C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners 1-2.5 bar E38/E67 ECM's features

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:24 AM
0foff667
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HP Tuners 1-2.5 bar E38/E67 ECM's features

Over the past couple of years GM has changed their coding from what most had become accustomed to with LS1's...some of their changes have been for the better(MAF limits moved upwards for many 08' models) and others for the worse(IFR table limited to 63.5 lb/hr & Fan temp turn ons start at 192*F) what we've tried to do is take the best of what GM offered & improve on them :chug:

Our final hopes with this Custom OS is that you'll be able to run anything from a standard 1 bar maf tune all the way to 2.5 bar utilizing a REAL VE table that we've all come to know and love, we've also doubled the max airflow limit of the maf for guys that want to stick with a maf tune!

Anyways here's the skinny on the rest of the features as posted on our forum http://www.hptuners.com/forum/index.php

Hi guys,

Some of you are aware that we have been working on a 2.5bar solution for the E38 ECM's that no longer have a VE table. After a few issues, I completed the last internal devtest session today where finally everything worked as planned on the dyno

We've incorporated a number of powerful new features that brings the HP Tuners solution well ahead of any stock operating system solution. Here's a quick rundown on the features, some of which will be familiar to those that have used our enhancements before.

This E38 enhancement contains the following features:
- 2.5 bar (255 kPa) max MAP sensor support (calibration capability for GM 0-5V linear MAP sensors)
- Rescaled MAF High Freq table supports up to 15400 Hz with 300 Hz resolution, also supports airflow up to 1024 g/sec
- New VE tables with 33 x 33 cell resolution each and configurable MAP and RPM axes (choose your own resolution)
- Charge Temperature based VE multiplier table, configurable axis
- TPS based VE multiplier table, 33 x 17 cells with configurable TPS and RPM axes
- MAP referenced Boost Enrich table
- Boost Enrich MAP threshold and hysteresis value
- Both MAF and Speed Density mode supported
- Boost based fuel cut, selectable MAP threshold cuts fuel to all cylinders when exceeded
- Rescaled fan temperature axis 163-250F (73-121C), stock is 192-250F (89-121C)

The MAF High Freq table has been rescaled to 5800-15400Hz at 300 Hz resolution and the maximum airflow limit for this table has also been adjusted to allow up to 1024 g/sec (instead of the stock 512 g/sec). This is excellent news for boosted applications that want to retain the MAF but reach higher than the stock 12200Hz and 512 g/sec limits.

There are three new VE tables. Two Normal tables (one for the intake manifold control open and another for closed) and one Displacement On Demand (DoD) VE table. For vehicles that do not have intake manifold control and/or DoD it is a good idea to set all three VE tables the same. There are also VE multiplier tables that can be used to change (multiply) the VE value based on Charge Temperature (Manifold Air Temperature) and TPS/RPM. The TPS Multiplier table can be useful for tuning large camshafts. On various tables the RPM/MAP/TPS axes are fully configurable, you can set the resolution to suit your application. The defaults are suited up to around 10psi boost (175 kPa) with 5 kPa MAP resolution and 200 RPM resolution from 400-6800 RPM.

Boost enrichment functions as per our other enhancements, with an enable MAP, hysteresis and Boost Enrich table. Boost enrichment also triggers open loop fuelling. The ECM will use the richest of the PE table and the Boost Enrich table values when fuelling.

The new Boost Fuel Cut feature will cut fuel to all cylinders whenever boost is above the enable MAP value. There is also an enable/disable option for this feature. It is a complete fuel cut to all cylinders when active. This could be used by engine shops who supply turbo chargers with electronic boost controllers to protect against customers winding the boost up higher than the engine internals can handle. It could also be used as a valet tune kind of feature.

Overall, the devtest results are very promising with the folks looking in on the testing very happy to return to "normal" VE table style tuning, the HUGE tables, the awesome flexibility and customization possible with the configurable axes and also looking forward to the possibilities of extended MAF tuning with exotic MAFs or maybe even the new LS3 MAF. The fan axis lowering is also one that was well received!

As i mentioned above, at present we will start out with a limited beta for the Aussie VE Holdens with a specific operating system ID (covers most if not all VE's). Assuming the limited beta goes well then after SEMA we will begin the large'ish task of integrating all the E38 and E67 OS's we currently support for the US and other markets. I would like to offer a US beta also initally, but with the many deadlines to meet before SEMA this is the best plan we could make.

Chris...
Told ya it was only gonna get better

Last edited by foff667; 10-11-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Tuner@Straightline
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank You! I've been waiting for this!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Joe Lynch
Pro

St. Jude Donor '09-'11

Looks great!!
Joe
Old 10-20-2007, 01:08 PM
edcmat-l1
Melting Slicks

BETA: PICK ME PICK ME!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 06:37 AM
R50THC5
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Default protecting tune vs Dealer

Taking car in for svc active handling DIC msg.. TSB out on it (C0710). What rstriction should I tell the dealer to protect my EFI live tune (procharger installed). Can I assume (I know), that just reading codes is a safe proceedure. I do not want them to uplaod anything to the computer that will screw my tune. I am not up on computer tech as it is. Any info help greatly appreciated
Old 10-21-2007, 07:43 AM
edcmat-l1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by R50THC5
Taking car in for svc active handling DIC msg.. TSB out on it (C0710). What rstriction should I tell the dealer to protect my EFI live tune (procharger installed). Can I assume (I know), that just reading codes is a safe proceedure. I do not want them to uplaod anything to the computer that will screw my tune. I am not up on computer tech as it is. Any info help greatly appreciated
Just tell them not to flash it.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:24 AM
99 torch red vette
Drifting

will this OS work on a 06 C6 with a vortech kit with 60# injectors?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:19 AM
0foff667
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 99 torch red vette
will this OS work on a 06 C6 with a vortech kit with 60# injectors?
Yes it should work on all 06-08 Corvettes once we've gone through all the Australian & american calibrations. Thats not to mention the hundreds of other applications

Old 10-30-2007, 12:12 PM
99 torch red vette
Drifting

so when will this be ready for release?
Is this the ultimate solution for a supercharged car (2006) for use of a 2 bar map sensor and retaining the MAF functions?
Old 11-04-2007, 12:08 AM
0foff667
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 99 torch red vette
so when will this be ready for release?
Is this the ultimate solution for a supercharged car (2006) for use of a 2 bar map sensor and retaining the MAF functions?
We feel it will be the only way to go when it comes to FI and NA applications

Old 11-04-2007, 06:19 AM
99 torch red vette
Drifting

awesome!!!
so when is it coming out, i need it now...
Old 11-04-2007, 09:44 AM
0foff667
Former Vendor

As i mentioned above, at present we will start out with a limited beta for the Aussie VE Holdens with a specific operating system ID (covers most if not all VE's). Assuming the limited beta goes well then after SEMA we will begin the large'ish task of integrating all the E38 and E67 OS's we currently support for the US and other markets. I would like to offer a US beta also initally, but with the many deadlines to meet before SEMA this is the best plan we could make.
as quoted from the original post.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:15 PM
0INTMD8
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome work guys
Old 11-12-2007, 10:23 PM
siffert
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by foff667
Over the past couple of years GM has changed their coding from what most had become accustomed to with LS1's...some of their changes have been for the better(MAF limits moved upwards for many 08' models) and others for the worse(IFR table limited to 63.5 lb/hr & Fan temp turn ons start at 192*F) what we've tried to do is take the best of what GM offered & improve on them :chug:

Our final hopes with this Custom OS is that you'll be able to run anything from a standard 1 bar maf tune all the way to 2.5 bar utilizing a REAL VE table that we've all come to know and love, we've also doubled the max airflow limit of the maf for guys that want to stick with a maf tune!

Anyways here's the skinny on the rest of the features as posted on our forum http://www.hptuners.com/forum/index.php
Told ya it was only gonna get better
This is all chinese to me...could you explain in plain English what all this means?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:51 AM
0foff667
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by siffert
This is all chinese to me...could you explain in plain English what all this means?
in the later pcm's GM basically took 1 table & turned it into 20 tables and while this may be great for GM & its calibrators its very confusing & way over the head of most including myself.

Basically what we did was took the best features of the past 10 years of LSX based pcm's and implemented it into this custom OS.

Bottom line is it will be easy to understand with more functionality than any other solution out there.

-Bill
Old 11-13-2007, 02:21 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by foff667
in the later pcm's GM basically took 1 table & turned it into 20 tables and while this may be great for GM & its calibrators its very confusing & way over the head of most including myself.

Basically what we did was took the best features of the past 10 years of LSX based pcm's and implemented it into this custom OS.

Bottom line is it will be easy to understand with more functionality than any other solution out there.

-Bill
So you're saying that my 07, which has no VE tables can now have an OS with VE and then maybe an SD tune??

BJK
Old 11-13-2007, 06:23 PM
0foff667
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 07MontRedcp
So you're saying that my 07, which has no VE tables can now have an OS with VE and then maybe an SD tune??

BJK
Absolutely!

Get notified of new replies

To HP Tuners 1-2.5 bar E38/E67 ECM's features

Old 11-14-2007, 03:03 AM
trinydex
Intermediate

how many are using this?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:20 AM
0foff667
Former Vendor

There are a good handful of beta testers in austrailia using it on the E38 equipped Holden's. We just got back from the SEMA show about a week ago & are now starting to do the coding for the american versions of this same pcm.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:36 AM
99 torch red vette
Drifting

I can't wait...
I hope it is realeased soon for the US..

Quick Reply: HP Tuners 1-2.5 bar E38/E67 ECM's features