C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo Trinity

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

So who is selling it for less then $599? Anyone have special pricing out there?
Old 06-18-2010, 08:34 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...wtopic&t=23718
Old 07-28-2014, 01:36 PM
swaffordrvt
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default purchased this product last week for my C5

Let it be said that this is my first experience with a tuner. I thought I did my homework, but obviously I didnt. I wanted it to make custom tunes as I put on Corsa Axle backs, cold air intake and 19" wheels in front and 20" in the rear. I also wanted it so when put on long tube headers, x pipe and possibly cams I could install custom tunes for the add-ons. After reading instructions I found I couldnt make or download tunes based upon my mods. I went from 19 mpg to 9 mpg with the canned diablo tune. Since I have very limited experience with tuners, I tried to call tech support at Diablo on Friday. I was on hold for over 35mins before I got pissed and hung up. Poor Poor Customer service. Tried calling a total of 3 times with no success. Cannot return if its been opened. Im not a happy camper. If you have to pay extra for custom downloads, its not cool.. This tuner was $600.00. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:39 PM
swaffordrvt
4th Gear

Default purchased this product last week for my C5

Originally Posted by Cor430vette
So who is selling it for less then $599? Anyone have special pricing out there?
I will sell mine. Only 1 week old. $525.00
Old 07-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

I respond to just about every thread here relating to our products, thats better support than you'll find from most

If you had asked me I would have been very up front about what the tools capabilities are, and those questions have been covered here quite a bit as well. Its not common to see someone complain about the things that you are not happy with, but we do offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee, there should be no reason you can;t return it for a refund.

I'd suggest looking into one of the full tuning suites to gain access to the tables you need, but it is a steep learning curve from a handheld to one of those suites to tune the car yourself, good luck with your future decisions.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2014, 09:04 PM
swaffordrvt
4th Gear

Default Thank you Mike.

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
I respond to just about every thread here relating to our products, thats better support than you'll find from most

If you had asked me I would have been very up front about what the tools capabilities are, and those questions have been covered here quite a bit as well. Its not common to see someone complain about the things that you are not happy with, but we do offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee, there should be no reason you can;t return it for a refund.

I'd suggest looking into one of the full tuning suites to gain access to the tables you need, but it is a steep learning curve from a handheld to one of those suites to tune the car yourself, good luck with your future decisions.

Thanks
Can you tell me exactly what this tuner is used for.. I think I have a misunderstanding about handheld tuners use and limitations. I know my friend has a Mustang GT and he got a SCT tuner. They send him the downloads for free when he adds mods and then he just uses his handheld to install the tune.. I thought that is what this was.. I will return it and try to educate myself a little more... Thanks again.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:05 PM
swaffordrvt
4th Gear

I wished I had talked with you before purchasing. lol. Your commitment to the forum is admirable.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:18 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Yeah, you can't compare it to what your friend with the Mustang did.
In the Mustang market, there are 'tuners' beating each other up to sell handhelds at the same price so they offer 'free custom tunes' with the purchase.
Take a tool that has no canned tunes by default, stick some canned tunes in it, and they become custom tunes

You have to realize the time and effort it takes to properly create a tune for most vehicles, and appreciate that no sane person is doing that for free. If they are, they are likely not qualified to be doing it.

Our tunes are designed for stock to mildly modified vehicles, and the devices support custom tuning from our CMR tuners who can support just about any level of modification through in house or remote/email tuning.

The tools have logging capability, they offer PCM and TCM tunes and end user adjustable parameters for stuff like rev and speed limits, idle speed, shift points, shift firmness, fan controls, WOT spark and timing, and more.

If you were hoping to get some custom tunes, they are available, albeit at a fee.
Shops like ECS on here can do it, as well as DiabLew, who has been off the boards of a bit with an illness.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2018, 09:09 PM
Pmorgan
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
The tunes will add some nice power to the car, and you also get a full color touch screen, live data monitoring from custom configurable virtual dash layouts, a built in virtual dragstrip with 0-60, 0-100, 1/8th and 1/4 mile tests, including a full drag tree, and more, including future SD card support, and free updates for the life of the product.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Does the Diablo Trinity or Predator come with tunes for optimizing a stock 2011 Grand Sport? Maybe to optimize throttle response, shifting efficiency, etc.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,631 Posts

Originally Posted by Pmorgan
Does the Diablo Trinity or Predator come with tunes for optimizing a stock 2011 Grand Sport? Maybe to optimize throttle response, shifting efficiency, etc.
Dredging up a pretty old thread here ( 4 years old .... )

yes it does but it depends on what you want ... you can email me thru these forums and I will try to help

Dave

Quick Reply: Diablo Trinity