Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

FS: STS Twin Turbo Kit - C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 04:16 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 278 Posts
Default STS Twin Turbo Kit - C6 Z06

STS Twin Turbo System from a C6 Z06

The local performance shop here says they can easily install it on my grand sport , so Im assuming it compatible with Grand Sports as well but pls do your own research to be sure. ,The inlet pipe would probably need to be crimped from 3 inches to 2.5 for a NON Z06 car.

You will need 3 things in order to make this kit work , Injectors , A tune , and wiring to hook up the oil pump to a power source.

The performance shop and my local general mechanic both told me the wiring for the pump is a basic task for any certified mechanic , needs a positive, a ground, and a relay using a 10 or 12 gauge wire.

This kit was a take off from a Z06, the owner wanted to go north of 1000WHP and this kit isn't designed for that , I believe 700-750 HP is about as far as it can safely take you.

The turbos and tips look barely used , same as the clamps and hoses etc... , the kit is super clean and looks well cared for.

I purchased this set up with the intent on installing it on my 2011 Grand sport , but I found out after that the cam I have installed is not designed for a turbo application, and I would need to swap that out , which adds more money and complexity to my install, so im on the fence as to whether or not I want to do that or not.

Im open to trades for high end 3 piece wheels made for C6 widebodies. Or cool corvette parts , vented hoods , spoiler, body kits etc....

$3900 including shipping anywhere in north America

Thank you very much

Last edited by 1Willy1; 04-22-2020 at 01:45 AM.
Old 04-18-2020, 04:31 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Few more photos

Old 04-18-2020, 04:39 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Few more ......

Old 04-18-2020, 06:43 PM
zamora7
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Location?
Old 04-18-2020, 06:44 PM
zamora7
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zamora7
Location?
nvm, Toronto, damn
Old 04-18-2020, 06:49 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by zamora7
nvm, Toronto, damn
Yes Toronto, i can ship anywhere in north America no problem

I can get decent rates through UPS

Last edited by 1Willy1; 04-21-2020 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-19-2020, 11:47 AM
TheFNG
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wheel trade? Three piece forged OZ racing wheels. 19/20 setup plus some cash on my end.

Old 04-19-2020, 02:47 PM
pandulce
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Stupid question; will this bolt up to a base 2009?
Old 04-19-2020, 03:59 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TheFNG
Wheel trade? Three piece forged OZ racing wheels. 19/20 setup plus some cash on my end.

I'll pm you now , it depends on what you are valuing the wheels at

Thanks

Originally Posted by pandulce
Stupid question; will this bolt up to a base 2009?
To be honest i dont know, but any good performance shop should be able to make it work even if it needs some customizing.

I'd call up a reputable shop and ask them what they think
Old 04-19-2020, 04:24 PM
pandulce
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks only thing I wouldn’t be doing myself is the tuning.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:10 AM
Long_AV8R
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 61 Posts

I purchased one of these for my base and I can tell you that this won't fit a base without changing the inlet size as the base model uses a 2.5" inlet and the Grand Sport/Z06's use a 3" inlet. Also, if you are going to change the injectors you will also need a Diablosport tuner to map it right or immediate damage will result to your engine - STS's words, not mine. I have not installed mine yet as I am doing some other mods first, but without the injectors, its supposed to be good for a little over 500hp at the wheels @ 5 psi, bigger injectors and tuning will get you more up to 720hp or so. The injectors that come with this were 65lb injectors in case anyone was wondering, but that can be adjusted to fit your tune. I do not know what a boost pump is though so you might want to double check that. The only pumps in this kit are (2) oil pumps that feed the turbos so I assume that's what you are referring to?
Old 04-20-2020, 12:41 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Long_AV8R
I purchased one of these for my base and I can tell you that this won't fit a base without changing the inlet size as the base model uses a 2.5" inlet and the Grand Sport/Z06's use a 3" inlet. Also, if you are going to change the injectors you will also need a Diablosport tuner to map it right or immediate damage will result to your engine - STS's words, not mine. I have not installed mine yet as I am doing some other mods first, but without the injectors, its supposed to be good for a little over 500hp at the wheels @ 5 psi, bigger injectors and tuning will get you more up to 720hp or so. The injectors that come with this were 65lb injectors in case anyone was wondering, but that can be adjusted to fit your tune. I do not know what a boost pump is though so you might want to double check that. The only pumps in this kit are (2) oil pumps that feed the turbos so I assume that's what you are referring to?
Thanks for the info , we asdumed the same , that the pipes would be slightly larger for a Z06

If that's the main difference then any muffler shop could pretty easily change the inlet size to 2.5 inches

Let us know how your install goes when you do it

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not to Install this for the summer.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:46 PM
Long_AV8R
Racer

Just sent you some more helpful info via PM. If you get this, it would be interesting to do the install at the same time so we can compare notes.
The following users liked this post:
1Willy1 (04-20-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 02:56 PM
Long_AV8R
Racer

One more thing I just thought of... If you live in Ca, as I do, this kit is not CARB approved for use on vehicles beyond 2008. I'm not sure why as everything is basically the same, but I have asked this question before myself and the answer I got was that Holley did not pursue certification beyond 2008 since it wasn't profitable to do so. My guess is that there wasn't a huge demand signal in Ca for these kits and that sales for the other 49 were good enough for them. Having said that, if this kit is used with the stock injectors and stock tune, all one would have to do to pass emissions is remove the turbos and reinstall the stock muffler and stock airbox. Everything else can remain in place. This would allow the owner to install the turbo for track days and race events on Saturday, then remove it on Sunday for the commute to work on Monday - and still be legal. That's my intent anyway. If you run the 65lb injectors and DIablosport tune, those would have to be removed and returned to stock too in order to pass emissions testing and be legal as a daily driver.

Turbos don't seem to get a lot of love with Corvette owners for some reason. I have been a Corvette owner for several decades (in fact since I started driving, and I even took my drivers license test in my 81), and own multiple Corvettes and I've always believed in naturally aspirated hp however, as a kid growing up in the 80's I always wanted a twin turbo Callaway Corvette but they were always out of my price range and I never wanted to boost either of my C3's. That changed when I got my C6 because the engine is so advanced that it is able to accept a turbo quite easily compared to what would have had to been done to either of my C3's to get there. I know a lot of people like superchargers when it comes to FI on these cars, but I always thought the twin turbo was the best of the beast, and hence the rationale behind my purchase. Also bear in mind that anything above 650 hp is going to require a new clutch (if you are like me and only drive a MT when it comes to sports cars), and if you have a clutch that's been in the car a while, you can expect to have to replace it sooner than expected if you boost the car at all - so that may be a consideration. This is one of the reasons I have not installed the turbo on mine yet as I would like to replace the clutch at the same time, however, I have a lot of time on my hands right now, so I may be installing this a little sooner than I had intended.

Old 04-20-2020, 03:12 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

One more thing I just thought of... If you live in Ca, as I do, this kit is not CARB approved for use on vehicles beyond 2008. I'm not sure why as everything is basically the same, but I have asked this question before myself and the answer I got was that Holley did not pursue certification beyond 2008 since it wasn't profitable to do so. My guess is that there wasn't a huge demand signal in Ca for these kits and that sales for the other 49 were good enough for them. Having said that, if this kit is used with the stock injectors and stock tune, all one would have to do to pass emissions is remove the turbos and reinstall the stock muffler and stock airbox. Everything else can remain in place. This would allow the owner to install the turbo for track days and race events on Saturday, then remove it on Sunday for the commute to work on Monday - and still be legal. That's my intent anyway. If you run the 65lb injectors and DIablosport tune, those would have to be removed and returned to stock too in order to pass emissions testing and be legal as a daily driver.

Turbos don't seem to get a lot of love with Corvette owners for some reason. I have been a Corvette owner for several decades (in fact since I started driving, and I even took my drivers license test in my 81), and own multiple Corvettes and I've always believed in naturally aspirated hp however, as a kid growing up in the 80's I always wanted a twin turbo Callaway Corvette but they were always out of my price range and I never wanted to boost either of my C3's. That changed when I got my C6 because the engine is so advanced that it is able to accept a turbo quite easily compared to what would have had to been done to either of my C3's to get there. I know a lot of people like superchargers when it comes to FI on these cars, but I always thought the twin turbo was the best of the beast, and hence the rationale behind my purchase. Also bear in mind that anything above 650 hp is going to require a new clutch (if you are like me and only drive a MT when it comes to sports cars), and if you have a clutch that's been in the car a while, you can expect to have to replace it sooner than expected if you boost the car at all - so that may be a consideration. This is one of the reasons I have not installed the turbo on mine yet as I would like to replace the clutch at the same time, however, I have a lot of time on my hands right now, so I may be installing this a little sooner than I had intended.
Thanks man

I wouldn't let a clutch slow u down , if your easy on it and not driving hard all the time you'd be surprised how long it will last.

This kit has now been sold guys

thank you very much
Old 04-20-2020, 03:22 PM
Long_AV8R
Racer

Originally Posted by 1Willy1
Thanks for the info , we asdumed the same , that the pipes would be slightly larger for a Z06

If that's the main difference then any muffler shop could pretty easily change the inlet size to 2.5 inches

Let us know how your install goes when you do it

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not to Install this for the summer.
My PM was to the other member that PM'd me asking for more information on this kit and I just realized you were thinking of keeping it to install on your car. I was going to ask why you were getting rid of it before installing it, but didn't want to disrupt this thread. But now seeing that you are on the fence, I have to ask why? I personally think the turbos would be more fun than a supercharger, although it does take a bit more skill to drive on a road course when compared to a supercharger. Never the less, its what I wanted, so when a local deal popped up, I sold off some bike projects I had to fund it and was lucky enough to get it before someone else did. The kit was actually headed to Canada when the buyer changed his mind due to shipping costs - which I find ironic. Mine did have a couple of kinked hoses, but otherwise, everything was included and in great shape. Mine also came with upgraded Comp turbos, so that was nice.

Just talking about this makes me want to go down to the garage and get started on it, but I'm installing a sub box and replacing the amp with a DSP + two 5 ch amps, and changing out all of the speakers right now, so it will have to wait... Nobody had the box I wanted so, as is usually the case, I designed and built my own to house not one, but two subs, and still subtly integrating it into the interior of the car. Since I have a meth tank going into the rear compartment on the drivers side, placing a box there was a non-starter, and placing a box on the other side incurred more lead time and more money than I wanted to invest, so I made my own and should have it in the car by the weekend. Waiting on some sound deadening insulation to arrive along with my DSP/Line Driver. I'm using my stock nav unit I recently installed and the line outs that I pulled from the factory connector via my own break out box to make it a more or less plug and play using the existing speaker wire in the car. I also eliminated the two rear speaker and the center channel in the front. So, as you can see, I prefer to do all my own work. Lol.

Anyway, for you, or for anyone that buys this kit, I would be totally down with starting a thread while doing the install together. That could be the basis for a lot of knowledge to share with the community about installing the STS kits on C6's, and that would be super cool to me. Once I have the turbo/meth installed on my car, I will only have wheels left on my checklist before my car is complete. But that is always subject to upward revisions.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:53 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

My PM was to the other member that PM'd me asking for more information on this kit and I just realized you were thinking of keeping it to install on your car. I was going to ask why you were getting rid of it before installing it, but didn't want to disrupt this thread. But now seeing that you are on the fence, I have to ask why? I personally think the turbos would be more fun than a supercharger, although it does take a bit more skill to drive on a road course when compared to a supercharger. Never the less, its what I wanted, so when a local deal popped up, I sold off some bike projects I had to fund it and was lucky enough to get it before someone else did. The kit was actually headed to Canada when the buyer changed his mind due to shipping costs - which I find ironic. Mine did have a couple of kinked hoses, but otherwise, everything was included and in great shape. Mine also came with upgraded Comp turbos, so that was nice.

Just talking about this makes me want to go down to the garage and get started on it, but I'm installing a sub box and replacing the amp with a DSP + two 5 ch amps, and changing out all of the speakers right now, so it will have to wait... Nobody had the box I wanted so, as is usually the case, I designed and built my own to house not one, but two subs, and still subtly integrating it into the interior of the car. Since I have a meth tank going into the rear compartment on the drivers side, placing a box there was a non-starter, and placing a box on the other side incurred more lead time and more money than I wanted to invest, so I made my own and should have it in the car by the weekend. Waiting on some sound deadening insulation to arrive along with my DSP/Line Driver. I'm using my stock nav unit I recently installed and the line outs that I pulled from the factory connector via my own break out box to make it a more or less plug and play using the existing speaker wire in the car. I also eliminated the two rear speaker and the center channel in the front. So, as you can see, I prefer to do all my own work. Lol.

Anyway, for you, or for anyone that buys this kit, I would be totally down with starting a thread while doing the install together. That could be the basis for a lot of knowledge to share with the community about installing the STS kits on C6's, and that would be super cool to me. Once I have the turbo/meth installed on my car, I will only have wheels left on my checklist before my car is complete. But that is always subject to upward revisions.
I agree, you should start a thread and im sure many would chime in.

I also got it because I just like the idea of having twin turbos, everyone and their grandmother has the same vortech style supercharger set up , although they are good and can make good power im not really in love with them.

I also like the fact that turbos do not run on a belt and theres no parasitic losses from these, you can still get amazing gas mileage with turbos and that WOOOOOSH sound between every gear is something I always loved.

For me id be happy to just get 600-650 WHP out of this, i want the long term reliability of a conservative tune and boost.

The reason im on the fence with installing it myself is because the previous owner installed a cam , I believe a stage 3 , and its not designed for boost, so I would either have to swap back to a stock cam or go with a boosted cam , and its going to add more money and difficulty to the install. My car is already making about 570 - 580 hp at the crank , its already pretty fast for me so again im just not sure but we will see how it goes.

Last edited by 1Willy1; 04-21-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To STS Twin Turbo Kit - C6 Z06

Old 04-21-2020, 01:14 PM
Long_AV8R
Racer

Originally Posted by 1Willy1
The reason im on the fence with installing it myself is because the previous owner installed a cam , I believe a stage 3 , and its not designed for boost, so I would either have to swap back to a stock cam or go with a boosted cam , and its going to add more money and difficulty to the install. My car is already making about 570 - 580 hp at the crank , its already pretty fast for me so again im just not sure but we will see how it goes.
Okay, yeah, I get that. Now I understand why you are on the fence, and that makes sense to me, especially given the amount of hp you currently have. And yeah, I like the sound of turbos too, and agree with all the rest of your points.

I remember back in the day when I bought my wife a Conquest TSi and the sound the turbo made in that four banger. I remember the test drive (my wife was not with me as this was a wedding present for her) and how I was sold within 500 feet of the parking lot when I drove that car. At that time I already had an 81 Corvette and a 76 Trans Am, and I thought the turbo 4 was nothing short of amazing when you could hear it wind up and then feel the boost it provided under acceleration - my first thought was how seductive it was to stomp on the accelerator, and then my second thought was - now I understand why the twin turbo Callaway Corvettes are so expensive. So yeah, I can't wait to have a twin turbo on my C6. For some reason, I think you are going to end up changing your mind at some point during the build thread. Lol. I think my next Corvette will be an actual Callaway. I'm getting to that point in my life where cars like that are very accessible to me but, I have to wait until all 3 of my girls finish college and, after that, I will have run out of reasons to restrain myself.
The following users liked this post:
1Willy1 (04-21-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 02:18 AM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Okay, yeah, I get that. Now I understand why you are on the fence, and that makes sense to me, especially given the amount of hp you currently have. And yeah, I like the sound of turbos too, and agree with all the rest of your points.

I remember back in the day when I bought my wife a Conquest TSi and the sound the turbo made in that four banger. I remember the test drive (my wife was not with me as this was a wedding present for her) and how I was sold within 500 feet of the parking lot when I drove that car. At that time I already had an 81 Corvette and a 76 Trans Am, and I thought the turbo 4 was nothing short of amazing when you could hear it wind up and then feel the boost it provided under acceleration - my first thought was how seductive it was to stomp on the accelerator, and then my second thought was - now I understand why the twin turbo Callaway Corvettes are so expensive. So yeah, I can't wait to have a twin turbo on my C6. For some reason, I think you are going to end up changing your mind at some point during the build thread. Lol. I think my next Corvette will be an actual Callaway. I'm getting to that point in my life where cars like that are very accessible to me but, I have to wait until all 3 of my girls finish college and, after that, I will have run out of reasons to restrain myself.
I used to be into Lexus a lot and those guys use turbos more then superchargers, and that's where I fell in love with them

Only two twin turbo corvettes here in Canada for sale now and they are both fetching a very high price, never seen a real Callaway TT though
Old 04-23-2020, 01:00 AM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Bump ttt

Quick Reply: FS: STS Twin Turbo Kit - C6 Z06