine is back open. I tried calling and scheduling a dyno run a few months ago and the dyno was down and the new dyno hadnt been installed yet. I am glad to hear you all are back up and running and I will be calling too have a few dyno runs done.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Rob Raymer
Racer

Originally Posted by Pimpedc6
I am guessing the dyno machine is back open. I tried calling and scheduling a dyno run a few months ago and the dyno was down and the new dyno hadnt been installed yet. I am glad to hear you all are back up and running and I will be calling too have a few dyno runs done.
It's definitely up and running! Automotion also went ahead and updated both dyno's with all of the latest Mustang Dyno hardware and software. So they're ready when you are....
Old 12-16-2010, 03:54 PM
talon77
Advanced

Rob Rocks! :-)

Took my 06 vette to him for some retuning and its a world of difference. I unloaded it yesterday before the weather hit and took it for a spin... nothing but HUGE increases over my previous "tune".
Rob has a great attitude, easy to get in touch with and very customer focused. Bringing him some other cars to tune next week!!

Thanks Rob,

Billy
Old 12-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Rob Raymer
Racer

Originally Posted by talon77
Rob Rocks! :-)

Took my 06 vette to him for some retuning and its a world of difference. I unloaded it yesterday before the weather hit and took it for a spin... nothing but HUGE increases over my previous "tune".
Rob has a great attitude, easy to get in touch with and very customer focused. Bringing him some other cars to tune next week!!

Thanks Rob,

Billy
You're very welcome Billy! To be honest, I hated to let you have your car back!! If I still had my "silver car collection", you might not have gotten it back!! lol

Can't wait to get started on your other projects! You have some INCREDIBLE cars!!!!!

Take care,
-Rob
Old 12-17-2010, 09:09 PM
talon77
Advanced

lol.... Thanks man! Hopefully we'll get them all running the way they NEED to be!! Appreciate all your help man. You and Cindy up there at Auto-Motion are too cool man!! I think my brother may be getting nervous now :-D haha

Billy

Get notified of new replies

To A new old tuner now active in Louisville

Quick Reply: A new old tuner now active in Louisville