Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

WTB: Looking for Targa Roof (non-transparent)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 01:56 PM
Matthobs
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Looking for Targa Roof (non-transparent)

So the other day I forgot to latch down my roof and pulled out of my neighborhood and it flew right off @ 45mph, flipped twice, and hit the ground (it was spectacular). It couldn't have landed any better way to where it just cracked the front part as it hit the ground from the top first. Thank the lord it didn't hit another car behind me.. Regardless, there is about 2 foot crack running through the top of it along where the windshield sits. Being fiberglass its very hard to find someone to repair it back to normal. But if anyone knows a shop within South Florida that would be able to fix it let me know.
Any other suggestions on how to fix it would be great as well.

Anyways. I'm in the market for an undamaged silver or black roof if possible, but if you have any other color I would still be interested and wrap it. If you have one shoot me a text or call @ 239-834-three six two zero.

Last edited by Matthobs; 04-16-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:45 PM
TFFTBR
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthobs
So the other day I forgot to latch down my roof and pulled out of my neighborhood and it flew right off @ 45mph, flipped twice, and hit the ground (it was spectacular). It couldn't have landed any better way to where it just cracked the front part as it hit the ground from the top first. Thank the lord it didn't hit another car behind me.. Regardless, there is about 2 foot crack running through the top of it along where the windshield sits. Being fiberglass its very hard to find someone to repair it back to normal. But if anyone knows a shop within South Florida that would be able to fix it let me know.
Any other suggestions on how to fix it would be great as well.

Anyways. I'm in the market for an undamaged silver or black roof if possible, but if you have any other color I would still be interested and wrap it. If you have one shoot me a text or call @ 239-834-three six two zero.
I have a silver roof panel from my old 2007 coupe. It is in perfect condition, but you will need to transfer your hardware from your old top onto this one.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:46 PM
Tj25
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Old 04-20-2018, 11:04 PM
whitenow
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Shipping tends to be a potential issue.

I have a complete black one with old hardware (front latches use rollers). It is not in perfect shape, but you need to be pretty close to see the flaws.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:14 PM
SpeedRite
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a newly painted black hood that you would simply need to swap your hardware to.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for Targa Roof (non-transparent)

Quick Reply: WTB: Looking for Targa Roof (non-transparent)