C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor out right after getting tuned?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 06:34 PM
SunsetStroker
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default O2 Sensor out right after getting tuned?

I had my car tuned when I 1st moved down to Houston for the change in sea level from Midland. I was told the car didn't run so great and had a reputable shop dyno and street tune it for me. Ran great when I left the shop but as soon as I got home, the engine light came on. The code says its one of the front O2 sensors. Is this just coincidence that it went out right after the tune or has someone had this same issue? I think my car was running pretty rich with the 1st tune I had so I'm not sure if that messed an O2 up? Should I just replace the sensor and see what happens?

Thanks guys!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:26 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Before I bought a replacement I would verify that it's properly plugged in.

BJK
Old 07-06-2010, 10:29 PM
articvett
Instructor

What was the code that came up?
Old 07-07-2010, 10:49 AM
SunsetStroker
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by articvett
What was the code that came up?
Ok I'll go check the connection now but dont think thats it.

I believe it just says front passenger side 02 no signal or something simular to that.....
Old 07-11-2010, 06:06 AM
Big Turkey
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Brad, it is rare for a 02 sensor to say no signal. The 2 most common codes will be 02 Bank 1/2 low voltage, or slow response. If it says no signal that means it's either unplugged or the wire melted.

Couple of things to check:

1. If you have long tubes, make sure that the connection to the 02 extenders are still connected, or did not melt.

2. Check to make sure when they did your retune they did not take out a 02 to put a widebang one in there which is the wrong way to do it anyways, but I have seen it happen TWICE. And those two people are local to us and came to me to get a retune. After spending an hour on the dyno, the car was all over the place. I checked the 02 wiring and sure enough the extender was half melted from touching the header.

Right before they came to me they had purchased and installed long tubes at another shop, so just some things to check.

Does the car run okay or does it stumble and hiccup?
Old 07-11-2010, 12:20 PM
SunsetStroker
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Big Turkey
Brad, it is rare for a 02 sensor to say no signal. The 2 most common codes will be 02 Bank 1/2 low voltage, or slow response. If it says no signal that means it's either unplugged or the wire melted.

Couple of things to check:

1. If you have long tubes, make sure that the connection to the 02 extenders are still connected, or did not melt.

2. Check to make sure when they did your retune they did not take out a 02 to put a widebang one in there which is the wrong way to do it anyways, but I have seen it happen TWICE. And those two people are local to us and came to me to get a retune. After spending an hour on the dyno, the car was all over the place. I checked the 02 wiring and sure enough the extender was half melted from touching the header.

Right before they came to me they had purchased and installed long tubes at another shop, so just some things to check.

Does the car run okay or does it stumble and hiccup?
Kooks long tubes. Yeah it stumbles, sputters, and dies when coming to a stop with the A/C on. Hopefully all related to the bad 02. I really don't remember what the code said but my tuner said the front passenger 02 is out.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:23 PM
articvett
Instructor

If the front 02 isn't working the car will run bad.I am sure it will be something simple.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:39 PM
SunsetStroker
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by articvett
If the front 02 isn't working the car will run bad.I am sure it will be something simple.
Cool I sure hope so

Get notified of new replies

To O2 Sensor out right after getting tuned?

Quick Reply: O2 Sensor out right after getting tuned?