Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

WTB: what is the name of this part? please help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 05:05 PM
gukliko
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the name of this part? please help!

hello, i have c6, have problem can not concrete the name of this part, is it reverse lockout solenoid or skip shift solenoid? or what is it? and where to buy?
thanks a lot

Old 11-05-2020, 09:05 PM
916Z06
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

See below.

Old 11-07-2020, 05:54 AM
gukliko
Cruising

thanks a lot for support, as i guess this is the thing in yello appear onboard when to shift directly to 4th gear from 1st? am i right? if yes, can i cancel it at all and remove it at all? thanks again
Old 08-28-2021, 11:45 AM
MVette146
Cruising

I got a skip shift eliminator kit from West Coast Corvettes. It was a pretty easy install; unplug the cable from the solenoid, plug it onto the resistor connector from the kit (so the computer thinks the solenoid is still connected and doesn't make the check engine light come on), and plug the dummy plug from the kit onto the solenoid so the terminals don't get messed up in case you want to go back. Zip tie the harness with the resistor connector so it stays put. It works great, the yellow 1-4 light still comes on but it doesn't skip.

You might still want to replace the solenoid on yours or see if you can replace a gasket or seal on it since it looks like it is leaking, someone more mechanical can comment on that more.

Get notified of new replies

To what is the name of this part? please help!

Quick Reply: WTB: what is the name of this part? please help!